Something Strange at Port Orleans Riverside

Tom _Ryan

Author of the Port Canaveral Thriller - A Sword fo
Last night we dined at Port Orleans: Riverside. We've been eating there for years on each vacation, and weekly now that we're Orlando residents (I often say that their roast beef dinner platter was one of the reasons we moved here - and that, in part, is the truth). Anyway, last night they did something I never saw/heard before, and it caught my family by surprise. As we were eating, a pre-recorded message came over the loud-speaker, accompanied by a song and uncomfortable, choreographed clapping by the cast members - something you'd see on a cruise ship, or worse - at Chuck E Cheese. It was loud and distracting and didn't seem to fit the stature of the resort at all. I'm not sure if this is something new, or something they've always done that we just somehow missed over the years. Either way, I hope it's a gimmick that doesn't last. If anybody could shed some light, please do! Thanks!

We're they wishing someone a "happy birthday"? They did something similar to my table and another during my November trip.

No, it wasn't a Birthday song or anything of that sort. It was very strange, and very loud.

It happened while we were there also. It was a little song and spiel about Riverside.

No, it was in the general counter service area, not Boatwrights.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter