Something I've noticed from threads and my own experience

ChrissyBeth29

JustGoofinAround
Since 2011, I've noticed that the service at WDW sit down restaurants has been decent through most of the experience, but then once it's time to pay the bill....the server cannot be found. Is it just me? I have read some dining reviews and it seems to be the same other places....I wonder why? BTW...the worst wait for a bill was Mama Melrose...that man moved like a slug!

I can't say that this has been a problem for us as we've had the DDP for our last 3 10 day trips. Hope it's better for you next time.

I will say from my serving days that I was bad for this though! :oops: There was such a push to get the orders taken, drinks served and food to the table when it was ready that as tables turned over I forgot to go back and settle the bill with my customers more than once and had to be reminded. It eventually became a better part of my day but I will say at first it was something I struggled with!

Haven't really noticed this at WDW. I've had off service on vacation just like I have when I'm at home, but nothing really stands out in my mind.

Good luck next time

Since 2011, I've noticed that the service at WDW sit down restaurants has been decent through most of the experience, but then once it's time to pay the bill....the server cannot be found. Is it just me? I have read some dining reviews and it seems to be the same other places....I wonder why? BTW...the worst wait for a bill was Mama Melrose...that man moved like a slug!

We have never had that problem anywhere that we have dined, luck of the draw, I guess - always some inattentive servers around.

On a few older threads, I've read that some diners ask for the check when they order so they won't have to wait when they are finished. This might have been just the buffet locations tho. Never tried it myself.

Never had this problem during any of our visits so it just must be the luck of the draw. The only suggestions I've seen is to ask for the check at any of the buffets as soon as you sit down.

I have found service rushed (with a few exceptions), including receiving checks. I feel like turning over tables was a priority...which is fine for our style, we like a dining break but it doesn't have to be too leisurely.

I cheat.

Since we use the Tables in Wonderland discount card (available to Annual Passholders), I hand it to the Server/Waiter before the check is even handed to me. Saves everyone time.

And even if I'm not so quick on the draw, I have never experienced a prolonged wait for a check.

But at any restaurant, waiting for something is always possible. A wait should come with an apology of sorts that acknowledges your wait. The critical point is at the beginning of the meal to get you menus and situated with beverages. Those first two contacts establish your attitude with your Server for most of the meal.

Of course, waits should not happen repeatedly during the same meal, otherwise, you are experiencing poor service.

We waited forever for our check at BOG this time around. It was a good 20 minutes after our dessert before we saw her again. Long time to wait with antsy kids! It sucked especially since we were on the dining plan so, all I had to do was sign.

Artist point, family left I waited and waited. Should have been quick it was empty, second slowest was BOG. Will never go back to either, I am willing to wait but never again that long.

On a few older threads, I've read that some diners ask for the check when they order so they won't have to wait when they are finished. This might have been just the buffet locations tho. Never tried it myself.
I will try this in July, I like the idea.

Some great ideas. I will try to remember them on my next trip. It was strange. Everything throughout the whole experience was quick, almost rushed. Then when it was time for the bill....no one was around. Glad it wasn't for everyone though!!! :)

Our family has been to Mama Melrose twice with the same waitress. Turtle slow! We won't go back because this seems to be the trend!

We've had some pretty awful service at Disney. Of course, we've also had some really great service too. But, in response to the OP, we have waited for a check for 30 minutes more than once at Disney. Also, we seem to have a really hard time getting drink refills and often wait a long time just to have our order taken. I try to be patient because I realize the restaurants get really busy sometimes, but when you are super thirsty or are wrangling your kids, patience can wear thin.

Since 2011, I've noticed that the service at WDW sit down restaurants has been decent through most of the experience, but then once it's time to pay the bill....the server cannot be found. Is it just me?

This is true for me at most restaurants - whether at Disney or not. The bill never seems to be brought to me as quickly as I would like it. In the end, I think that says more about my impatience than the server's slowness.

Since we use the Tables in Wonderland discount card (available to Annual Passholders), I hand it to the Server/Waiter before the check is even handed to me. Saves everyone time.

Due to my impatience, I do the same thing. It makes everything go so much quicker.

We had the worst luck with this at Le Chef's last year. Our server went poof! We were quite annoyed.

We've gone with large parties our last four trips (more than 10 people each trip, 2 of the trips there were 15 or more) and with a lot of kids under 4. We've found that the servers always get our check quickly. Maybe to get such a large party with hyper kids out of there....haha.

I've never had that problem. I've always been hounded that a tip isn't including in the DDP. Ok dude we get it! At CP for dinner on our trip in 2011 he must've told us about 5 times. Twice when we sat down and told him we had the DDP and then a few times after.

We used to get this often, on both of our DDP trips. I used to tell my XH that they assume we are bad tippers since we were so young. Who knows.

Next trip we will not have the DDP.

It depends on the experience but for 1cr TS we ask for the bill when we order dessert. When they tag my magic band I hand them the tip. Usually we get to leave on our own terms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter