Something Like Fish Extenders....

gbbeautifultomorrow

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anyone does something like a fish extender at WDW or DL resorts? It might be fun, especially for
those of us who don't usually cruise.

I doubt it would work. Do you really want stuff hanging out in the open, for anyone to just take?? Most people on a cruise know what the deal is and don't touch other people's stuff in the FEs. But, I don't think that would be the case at a resort.

I would agree with that, plus I think it falls into that (controversial) category of door decorating, which is not allowed at least at the resorts with interior corridors. But mostly, I think your items might be stolen.

I think most of the stuff in the fish extenders would disappear. And the fish extender might disappear as well.

And.....I have been part of FE groups many times. And I have to say that it really isn't 'all that and a bag of chips', so to speak. I usually end up carting all that stuff home, and then tossing it out. Yes, some people are very creative and the items they give out are terrific. BUT...the vast majority of guests just head to Oriental Trading and get a lot of cheap stuff, in bulk, and then put it all in baggies and hand it out. I usually only keep the personalized things..notepads, pencils, etc.
When you're staying at a resort, there isn't the same 'feeling'..you really aren't part of a group per se, unlike a cruise. You are all meeting up at various times onboard. This seldom happens in the parks...believe me, been there, done that (or not done that as the case may be).

And as already noted, Disney frowns upon outside decorating of doors and windows. They aren't even happy about people putting stuff up on the windows on the inside. I doubt they would be happy about FE type stuff..not to mention that there is no way to attach one to a resort door!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter