something TOTALLY gross we witnesed at the WL...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is completely and utterly disgusting! No blame on the kid - perhaps he became ill. But for a parent to see that and to try to walk away!!! I wish someone had flung the poo at her!

Wow that is gross and unbelievable. She and her husband were wrong to walk away from their duty of cleaning up after their child, however i'm glad that she decided to do the right thing, but only after getting yelled at.

It's fortunate that the hubby was either too far to hear that or gutless as if anyone yelled at my wife like that, there would be some serious repurcutions resulting from that. I'm not violent nor would i flip in front of my child or anyone elses children, but there would be an intense reaction. If the lady would have kept on walking, i would have contacted a CM that cleanup was needed on the pool deck. Anyway, i'm glad he got away with it and everything turned out for the better. :wizard:

My old roommate was a lifeguard and you'd be surprised how often AFR's happen (Disney-speak, Accidental Fecal Release - they can't say anything else over the radio) They do take it very seriously, shut down the pools to clean and decontaminate.

Good for your hubby for holding the family accountable. I'm sure they were embarrassed that it happened, but I'd be more embarassed to walk away and leave it for someone else to clean up!

To the OP, I would also like to thank your husband for speaking up. It's time that good people everywhere start taking a stand against poor behavior like the mother in that story displayed. Enough is enough and I'm in full agreement when it comes to confronting bad behavior/manners in a public setting like that where everyone who uses that pool is affected.

To just leave the fecal matter on the pool deck that came from your child and act like it's not your responsibility, is unacceptable. What kind of example is that parent setting for their child?

I can't fault the child of course, accidents happen. That parent should have sprung into action and at least alerted the life guard while the other parent took care of the child. I hope that parent felt really embarrassed by their lack of caring and responsibility and maybe will have learned some manners.

That is just unbelievable. I just don't get some people. :cheer2: to your husband!

Absolutely disgusting! Absolutely unbelievable that someone would be so ignorant as to try to leave it there. Cheers to your hubby for being the man!
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Makes you wonder how they live at home, doesn't it?? :scratchin

Kudos to you both for saying something to her. :cheer2: Doubt she learned her lesson though, that's the sad part.

HA HA HA HA HA.
Boy, that IS gross. :teeth:

I knew by the title of the thread it'd be a good one. How horrifying to witness.

A trip to remember! :thumbsup2

eewwwwwwwwwww.

To the OP, thanks to your Hubby. I have a DS with an extremely weak immune system and things like this are my greatest fear when we use a public pool. I appreciate the looking out for us all.

Hope you gave your DH a big kiss for his actions...

Gotta love the jersey guys...especially from LBI

we have house in BHW!!!!

beaches were great this year don't you think

and wth no POO at aLL!!!!!! :rotfl2: :cheer2: :rotfl2:

That's just so gross! How could someone just be so lazy? Good job for yelling at them.

Although not quite as disgusting as your situation, I saw several children in the same family simply stop walking or whatever they were doing, stand up and just pee through their bathing suits at the pool. This happened last year at the Contemporary pool. My DH and I were flabbergasted to say the least. The lifeguards would just scoop up large buckets of water and try to wash it down the drain. We figured if they'd pee outside the pool like that, we could be guaranteed they pee'd in the pool too!

bbbbllllaaaahhhhh! this is so nasty, what do people think that they are on vacation and can just pee and poo wherever, whenever? yuck, we were at Typhoon Lagoon(August 15), over at the pool near the crush -n- gusher and some-one pooped in the pool it was absolutely 100% disgusting, yuck and this was not kiddie poo! it was adult sized, the lifeguard put a chair over it and waited until the official "pooper scooper" came to clean it, well needless to say, they never cleared the pool, and we cleared out of there, yuck! even my 2 boys thought it was GROSS!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter