• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something New or Different

Buffettfaninde

Earning My Ears
Been to DisneyWorld many many times, going this year for Christmas been there 4 years ago for Christmas and we did the the sleigh ride at wilderness lodge, rented a boat for illuminations and all did the candlelight thing. Any Ideas for a family with an 11yr old and a 3yr old that have been there numerous times?

If it does not have to be Christmas related AND you have the budget, the Pirates and Pals might be something to try. We did this last year and had a great time.

Are you going right at Christmas or during the holiday season? MVMCP would be an option if you're not going right at Christmas...otherwise, you get Holiday Wishes and the Holiday Parade at MK. I also love the nightly lighting show for the dream lights.

We stayed at WL a couple of years ago so we could have those decorations right outside our door, but the GF and AKL also have nice trees (plus you get the big gingerbread house at the GF). I can't remember which of the Epcot deluxe resorts has it, but one of them has a gingerbread carousel. The Contemporary also has a very large gingerbread tree.

You brought up Candlelight Processional, but Epcot also has the storytellers. And while it sounds like you've done the Illuminations cruise before, I still like it at the holidays so you can hear that special tag on the end of the show.

The big fave for me is Osborne Lights. I think I could live there! :lmao:

And while we haven't done it, I know a lot of people enjoy touring Ft Wilderness to see how the various people have decked out their campsites.

Some of the deluxe resorts MAY offer holiday activities and sometime characters if you're right on top of Christmas. I don't think they post it too far out- if at all though.

The holiday parade at AK is also kind of cute...nothing spectacular, but cute. And of course we just like seeing the decorations and holiday food offerings in each of the parks. YUM!

Thank you for the info we will be there Dec 23rd through the 30th LOVE the Osbourne lights always a highlight during Christmas. Hopefully they will offer some new stuff this season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter