Something your parents always said

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
when you were growing up ?

Dad - "if you dont stop crying I will give you something to cry about" :eek:

Dad--"Be good." and "Dum, De Dum, dum, dum." (which has a tune but I do not know that tune is and he really meant,"Dumb, De Dumb, Dumb, Dumb." lol

Mom--"I'll give you something to cry about!"

From my mother "Wipe that look off our face before I slap it off".

My mom was the "queen" of sayings, but I'm so tired right now from packing up all the stuff at the lake and bringing it home with my Dson-in-law in 2 vehicles (and getting a flat tire halfway here) - then unloading the 2 vehicles and finding places to pile everything until I can unpack all of the totes, suitcases, boxes, etc. - only ONE comes to mind right now:

"Being physically tired requires more sleep than being mentally tired.." - so I'm going to run with that and go to bed right now!! LOL..

Sleep well everyone.. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Also thru out my school years, teachers would write home letters to my parents saying "Jason is more interested in making people laugh then learning", and My dad would always scream at me

"make me laugh funny boy" :laughing:, that was a tough audience

Also thru out my school years, teachers would write home letters to my parents saying "Jason is more interested in making people laugh then learning", and My dad would always scream at me

:rotfl:

My mon always said "beauty is as beauty does." Dad liked to remind us to "never turn down money." As if we would :laughing:

"We waited on you like one dog waits for another" said if someone joined us after we were already eating.....

"It's rainin' like a cow peein' on a flat rock." That one is pretty self explanatory.

"My belly's startin' to think someone slit my throat." means hungry

Dad: "Be good" when we went to a friend's house. "Put your hands in your pockets" when we went into a store. It prevented us from touching things.

Mom: "It's bedtime" and "Because I said so" and "We'll see" (which you know means no)

"Don't MAKE me stop this car" (I now use this in joking with my students and they look at me like I have two heads)

"No. DON'T tell Mom" said after overhearing one of us threatening to tell mom on another of us.

In reference to food that we found disgusting and alcohol when he was drunk...

" Eat all your __________ or Drink this _______________ it will grow hair on the bottom of your feet."

I absolutely can not stand any form of this saying!

:rotfl2::rotfl2: well, ya lived up to your rep. Just for the record, I used to get the same notes sent home.....but my name isn't Jason:rotfl: I used to get.."Ohh, the class clown, why don't you go join the circus" :rolleyes:

Dad--"Be good." and "Dum, De Dum, dum, dum." (which has a tune but I do not know that tune is and he really meant,"Dumb, De Dumb, Dumb, Dumb." lol

Mom--"I'll give you something to cry about!"

If it is the tune I'm thinking about it could be the one from the old FBI show with Efram Zimbalist Jr. in it.

My Dad used to say something in Polish to us..I could never pronounce it. Usually said it when my sisters and I were goofing around and it meant something like 'usually if you're having too much fun someone is going to end up hurt.' He said it was translated like "if you are laughing too much you'll end up crying" . I still call it the pushme hoopsy line because that is what the beginning of it sounded like to me as a kid.

My Mom: Because I said so.

My Pap used to say Well ain't that the berries.

Low-Key, as far as your note home... It must be a Jason trait. My son hasn't had a note sent home, but it's been said in conferences. And at home, the boy thinks he's Aziz Ansari. Literally. Quotes him. I fear he's going to grow up to be Lonely Island... without the irony.

"If you stand out in the rain, you are going to get wet". My dad told me this when I first got into business and screwed up. This saying only applies to those that work hard and take chances.

Dad - "Life isn't FAIR." Said after I would lament that something was unfair... also, "All you HAVE to do is die and pay taxes." Said after I would say something along the lines of "But I HAVE to......"

Mom - "Pull yourself up by your bootstraps." Applied to anything that I was upset about, still hate this saying. That woman does not believe in a grieving period.

Mine weren't an overly sympathetic set of parents, come to think of it :laughing:

My mom used to say "Don't dress like a brazen hussy!" (I'm still not exactly sure how a brazen hussy dresses....hmm)

"Do you want your face to freeze like that?"

From my grandmother. Children that ask,whine or cry will get no turn.

This was before WDW even was invented. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter