Something's Starting Right Now! A year of working for Disney-*UPDATED Dec 11/2015-page 8*****

Katt, I had no idea you had this going on. I will come back to catch up when I can.

Bahaha, no worries!!! I'm slow at updating it anyways!!

Im at Epcot about 3/4 times a month! I always lurk your TRs so I will look for you and come introduce myself! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures working for the mouse!

-Lindsey

Awe that's awesome!! Be sure to come say hi! I'm usually kickin around the parks when I'm not working!:cool1:

Glad to see you are getting settled - but still finding time to have fun!

I hope your new roommates are nice and easy get along with/live with. I kinda feel like Disney should tell you ahead of time if you are going to be in bunk beds just so you can prepare mentally

That must have been a bit surreal when you got your CM name tag ... even if they spelled Calgary incorrectly. Speaking of which, you should give out stickers or something to anyone who notices that ;)

Looking forward to hearing about your first "real" day of work!

Thank you!!

Yeah, I'm not enjoying the bunk beds at all, or the fact that they tell you they're twin beds when they're actually singles...they don't even fit in the frames properly... *le sigh* the roomies are good, we hardly ever see each other lol!

It's insane! Lol, not a lot of people notice it!! Surprisingly, and I haven't bothered to change it yet haha!

I am just so jealous reading about all your adventures! It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I will be there in 17 days and will send you a message!

Aweee! It's great!! And yes! hopefully we'll have more time to hang out this go around!!

Just stumbled onto your TR and totally subbing! A whole year in the park! My DD who is almost 9 has already decided she wants to do the DCP and be a dancer at the parks.

We will be there in February and would like to meet up with you in Canada if possible.

Awe! thank you!! Oh goodness that would be amazing! Lol, dream big!! lol

For sure!! Just send me a pm when it gets closer & I'd love to say hi!

Sounds like you're having a great time... Can't wait to hear about your first day of work... :thumbsup2

It's great!!

Congrats on your new job/adventure. I'm enjoying every minute!

Thank you so much!! So glad you're enjoying it!!

I can't even imagine how amazing it must feel to get that name tag even if they did spell Calgary wrong. I'd have a hard time switching it just because it's the first one. It's kinda special.

That picture of Ariel in FoF is seriously ADORABLE!!!

So very much looking forward to hearing more about the first work day!!! So Exciting!! :hyper:

Bahaha, yeah, despite the spelling it was still fantastic...and hilarious too! Lol.

I'm in love with it! She was clearly cheesin for me, and I love her for it, she's amazing!!

Yay!!

Yeah, how many people can say they are from "Calgery, Canadia"?

I'm also looking forward to reading about the first official work day. I didn't even realize at MNSSHP that evening that the next morning was your first official work day; I thought it was a regular work day. Thanks for hanging out. It was great meeting you!

Lol, very true!!
And thank you!! It was great to meet you! Sorry I had to ditch out so early!

Loved reading so far! Subbing in. :)

Thank you! Glad you're here!!

OMG WHAT!? How am I just finding your CRP report now!??!!! AHHHHH

But actually, I'm so pumped to catch up and read along with your adventures!! I follow you on instagram (suzisomewhere) and I'm starting my CRP on March 17th!! I'm especially excited to hear that you're 25 doing the program because I will be too! It seems like the average age is younger than us, but I could be wrong. Anyway I'm sure I'll have like a zillion questions and comments once I get caught up reading this tomorrow! :goodvibes

All caught up! :thumbsup2 I'm loving your adventures so far even though I'm having a hard time keeping track of all the guest stars hahah! It's so fun that you get together with so many insta/FB/dis friends while you're playing in the parks!!
I think it's hilarious that you haven't been to Hollywood Studios yet so far in this TR but you've been to MK like 46 times! (Can I even call it a TR when the T is a whole YEAR long??! :scratchin lol). I still love it but Hollywood Studios is my number 4 of the 4 parks ahah so I totally understand!

Hahaha I know everyone has commented on your nametag shenanigans by now but it's actually so funny to me that a company that's SO detail-oriented would mess up something so simple as the spelling of a major Canadian city! :lmao:
Also, omg I literally said "oh noooo" out loud when you found out it was a bunk bed room!! Is there ANYONE doing the programs who LIKES the bunk bed option??! (Answer: not that I know of! Although saving a bit of money is nice..) Glad to hear that you and your roomies all get along though!! And at least you got your #1 complex! (Patterson is my top choice too!) Did you not find anyone you wanted to live with before starting the program or did you want to let Disney decide your fate for you? I still can't decide which way I wanna go lol.
PS - props for keeping this as up to date as you have been! I can't even imagine how busy life must be down there.
I'm excited to hear all about working at Le Cellier!! Hopefully you're on your way to serving soon! :goodvibes

Whew all caught up now. So you have made it through your first Halloween, how did you like it? Now all the Christmas decorations up. Love them. Have you been to Candle Light yet? Bummer about the bunk room. I can't imagine what it's like three women one bathroom!Looks like it's a nice place though. Can't wait to read more.

Joining in on this one too! First off CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am SO happy for you!

This is very fascinating to me, I love learning about CM's journeys on how they got there. Thanks for sharing with all of us!

Wow, we're all on the edge of our figurative seats, waiting to hear how the first official day went! Oh, the suspense!

OMG WHAT!? How am I just finding your CRP report now!??!!! AHHHHH

But actually, I'm so pumped to catch up and read along with your adventures!! I follow you on instagram (suzisomewhere) and I'm starting my CRP on March 17th!! I'm especially excited to hear that you're 25 doing the program because I will be too! It seems like the average age is younger than us, but I could be wrong. Anyway I'm sure I'll have like a zillion questions and comments once I get caught up reading this tomorrow! :goodvibes

Bahaha, I guess I didn't announce it enough? Lol. Glad you're here & enjoying, and will be joining us in March!! Are you in food & bev?? Bahaha, it really isn't! A lot of the CPs are younger obviously, but most of the crp's are actually older! Feel free to ask away & I will help as much as I can!

All caught up! :thumbsup2 I'm loving your adventures so far even though I'm having a hard time keeping track of all the guest stars hahah! It's so fun that you get together with so many insta/FB/dis friends while you're playing in the parks!!
I think it's hilarious that you haven't been to Hollywood Studios yet so far in this TR but you've been to MK like 46 times! (Can I even call it a TR when the T is a whole YEAR long??! :scratchin lol). I still love it but Hollywood Studios is my number 4 of the 4 parks ahah so I totally understand!

Hahaha I know everyone has commented on your nametag shenanigans by now but it's actually so funny to me that a company that's SO detail-oriented would mess up something so simple as the spelling of a major Canadian city! :lmao:
Also, omg I literally said "oh noooo" out loud when you found out it was a bunk bed room!! Is there ANYONE doing the programs who LIKES the bunk bed option??! (Answer: not that I know of! Although saving a bit of money is nice..) Glad to hear that you and your roomies all get along though!! And at least you got your #1 complex! (Patterson is my top choice too!) Did you not find anyone you wanted to live with before starting the program or did you want to let Disney decide your fate for you? I still can't decide which way I wanna go lol.
PS - props for keeping this as up to date as you have been! I can't even imagine how busy life must be down there.
I'm excited to hear all about working at Le Cellier!! Hopefully you're on your way to serving soon! :goodvibes

Lol, yeah, there are a lot of people who will come to play! Most of them are regularly appearing at the least, but some come & go! Well NOW I've been to hollywood a few times lol but it's still the least visited park for us!

I just let Disney do the work for me, I mean, whether I chatted with someone before on facebook or just selected randomly the chance of getting a crazy was pretty much the same lol! I'm glad it worked out! Honestly though, I'd almost prefer Chatham! The walk to the bus stop can be tedious some days, and there are advantages to all of the housing areas, even vista!

Thanks for reading!

Whew all caught up now. So you have made it through your first Halloween, how did you like it? Now all the Christmas decorations up. Love them. Have you been to Candle Light yet? Bummer about the bunk room. I can't imagine what it's like three women one bathroom!Looks like it's a nice place though. Can't wait to read more.

Hahaha, halloween will ALWAYS be my favorite time o the disney year! Christmas is gorgeous though! We watched a bit of Jodi Benson's candlelight from afar and were bored...lol, I ahven't actually ever been to a candle light otherwise! UGH, it drives me insane, 3 people shouldn't be living in a 1 bedroom apt!

Joining in on this one too! First off CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am SO happy for you!

This is very fascinating to me, I love learning about CM's journeys on how they got there. Thanks for sharing with all of us!

Thank you so much!! Glad you're here!

Wow, we're all on the edge of our figurative seats, waiting to hear how the first official day went! Oh, the suspense!

It's finally here! Life has been busy!

wow, can't believe you have already been working for so long - feels like just yesterday I first saw the news. Glad to hear things are going pretty well ... seems like you got put on your "prove it" shift pretty quickly, though to be fair, that is me just reading about your days vs. you living them - it might not have felt that quick to you.

I can definitely see the "runner" roll being a bit more fun with interacting with the guest, etc. I am sure the toughest part will be when you run out of beer right when someone who is doing the "Drink around the world" and had started in Mexico shows up ;)

During the fall, pumpkin beer is definitely a necessity. We get way too much of it ... my wife also makes pumpkin bread using the pumpkin beer that is super tasty

Ahh this is so cool to read. I'm so glad to hear things started off pretty well. But also confused. I thought you were at Le Cellier? Or is the current gig just a starter spot? Don't get me wrong, if this is the permanent spot, I'm totally down with that because it means you'll be outside when I get there next month. I kinda want to see you in uniform (AND NAME TAG... Calgery yo) which probably wouldn't happen at Le Cellier.

Wow - that sounds like a lot of hard physical work! Hopefully the weather is decent for you.

My DD did the CP and yes, the bus system stinks. She was fortunate enough to have her car there, so ended up driving in to work every day.

Hope it's going will with the roomies!

Loved the update, very interesting to hear how those first few shifts went. Sounds like everything is going well (except the buses) so far.

Wow, love hearing all about the details of working the popcorn cart!! I had no idea there was so much to it, and the whole keg thing sounds awful! I hope I'll be able to do that without dropping a keg on myself haha. I'd say you did a pretty sweet job recalling a lot of what happened in your life several weeks ago! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to more stories/news/photos when you find time to share! I have nooo idea how you're managing to stay on top of multiple trip reports simultaneously, you're a champ!

Hi Katt! First of all Congrats!!! I have read your TRs in the past and I'm so excited for your new adventure! I'm all caught up on the updates and look for to more.

Unfortunately my next trip is not planned until November 2015, but reading Reports like yours always help!

Congrats!

wow, can't believe you have already been working for so long - feels like just yesterday I first saw the news. Glad to hear things are going pretty well ... seems like you got put on your "prove it" shift pretty quickly, though to be fair, that is me just reading about your days vs. you living them - it might not have felt that quick to you.

I can definitely see the "runner" roll being a bit more fun with interacting with the guest, etc. I am sure the toughest part will be when you run out of beer right when someone who is doing the "Drink around the world" and had started in Mexico shows up ;)

During the fall, pumpkin beer is definitely a necessity. We get way too much of it ... my wife also makes pumpkin bread using the pumpkin beer that is super tasty

Lol, right?! It seems like both so long & ago, and just yesterday! It's hard to believe that it's almost Christmas already!!

Lol, I was actually pretty concerned with the "prove its" being so soon after 1 day of training, but it wasn't like you actually had someone making sure you "proved" you could do it or you couldn't go on, you just did it like a normal day & could ask questions if needed lol!

Lol, it's a pain in the butt to change kegs, most of the time most people will either just switch or they'll wait for the keg to be changed depending how long it will take haha!

Pumpkin bread made of pumpkin beer! THAT sounds delicious!!

Ahh this is so cool to read. I'm so glad to hear things started off pretty well. But also confused. I thought you were at Le Cellier? Or is the current gig just a starter spot? Don't get me wrong, if this is the permanent spot, I'm totally down with that because it means you'll be outside when I get there next month. I kinda want to see you in uniform (AND NAME TAG... Calgery yo) which probably wouldn't happen at Le Cellier.

Hahah thank you!!

Lol, I work in food & bev so that consists of both inside & outside until I am fully into service! I work at the podium (seating, greeting & setting tables) inside & at the popcorn cart until I go into food running which will hopefully be around February? Then service training & hopefully service! You can always come into the podium at the restaurant too and ask if I'm there, most people just do that if I'm not at the cart!

Wow - that sounds like a lot of hard physical work! Hopefully the weather is decent for you.

My DD did the CP and yes, the bus system stinks. She was fortunate enough to have her car there, so ended up driving in to work every day.

Hope it's going will with the roomies!

Lol, yeah, it can be rough some days! The weather's been good, some chillier days, or at least, the nights, but it's all good.

Ugh, yeah, it's a pain in the butt lol

Loved the update, very interesting to hear how those first few shifts went. Sounds like everything is going well (except the buses) so far.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it! Everything was going okay lol!

Wow, love hearing all about the details of working the popcorn cart!! I had no idea there was so much to it, and the whole keg thing sounds awful! I hope I'll be able to do that without dropping a keg on myself haha. I'd say you did a pretty sweet job recalling a lot of what happened in your life several weeks ago! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to more stories/news/photos when you find time to share! I have nooo idea how you're managing to stay on top of multiple trip reports simultaneously, you're a champ!

Glad you're enjoying! There really is a lot that goes into it! Ugh, the kegs are annoying, but you are always allowed to grab someone to help you if you don't feel safe doing it yourself!

Lol, it's been tough but I'm doing the best to get it up here lol

Hi Katt! First of all Congrats!!! I have read your TRs in the past and I'm so excited for your new adventure! I'm all caught up on the updates and look for to more.

Unfortunately my next trip is not planned until November 2015, but reading Reports like yours always help!

Congrats!

Thank you so much!!! Yay!!

Awe, that's too bad! Well hopefully the time will pass quickly!

You can always come into the podium at the restaurant too and ask if I'm there, most people just do that if I'm not at the cart!

Oh you can believe that will happen, lol.

5:45am???? :faint: That's harsh for a non work day. Heck, that's harsh for a work day.

So fun to see all the, well, fun of being in Disney 24/7. And YAY SLUSHIES!!!

Ah so nice you got to see Amanda. And fiancé!! Very cool. Congrats to her.

One thing is becoming perfectly clear. Even though it's Disney, it's definitely still work.

YAY for O Canadia!!!

A year long working at Disney! How awesome! :dance3: Canada is a pavilion that I just haven't spent much time at, so maybe I'll have good reason to stop in on our March trip this year to see you! :)

Glad to follow along on your journey!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter