• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sometimes Fairies have to EARN those wings! Ty's MAW TR July 10-17 2010

Oh lol Maroo I am so sorry! Man I felt bad but it was the one and only pict I cherished the most with Mickey Mouse but I think I have found a few others instead:) I wish Sierra would play Tink some day. I think she would be great at it.

I hope I'm not over doing it. Please tell me if I am. But Im on a roll lol!

Thank you all for joning me on our TR.

Next up -ANIMAL KINGDOM and WILL WE MAKE IT TO DHS???? And WHERE DID YOU PARK????????

There is NO WAY I would even think you are overdoing it! Honestly - great report! :) Tell us all about it, sister!

There is NO WAY I would even think you are overdoing it! Honestly - great report! :) Tell us all about it, sister!

:lmao: Good cause I am loving reliving it. ;) And on a rather bad note I have to get it done very soon because I need to put my laptop in the shop but Im waiting till I at least get it this all done so I don't leave anyone hanging for a while. My laptop has NO color in it now. It starts up with color then goes to black and white and it is really hard to look at all the pictures :confused:

:lmao: Good cause I am loving reliving it. ;) And on a rather bad note I have to get it done very soon because I need to put my laptop in the shop but Im waiting till I at least get it this all done so I don't leave anyone hanging for a while. My laptop has NO color in it now. It starts up with color then goes to black and white and it is really hard to look at all the pictures :confused:

Oh no!

Do you have everything backed up? All of your pictures and such? :guilty:

Wednsday-Animal Kingdsom, DHS? And 2 cars in the parking lot??

So this morning we get up and kind of take our time. I wanted to be at AK kind of early because I knew the animals wouldnt be out if we waited too long. But we got up and had some breakfast and dilly dalled around and got there around 12:30. Now this was originally supposed to be MK day but we switched them.

We arrive at AK and off we go.
Photo0125.jpg

And the first characters we run into was Lilo and Stitch. This was our first time for our pixie dust with the GAC. They saw us and took us right up. after that I kind of knew what to do but it was a little late in the trip but it certainly helped this day:love:
Photo0134.jpg

After that we walked around a bit just kind of looking at the animals and scenery. Then we came upon the Festival of the Lion King. I had mentioned in my ptr that I would really love to see it but thought it might be too loud and busy for Ty. But I said well it can't hurt to try and we were in before we knew it. It was awsome and the kids really enjoyed it. They loved the acrobat monkeys(I know there was another name for them:lmao:) At the end one of them came up and asked both of them if they wanted to be in the parade and they said NO way. Sierra used to be my big go doer but anymore she is so shy when we are out. We were all smiles after that and when we came out we just "happened";) to be at Camp Mickey. So "since" we were already there why not???:rotfl: So I gave it a whirl and went up the exit and they took us right up to each character. Only Goofy thought he could get away with having NO photographer:lmao: It was so funny. But he appeared and all was well:laughing:

Here is Mickey giving Ty a kiss
Look at that smile!!
Photo0143.jpg

Our family
Photo0139.jpg

Another Magical memory
Photo0144.jpg

Photo0149.jpg

Photo0157.jpg

Photo0159.jpg

Then we were off to ride the Safari.
We had to stop for a Rhino in the road and this guy just stood there and stared at us. Didn't hardly move at all. I kept wondering if he was going to reach in and lick Sierra:rotfl2:
TylersMAWtripJuly102010399.jpg

This Ostrich I think was mad at the guy in the truck for getting the Rhino out of the road. Either that or really curious of him :laughing: The truck kept backing up and the Ostrich kept sticking his head in his window.The truck would keep backing up to get him away lol
TylersMAWtripJuly102010414.jpg

Heres the Rhino that was in the road what a cutie!
TylersMAWtripJuly102010416.jpg

Heres a baby elephant that went running away from its mom. When she finally saw it running she took off after it lol
TylersMAWtripJuly102010407.jpg

The driver had just told us how a lion can sleep 12-13 hours a day but had really wished we could see them. Then a really loud clap of thunder happened and they all went running. I snapped a pic as fast as I could
TylersMAWtripJuly102010417.jpg

After we got off of the Safari the sky opened up and it began to pour! We stopped under a bit of shelter to get our poncho's out. The CM there told us the shelter wouldn't last long and it would begin to come through. It was a "hut" kind of place. So we put on our poncho's and off we went in the soaking rain. It poured for quite a while but we kept on trecking down the trail.

After the Safari we stopped for a restroom break then headed toward the train. It was a nice walking and rain break. We went into the building and Jeminy Cricket was there. We were going to wait in line but we were so wet and yucky we decided to skip it. Mine and Tims feet were so done by this point so we found a bench and the kids went walking around. It was nice because Ty got a chance to do some walking instead of riding in his chair. His chair is for long distances so he needed to get up and move around a bit. Him and Sierra got to touch a few little creatures and things. The petting place was closed due to the rain. Then we got back on the train and headed back.

Somewhere in AK we had this pic taken but I cannot remember where. Me and my dad used to watch Woody Wood Pecker ALL the time. I love this pic!
TylersMAWtripJuly1020103003.jpg

Then we headed off to find Expedition Everest. Ty was really excited. Sierra was unsure but I told her come on WE can do it!!
Photo0169.jpg

After we had this pic taken a lady was talking to her daughter to where I could here her. She was saying "yes I know hunny he has braces too! We know how that is!" I had noticed them at the Lion King. We don't see too many kids with braces like Ty's that seem to walk typical and this little girl was using a wheelchair but was walking typical beside it like Ty does sometimes when we saw her. I really wanted to talk to her but Ty was ready to ride that coaster. I just commented back and said hi and told Ty to look but he didn't care. It was all Everest at that point:rotfl2: I was hoping to see her again but we never did. It really helped me and dh because since Ty does walk and does appear to do great with his afo's on it is still hard for some to understand he just cannot do distances and standing and stopping for long. And if he does, it wears his body out so he is in pain and has even became very sick from overdoing it but after the fact.

Ok so anyways back to Everest lol. We all rode it and LOVED IT! Sierra had her eyes closed for the Yeti so she didn't get so see him. I told her she should open them but she didn't. After Everest we headed out because it was getting late and we needed to head over to DHS. But we were all SO hungry and we were trying to figure out what to do. So we came upon Rainforest Cafe and since we had Ty's headphones figured it would be fine. We waited for maybe 10mins and we were sat down. Our waitress was great. We all really wanted a Volcano but we were too full. Well me and hubby were. Sierra had just had a big turkey leg so she wasn't that hungry and Ty drank some of his drink they gave him which made him too full to eat.

We headed out after that and went to catch a bus over to DHS. I was so thankful we didn't have to walk up another ramp to the monorail! I asked the bus driver if it was ok that we would get back after they closed because our car was there and he said sure no problem so off we went. It was already near 7 by then.

NEXT UP-DHS WHAT YOUR GETTING READY TO CLOSE????

Wednesday DHS time. What! You close WHEN??

So we arrive at DHS from AK and while Sierra and Tim head off for a little break I take Ty to the guest relations to get another GAC since our green light was off ours from all the rain. He asked me if we had any particulur rides in mind and I said yes. Two. Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania. He said we would get to do one but not both since they closed in 20 minutes:sad2: I looked at the clock and it was 7:35 ug! I didn't even think about them closing at 8pm because AK closes early WHY would DHS close early? This is where I messed up big time on our days when I switched the MK day. So he gave us a little Pixie dust. He said since it was an EMH day he would give us tickets so we could stay longer but it is not something the GKTW is part of so they don't always do this. I was SO thankful! I wanted to hug him lol But I didn't. My list of specific rides that we wanted to do at each park came in so handy. After we did those rides anything else was a bonus so that really helped at this park. So we headed off to TOT and me and Sierra of course chickened out once again. Tim and Ty loved it!

So after TOT we were on our way to Toy Story Mania only we had a little stop at Rockin Roller Coaster. Sierra and I were debating wether to ride it or not and dh wasn't sure he could so we were kind of hesitant about letting Ty ride it by himself. It is very loud and fast. We all get up there and see it take off and I say NO WAY:scared1: Sierra so NOPE NOT ME:eek: and Tim and Ty are OOH YEAHHHH!!!:rotfl2: So off they went and we met them at the end. They both got off all smiles!
Photo0172.jpg

We finally get to TSM only for the CM there to tell me that my tickets were no good that they were only good for TOT:rolleyes1 I said um no the guy told me since he gave them to me at Guest Relations they have that at the top but we were all good. So she kind of gave me a look and let us go past. Seriously they wouldn't deny us our ONE last ride of the Disney Parks:confused3 But we headed in and Ty was once again hesitant. It said 4D I think and dh was really talking about it and the more you talk about something the more time Ty has to think about it. So I said it's not that bad not like a move (I had not been on it mind you) but I know was similar to a ride we have here so he was good to go. It was so much fun and we all really enjoyed it. Although I did have to have them open my bar b/c SOMEONE put it too tight. Not mentioning any names TONYA!! lol I pulled it way too tight so I had to have them give me some relief:rotfl2: Dh of course one and Ty was second Sierra was 3rd and I ok I brought up the rear but ANYHOO!!!! lol we had a great time.

After that we did a little shopping before we headed back to the buses. We waited for our bus and the guy put us on only he never asked where we were going. It said Animal Kingdom logde/Animal Kingdom. The ride seemed to be quite long and we finally came to the first stop. Kadani? I think is what it was then a second stop and the rest of the people got off and Im told Tim um this isnt looking so good we were the only ones left. The guy gets up and goes to Ty to unhook his wheelchair I said ummmm we are at Animal Kingdom parking lot. He says Oooohhhh. I said is that ok he said oh sure! I felt a sigh of relief. We get there and the parking lot is EMPTY:eek: We had this long eerie walk to our van in the Handicapped lot. There was one other vehicle in that same lot with ours. I kind of rushed Ty through the grass in his chair lol he had a bouncy ride. The street sweeper was there sweeping. It was just really eerie.

Then we head back to the Villa and off to sleep we went. We came back a different way then we went. We came way down 192 somehow. I tell you we never took the same route twice on this trip:laughing: And it was the same for GKTW. We never went in the same side of the little building twice in a row to get in. One person would say do this and the next time they would say no go there it was a little frustrating because one of the days we were behind another van and it let them through. dh put our card in and the stick gate stayed up for us so we thought. Well once the big gates let the other van it they shut so we were stuck between the stick gate and the big metal gate. So we had to sit there and wait and hope someone would see us. Just as I started to get my villiage guide out (see ALWAYS have it with you!!) a lady in a golf cart happened to see us and opened the gate. We were so done and ready for bed by then lol.

Coming up-SEA WORLD! Our last park!

Here is our family shot. We had it done right before we left
Photo0177.jpg

Oh no!

Do you have everything backed up? All of your pictures and such? :guilty:

I do Maroo. I learned the hard way with that. They junked my last laptop and I lost all my pictures with it when I took it in for service. Dh has them all on a disc and I still have them all on my camera's until I get hard copies. I still have to sit and do that too. lol

Today is mine and hubby's 16th anniversary! He is taking me out for dinner tonight. My mom will probably keep the kids. I bought him a new watch as his is well 15 yrs old! :rotfl2:

Sea World day and Christmas at the Village

It's Thursday and we are off to Sea World. We get up and head out and we actually don't get lost and find it rather easily thank goodness! When we parked there weren't alot of cars where we were so it wasn't that far of a walk. We get our bags checked (no one ever wants to be behind me in this line:lmao:)

We first walk by Manta and we are all pretty excited. It looks like alot of fun but I decide we should go ahead and head to the dolphins.But first we stop to see the Sting Rays. The kids really liked them and we stood there for a while. Then we found the baby sting rays and this little one in particular did not like his "water". He wanted out of there so bad. Everytime we tried to walk away he was bobbing up trying to get out. Pretty much telling us to "please take me home!" like a doggy in a window :love: He really tugged at my heart and I took so many pics of him.
TylersMAWtripJuly102010431.jpg

TylersMAWtripJuly102010435.jpg

After that we headed over to the dolphins and just looked at them because there was a class that were feeding them on the other side. We decided to come back a little later. We walked through a garden they had there and then Ty did the pressed penny machine. After that we headed over to see the Manatee's. They are huge! It was apparently feeding time because a few of them were enjoying their lettace.
TylersMAWtripJuly102010449.jpg

After that we headed back over to see the dolphins. We wanted to get there a bit early but had taken our time with the Manatee's. We still got there early and waited for just a bit. They were hungry as ever but they know when you are out of fish that is IT and they are done with you. I was kind of disappointed that the photographers that were standing accross the way didn't take any pictures of us. I did the best I could but didnt get any with the kids faces.
TylersMAWtripJuly102010458.jpg

TylersMAWtripJuly102010459.jpg

Ty was more interested in this bird. lol
TylersMAWtripJuly102010454.jpg

TylersMAWtripJuly102010462.jpg

After we fed the dolphins we were off to Kracken. Ty was really looking forward to it and Sierra and I had butterfly's. Tim was sitting the rides out at SW his feet were done. He had two blisters on his foot by this time. We got to the top of Kracken and I thought "what have I done!" after I looked around a bit. I figured oh well no turning back now.
TylersMAWtripJuly1020103001.jpg

Then we trekked off to find Believe as it started at 12:30. It was right around noon already! A lady informed us it was on the other side of the park and we would only make it if we hurried. Oh Tim was not really happy about that but he said lets do it so off we went. That was a really long hike but we did it with not long to spare. We got some seats and enjoyed the foot rest. This was a beautiful show. I was so glad we made it. Sierra really enjoyed it. Im not sure she took her eyes off it once! I knew she would. She has always wanted to be a veterinarian until the last few years she has changed it to Animal Cop. But she loves animals, and science. I think she should work at Sea World;) We all loved the show!

Here are some pictures.
TylersMAWtripJuly102010474.jpg

TylersMAWtripJuly102010479.jpg

TylersMAWtripJuly102010487.jpg

TylersMAWtripJuly102010504.jpg

After Believe we stopped for a break and dh decided he wanted something. He ordered an icecream and wanted a cone but they put it in a cute little Shamu dish instead. It says Sea World on the bottom a perfect souvenier. Then we were off to see the sharks. We just saw the ones outside the tank and then headed back to Manta as we were ready to head back to the village. On our way to Manta we stopped to see these guys
TylersMAWtripJuly102010531.jpg

It took us a few minutes to decide if they were real or not because they stood perfectly still:rotfl2: Guess they like to pose:lmao:

Then we headed to Manta. On our way through the exit there was a boy hurling. That did it for me and Sierra. NO WAY!! I just couldnt imagine riding something up with my feet behind me anyways. Ty rode it by himself and was all smiles once again after he got off. I wanted a picture so bad but never did see a place to get it.

After Manta we were headed out but Sierra and Ty wanted to ride Journey to Atlantis. While Tim had a seat I walked them up there and while I hadn't planned on riding it I thought well why not?? So we all got on and Sierra and Ty were in the front:rotfl: Ty got pretty wet and Sierra got some wet and I got drips lol. We knew about the big hill but not about the second hill nor did we know there was a little tiny roller coaster moment in there too. It was alot of fun and surprises:banana:

We got back to the villa in plenty of time to eat some good dinner at the Gingerbread house. After that we headed over to see Santa but it was beginning to rain. The kids picked out thier gifts and Santa came out and pretty much walked this little boy back to where he was on stage. We were all the first ones to get there. I think he assumed he was with us since we started walking to line up but his family was actually back picking out gifts. He had to maybe have been 3? They finally realized his family wasn't with him so they started trying to find them but they came in shortly so they did their family then we were next. Santa was pretty adament we get on stage too but there wasn't alot of room. He told dh to get on one knee and that was no easy task as his knee was pretty sore(remember he had arthoscopic surgery on it in Feb but has had alot of problems with it since) So dh wasn't happy. Then after we were done no one could tell us the right way to exit. The volunteers said one way so we went under the rope. The photographer said another way so we started to go up the ramp then Santa said NO out the door to the left:mad: Dh was soo mad he said "make up your minds!":eek: Yeah where's the hole for me to crawl in??? It was raining pretty good so we headed over to the Castle of Miricles to find Ty and a friends star again. The kids played around a while then we headed back to the villa. The rain let up and Sierra and Tim went swimming. They had spent alot of time swimming although you can't tell it from my tr;) Ty went to play with the snail he had found a few days ago. And I began to pack and see what we would need to ship home.

Coming up- Friday July 16th Our last day. Where's Ty's glasses:scared1:, How much is that shipping!!! NO WAY!, Attention all departing flights the Airport is now closed for all departing flights:eek:

I hope some of the Big Givers see this so they can see thier outfits! The kids loved wearing their outfits. Their pillow cases were awsome and they slept really good on them. And the crayons and markers and all of the other goodies came in so handy. We definately used the wipes and lip balm! The almonds didnt last long after we got there:) They each bought some goodies with their giftcards. Sierra got a Mickey art studio kit which she loves! As well as some Vinylmations. She loves those things and is collecting them. She got two while we were there. She also got a Sea World Shirt. Ty got a Goofy Stuffed animal and a safari/truck set. He sleeps with his Goofy everynight and is keeping his safari set for collecting. He also got a Sea World shirt. I also bought myself a Mickey Mouse hoodie jacket that I had wanted. I want to get something spray painted on it in memory of his Wish trip and a Sea World shirt. Me and dh also got Sea World Licence plate brackets and Sierra and I got dolphin and shamu book marks as well.

I just wanted to say thank you again for everything you did for us.

Great job on your TR!!!! I am so glad that Ty smiled for the princesses!!! AND I think that picture of Sierra and Tink is priceless!! My daughter was reading with me and she thinks that Sierra would make an awesome Tink!

Happy to see you guys had such a wonderful time!

Wow! When you said you needed to hurry up, you weren't kidding. I can't believe that you fit Animal Kingdom and Disney Studios in the same day. I love the Pixie Dust that allowed you to stay during extra magic hours! :wizard: Your Sea World day looked like lots of fun too! I can see that Ty likes the adventurous rides! I am so glad that your trip has turned out so good! :cheer2:

I can't believe you lost the post you were working on!!! That's happened to me too. :mad:

I thought Sierra looked a lot like Tink in the profile shot. Very cute. :cutie:

I don't think Woody Woodpecker is at AK. It looks like a US shot to me....

Phew! The bus didn't ditch you miles from your car! I think it would be eerie to be there all alone though.

I laughed that you guys had problems getting back into GKTW. I was so confused the first night, after I left for WalMart by myself! They have the card readers sitting there by the booth, but they don't work. At least not for the room cards we got. They told me, after the second night we got confused, that you just call every time you come home after the person in the booth is gone. :confused3

The penguins stood still for you??? They were havin' a party when we saw them. :lmao:

I love that you got to stay late at DHS!!! Total pixie dust!

I felt so bad for Sierra because she just wanted to ride the rides and because we got there a little late we felt we had to rush in which we did.But she is ok with my melt down now. ;)

Yes me too!! I like the spectro magic alot better. I think the fairies were the perfect way to break him in :rotfl2:

Oh lol Maroo I am so sorry! Man I felt bad but it was the one and only pict I cherished the most with Mickey Mouse but I think I have found a few others instead:) I wish Sierra would play Tink some day. I think she would be great at it.

I hope I'm not over doing it. Please tell me if I am. But Im on a roll lol!

Thank you all for joning me on our TR.

Next up -ANIMAL KINGDOM and WILL WE MAKE IT TO DHS???? And WHERE DID YOU PARK????????

I loved reading about Disney day. I loved Tys shirt. We had a huge meltdown at Disney World. Kylee wasn't having a great day and we finally got to see her Princesses. We only saw Belle and Aurura. She was so tired, but she we along with the pictures. I asked were was the blue Princess(Cinderella) and they said she wasn't making a an appearence that day. I told them how she was Kylees favorite Princess. The next thing I knew...they went to get her. By this time Kylee didn't want anything to do with pictures. She was crying the whole time. I was mortified. Here they went and got her and she ws screaming.

Wednesday DHS time. What! You close WHEN??

So we arrive at DHS from AK and while Sierra and Tim head off for a little break I take Ty to the guest relations to get another GAC since our green light was off ours from all the rain. He asked me if we had any particulur rides in mind and I said yes. Two. Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania. He said we would get to do one but not both since they closed in 20 minutes:sad2: I looked at the clock and it was 7:35 ug! I didn't even think about them closing at 8pm because AK closes early WHY would DHS close early? This is where I messed up big time on our days when I switched the MK day. So he gave us a little Pixie dust. He said since it was an EMH day he would give us tickets so we could stay longer but it is not something the GKTW is part of so they don't always do this. I was SO thankful! I wanted to hug him lol But I didn't. My list of specific rides that we wanted to do at each park came in so handy. After we did those rides anything else was a bonus so that really helped at this park. So we headed off to TOT and me and Sierra of course chickened out once again. Tim and Ty loved it!

So after TOT we were on our way to Toy Story Mania only we had a little stop at Rockin Roller Coaster. Sierra and I were debating wether to ride it or not and dh wasn't sure he could so we were kind of hesitant about letting Ty ride it by himself. It is very loud and fast. We all get up there and see it take off and I say NO WAY:scared1: Sierra so NOPE NOT ME:eek: and Tim and Ty are OOH YEAHHHH!!!:rotfl2: So off they went and we met them at the end. They both got off all smiles!
Photo0172.jpg

We finally get to TSM only for the CM there to tell me that my tickets were no good that they were only good for TOT:rolleyes1 I said um no the guy told me since he gave them to me at Guest Relations they have that at the top but we were all good. So she kind of gave me a look and let us go past. Seriously they wouldn't deny us our ONE last ride of the Disney Parks:confused3 But we headed in and Ty was once again hesitant. It said 4D I think and dh was really talking about it and the more you talk about something the more time Ty has to think about it. So I said it's not that bad not like a move (I had not been on it mind you) but I know was similar to a ride we have here so he was good to go. It was so much fun and we all really enjoyed it. Although I did have to have them open my bar b/c SOMEONE put it too tight. Not mentioning any names TONYA!! lol I pulled it way too tight so I had to have them give me some relief:rotfl2: Dh of course one and Ty was second Sierra was 3rd and I ok I brought up the rear but ANYHOO!!!! lol we had a great time.

After that we did a little shopping before we headed back to the buses. We waited for our bus and the guy put us on only he never asked where we were going. It said Animal Kingdom logde/Animal Kingdom. The ride seemed to be quite long and we finally came to the first stop. Kadani? I think is what it was then a second stop and the rest of the people got off and Im told Tim um this isnt looking so good we were the only ones left. The guy gets up and goes to Ty to unhook his wheelchair I said ummmm we are at Animal Kingdom parking lot. He says Oooohhhh. I said is that ok he said oh sure! I felt a sigh of relief. We get there and the parking lot is EMPTY:eek: We had this long eerie walk to our van in the Handicapped lot. There was one other vehicle in that same lot with ours. I kind of rushed Ty through the grass in his chair lol he had a bouncy ride. The street sweeper was there sweeping. It was just really eerie.

Then we head back to the Villa and off to sleep we went. We came back a different way then we went. We came way down 192 somehow. I tell you we never took the same route twice on this trip:laughing: And it was the same for GKTW. We never went in the same side of the little building twice in a row to get in. One person would say do this and the next time they would say no go there it was a little frustrating because one of the days we were behind another van and it let them through. dh put our card in and the stick gate stayed up for us so we thought. Well once the big gates let the other van it they shut so we were stuck between the stick gate and the big metal gate. So we had to sit there and wait and hope someone would see us. Just as I started to get my villiage guide out (see ALWAYS have it with you!!) a lady in a golf cart happened to see us and opened the gate. We were so done and ready for bed by then lol.

Coming up-SEA WORLD! Our last park!

Here is our family shot. We had it done right before we left
Photo0177.jpg

I love this picture. Tys outfit is so cute.

I have been reading and loving all your updates and pictures! I am so glad you had a good trip!

Welcome to my tr:goodvibes Thank you for reading about Ty's trip:)

Great job on your TR!!!! I am so glad that Ty smiled for the princesses!!! AND I think that picture of Sierra and Tink is priceless!! My daughter was reading with me and she thinks that Sierra would make an awesome Tink!

Happy to see you guys had such a wonderful time!

I was amazed that he did. I think the fairy's warmed him up:lmao: Or else he just didn't want the Princesses to give him grief like the fairy's did :rotfl2:Please tell your daughter thank you and you too! I would much rather her be Tink then an animal cop but I guess I will lose that one so I won't even try lol.We did have a great time. This trip has left a lasting impression on us.I plan on posting a bit about it on the last day;)

Wow! When you said you needed to hurry up, you weren't kidding. I can't believe that you fit Animal Kingdom and Disney Studios in the same day. I love the Pixie Dust that allowed you to stay during extra magic hours! :wizard: Your Sea World day looked like lots of fun too! I can see that Ty likes the adventurous rides! I am so glad that your trip has turned out so good! :cheer2:

lol We only just touched DHS and Dh and I were talking last night. Since Ty has the passport and can use it at Kennedy Space Center we might try to take a trip there maybe next year and go to DHS so we can see the rest of it but that would be the only Disney Park we could do. And NO way would we go in the summer. Absolutely NO way lol. Yes Ty has gotten very adventurous. Too adventurous for me:rotfl2:

again love the TR update and awesome pics curious to the airport thing tho lol

Thank you:) Coming up soon!

I can't believe you lost the post you were working on!!! That's happened to me too. :mad:

It's happened 3 times now:mad: frustrating. The last one said fatal error? but somehow I got the post back thank goodness lol.

I thought Sierra looked a lot like Tink in the profile shot. Very cute. :cutie:

thank you:) I will have to tell her what everyone thinks when she wakes up. She will love it:lovestruc

I don't think Woody Woodpecker is at AK. It looks like a US shot to me....

OOPS! you are so right. He is definately not a disney character:lmao: I didn't think of that. Oh welll I'll leave him in there since he is cute :rotfl2:

Phew! The bus didn't ditch you miles from your car! I think it would be eerie to be there all alone though.

As we were walking to our car something stirred in the bushes and Sierra jumps. We had a little fun with her and said "um we ARE in Animal Kingdom. Maybe one of the animals got out:lmao: Well it didn't help me any either so we really picked up the pace:rotfl2:

I laughed that you guys had problems getting back into GKTW. I was so confused the first night, after I left for WalMart by myself! They have the card readers sitting there by the booth, but they don't work. At least not for the room cards we got. They told me, after the second night we got confused, that you just call every time you come home after the person in the booth is gone. :confused3

That's what they told us to do too but the second night dh got a bright idea of going through the other side and found the card reader didnt work with our card(I think they ended up saying it needed to be the meal card:confused3) Then we went through the orginal side the next night since the lady in the booth flagged us over. It was after that lol. Then they told us we could use either one again well that didn't work out because that's when we got stuck between the gates. Probably tired operator error:laughing:

The penguins stood still for you??? They were havin' a party when we saw them. :lmao:

LOL!! Yep they looked so stiff. Thank goodness too because I was standing back a little bit with Ty's w/c trying to get pics and this lady came up in front of me and took my spot as I was trying to manuever it in. She proceded to stand there and look to the side and make a phone call all while I am getting furious and shaking my head at her. Finally I had to say excuse me can I just get in to take a picture!!??? We ran into that alot in the parks with people shoving their way in front of the chair.

I love that you got to stay late at DHS!!! Total pixie dust!

We were so thankful that CM did that for us. He loved TOT We just liked Animal Kingdom too much and stayed too late. ;)

I loved reading about Disney day. I loved Tys shirt. We had a huge meltdown at Disney World. Kylee wasn't having a great day and we finally got to see her Princesses. We only saw Belle and Aurura. She was so tired, but she we along with the pictures. I asked were was the blue Princess(Cinderella) and they said she wasn't making a an appearence that day. I told them how she was Kylees favorite Princess. The next thing I knew...they went to get her. By this time Kylee didn't want anything to do with pictures. She was crying the whole time. I was mortified. Here they went and got her and she ws screaming.

aww bless your hearts!That had to be hard. But I'm sure they understand. I kind of wish we would have seen Mickey and Minnie at the Village but I think it was the day I switched my park days which messed alot of things up I hope she will get her picture taken with Cinderella this trip:)

I love this picture. Tys outfit is so cute.

Thank you. Ty got this outfit from the BIG GIVE. His and Sierra's outfit match. The work they do is amazing!

Today they are starting on my porch finally! It was supposed to be put in back in May but with the rain they were so far behind. I am so excited because I will have a little flower bed in the front to put some flowers. Just in time for fall to get here for some mums. Then after that they will put in a new driveway since ours is so busted up(broke my arm on it a few years ago). Ty cannot wait to sit outside and watch lol.The guy is going to let him put a 2010 penny in it when they pour the cement. We will go pick out railing next week. I am so glad its finally happening. I have wanted a front porch for so long!

I am enjoying your TR. I am so glad the outfits fit! Can't wait to hear about the airport adventure. Sounds interesting.

Jen

Friday July 16th Our last day at GKTW:(

Today is the last day and I was once again up early so I decided to get what little packing I needed to do done. I was gathering our things and noticed I couldn't find Ty's glasses. He got up not too long after I did so I asked him and he said he left them on a table at the pool last night. I had to go check in for the airline too so I called and asked if they had found them. They said to come look as they had ALOT of glasses lol. So off I went and I didn't get lost this time! As I took my slow stroll through the village I took in a few thoughts. I will save them for the bottom of this post b/c I want to tell you what my sweet sweet boy said to me the day after we got back.

They had his glasses thankfully and I turned in the fishing pole. I was going to order a few t-shirts but they told me I could do it online at home. I got home and they are redoing the online shop but I am anxious to order! I want to get them for Christmas presents for the family.

Then I came back to the villa and everyone was getting ready to go have "Ice Cream for Breakfast". They had all kinds of games set up and a place to get our ice cream. Tim, Ty and Sierra all got some ice cream. Since my stomache was a little nervous with the plane ride coming I decided against it. The kids didn't want to play any games (they were camera shy as there was news man there I believe) so we headed back to the villa. We got all of our things together and put them in the van and went and parked up front as we needed to be out by 11am. We walked around a bit until lunch time and grabbed some Katies Kitchen. Sierra and Tim then went swimming and swam up until it was almost time to leave. Me and Ty headed for the air conditioning at Amberville. He loved it in there. He played with the boats for hours. He had wanted to ride the train all week but it was down. Finally they said he could ride and he was all smiles! I was so ready to grab some zzz's. I was just warn out from the week. I tried to relax in there on the couch but couldn't doze off. At 3:30 we headed to the pool to get dh and Sierra. We headed for the shipping place around the corner from GKTW since there was no way we had room for our Ridemakerz cars on the plane. I also packed 2 boxes and a duffel bag of things.

I knew I couldn't ship it all out and have it there in a week or two that would have been cheaper but Ty could not have stood that. And the cars would get bumped around more the longer it took . So I had them arrive on Tuesday which was 4 days after we got home. The price??? $220.00:scared1: But it was worth it:love:

After that we headed to the airport since we needed to be there at 6pm for our flight. We didn't even get lost getting there even though we didn't go the way the gps wanted us to go. We followed GKTW directions like we should have!:thumbsup2 We arrived at the airport in plenty of time. We did have a little bit of trouble figuring out where to go once we were ready to get on the elevator. Couldnt figure out which floor to get on but finally asked someone and off we went. The security guy told me happy Birthday:) since my birthday was a few days away. I thought that was sweet:love:

We get a seat and start talking and relaxing. We had to get a seat away from our gate b/c it was full from the flight getting ready to leave to Atlanta. So they call them up to board so Sierra and I go get a seat. Then we look outside and the sky is turning really dark. Right after we all got situated in our seats it began to pour and thunder and lightening. Ty was NOT a happy camper b/c his headphones were packed in the checked luggage:headache: He kept wanting me to go get them and I had to keep telling him I couldn't. We just kept talking to him showing him the rain coming down the top of the airport window louvers in the ceiling. We thought it was pretty. Then they came on and said NO FLIGHTS were allowed to leave that the airport was shut down due to the thunder and lightening. Um not good. This was about 6:45 and the Atlanta flight was supposed to leave at 6:40. They moved our gate to another one but there was no seats so we stayed where we were at and they said they had Ty situated with his chair no worries. As I still hadnt got a tag for it. So finally a little after 7 or so they let them board. But said the weather in Atlanta was pretty bad. The storm had let up but it was still raining and they kept saying if it didn't thunder or lightening for the next few minutes they would go. Well lets just say that we were boarding and took off before they ever left the ground. We have no idea how long they had to sit there in that plane.Apparently it was still storming in Atlanta. I couldn't imagine.:eek: When it came time for the guy to wheel Ty down the ramp I asked about the tag for his chair and he had to walk back up and get one.We left a little bit after 8 and had a great flight. We saw lightening down below us. Sierra took some pictures when we were getting near our airport. I have to say the music (Disney Radio:)) really helped alot!

We had the same limo driver as we did when we left. That guy was a hoot! He said he had to pick up another family there just before ours and drive them home then come all the way back to get us. Apparently there was a traffic jam on the highway so he went down the median:eek: A semi pulled in front of him and parked so he had to get out and ask him to move so he could go get a little boy and his family that had just went to FL on a Make A Wish Trip:rotfl2: He didn't even have time to get gas so we had to stop on the way home. We didn't mind at all lol. Tim was going to get out and get a pop but decided he was too tired. I sat back and relaxed while he worried about his driving (it was an older man). Then when we got near my best friends house I called her and told them we were coming in front of it and they all ran out at 11 at night yelling and screaming when we went by:lmao: They were leaving for a two week florida trip 3 days after we got back so they were all excited.

We got home and my parents were here and had brought us some food to eat and had the fridge stocked with Mountain Dew for me:lmao:

The day after we got home on our way to the grocery we were talking and Ty said told us "I left a piece of my soal at GKTW" Then he goes on to tell us that he wants his son to go there someday if he has special needs like him. Me and dh both had tears in our eyes. So I would venture to say Ty had the trip of his life and I am so greatful to everyone at MAW, GKTW and here on this forum that walked through this awsome journey with us.

From the little talking trash can that Ty didn't want to leave (both of them) to the Ridemakerz people, to the swimming pool that Sierra and Tim could have stayed at forever to each of the parks that we got to enjoy this trip has brought us closer as a family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter