• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

something special for younger visitors

If he likes Star Wars they have Mr. Potato head stuff. The most that I have found are at the new DCA Ride Toy Story Midway Mania.. There is Darth Tater, Luke Skywalker, and some funny other ones. Dont know if they have tem at DL. Haven't looked..

We ride TSMM too often and DD3.5 lookes at the tato heads every time she gets off the ride..

And speaking of undivided attention...I think the Discover the Magic tour is wonderful for this age group and that you would enjoy it too, if you could sneak away with him.

What's the Star Trader? I'm bringing my 3-year-old to DL next week, and he *loves* Star Wars. Thanks!

Star Trader is the store at the exit of Star Tours. If you are walking toward Space Mountain, it's the last store on your right.

:mickeyjum If you are looking for something really special, check out the Discover the Magic tour. It is created esp. for young children and is SUPER special. :tinker: I don't know for sure if they run it over the holidays but you HAVE to check it out! The tour guide has a character bring her a book that they don't know who it belongs to so you open to the first page and then go find that character in the park. You get to interact with each of the characters who have a page in the book without waiting in line and get autographs. :goofy: We even got to ride the carousel with Mary Poppins - all to ourselves! Anyway, it is 2 hours, you get a huge snack in a keepsake box, special treasures, a chance to act like a cowboy and pirate as you go through the park and a special visit with Mickey at the end. My niece and her friend got attention all week long from cast mates when they saw the special pin on our lanyard we got from Mickey. They asked us about our "quest". This is a must if you possibly can.::MickeyMo

Hmm. I looked at the current description from the link given in the last post and it appears they have changed it up a bit. I have never been on a tour that I didn't absolutely love. If you call Disney and ask questions about it I know they will tell you all you need to know.

Hmm. I looked at the current description from the link given in the last post and it appears they have changed it up a bit. I have never been on a tour that I didn't absolutely love. If you call Disney and ask questions about it I know they will tell you all you need to know.

They changed the DTM tour when they installed Pirate's Lair on TSI. The whole premise of the tour changed and there is now much less character interaction, but a couple more rides included, from what I understand. We did the old tour, and were disappointed because we thought we would meet characters, but we only really got to meet Mickey at the end. The CM said the other characters that we were supposed to meet must have been busy.

They changed the DTM tour when they installed Pirate's Lair on TSI. The whole premise of the tour changed and there is now much less character interaction, but a couple more rides included, from what I understand. We did the old tour, and were disappointed because we thought we would meet characters, but we only really got to meet Mickey at the end. The CM said the other characters that we were supposed to meet must have been busy.

That would be so frustrating. Those tours are expensive!

I've been to Reindeer Roundup twice, and I loved it. I took pictures of each and every reindeer, and pictures of the

Happiest Turkey's on Earth!

(I miss Happiest Faces on Earth, I had pics in 3 places)

One thing that I love to do with the pee wees is Turtle Talk, Crush is so awesome, and everytime we have gone he chooses a member of our family to talk to .

Beast's Lair is so much fun also, in the Animation Building at DCA, he can record his voice as part of the show in the Grotto section, and he can do the magic mirror in the Lair.

You can ask at the train station if you can ride tender. I took my daughter when she was 6 and it was pretty cool. She also go to pilot the Mark Twain and loved that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter