Something is happening near the pool!!!

There WILL be a slide and a hot tub... the footings for the slide are in, and they are pretty unmistakably slide footings. The hot tub is being formed up, and it is clearly a hot tub. Fear not! The only question I have is whether the splash zone will be done at this time.

Just got my Mousesavers newsletter ... they have the pool being done on March 20th:sad1: This is later than a previous date I had seen ... so do we assume that the reno's are a bit behind schedule?

Just got my Mousesavers newsletter ... they have the pool being done on March 20th:sad1: This is later than a previous date I had seen ... so do we assume that the reno's are a bit behind schedule?

Nooooooooooo!
We are there the 15th-21st.
:eek:
:sad1:

Its not true....it can't be....they're just messin with our minds....they know that we are going to be there on the 13th of March and they are just trying to scare us....:scared1:

I predict that they are actually going to be done early and the temp will be 80+ during our 16 glorious days at the Fort!!!:cloud9: :beach:

And I'm really going out on a limb here but I predict that the pipes in the pool are there because they are going to pour a new base and make the entire deep end a splash pad. Then take the now shallow end and dig it up to make a larger pool to surround the slide :banana: :yay:

Ok....maybe I went a little too far there....:scared: :crazy2:

There WILL be a slide and a hot tub... the footings for the slide are in, and they are pretty unmistakably slide footings. The hot tub is being formed up, and it is clearly a hot tub.

Passing along a note from DH on this one...
:banana: :banana:

I think TCD was there this weekend. I hope he was. We passed through there on the way to MK, but were running so late I didn't ask the family to stop and let me snoop. This is as close as I got, while riding the Yellow bus.

DisneyDayTripwithKalebFeb022.jpg

Whew!

I am just back from the Fort.

Don't worry, there will be a full TCD trip report.

But, I have to post these photos first!

I am surprised that there hasn't already been a photo posted of the first item.

It was at the pool when we arrived on Thursday 2/12.

Workers were going full blast on Thursday and Friday. Then, no work at all on Saturday and Sunday.

Then on Monday 2/16, they were back at it again.

And, I think I got the photos to show the scoop of all scoops.

First, the photos taken before Monday:

Look at this!

What does this look like!!!???

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009003.jpg

Yes! It is a new stand for the water tower!

This one is constructed of metal.

As you can see, it sits in the area of where the old lifeguard stand was.

Some more photos of the area:

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009001.jpg

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009002.jpg

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009005.jpg

In these photos, look at the edge of the pool right in front of the water tower. So you see the semi-circle cut into the pool wall? What do you thing that is for?

Well, I have the answer for you.

It's for the water slide, of course?

And guess what showed up bright and early on Monday morning 2/16?

LOOK !!!!:

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009006.jpg

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009007.jpg

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009008.jpg

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009010.jpg

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009011.jpg

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009012.jpg

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009013.jpg

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009014.jpg

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009015.jpg

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009016.jpg

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009017.jpg

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009018.jpg

And, while they had the gate open, I got these shots of the water tower area:

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009019.jpg

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009020.jpg

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009021.jpg

I have a lot more photos from my trip, so be sure to look for my trip report.

For example, how do you think I took this shot:

ValentinesDayPresidentsDay2009004.jpg

Let's just say that since there were no workers around on Saturday or Sunday, TCD had the opportunity to get up close to the pool work, and I might have some behind the scenes information on the pool and the work in the 600 and 1400 loops.

TCD has done it again!!

TCD

Proof positive that we are getting an awesome slide, and a water tower feature that will undoubtedly have a water component. I wonder if the water tower will have a flume coming out of it to supply the water for the slide? Something like the AKL water tower drawing posted in another thread, but integrated into the slide complex. Well, in a few short weeks we will know for sure.

Upon edit...that tower support structure with steel beams coming out the side certainly resemble the Hilton Head pool which has been discussed here several times...Hilton Head Pool

Great photos and how exciting! I can't wait to see it myself when we go in April. Thanks so much for the update.

:cool1: Whooo.....hoooooo! lookin' Good!:banana:

Thanks so much for the photos..can't wait to read the trip report!:cool2:

is that a hot tub-concrete-area-looking-thing I see? :rotfl2:

edit: in the last picture is where I see the "concrete thing"

woo hoo thanks for the pics :yay: :yay: :yay:

is that a hot tub-concrete-area-looking-thing I see? :rotfl2:

edit: in the last picture is where I see the "concrete thing"

woo hoo thanks for the pics :yay: :yay: :yay:

No. That is the old kiddie pool. But, there is definitely a hot-tub looking area, though. I will post the photos of that in my trip report. It is located off to the side opposite where the new tower has been erected.

TCD

If you look at the pictures of the Hilton Head pool, look at the tower there, and look at the tower there and the pieces of the slide they are bringing in
to me it looks like it is going to be the same.

Great job
Thanks for the update. I have been following this thread very closely. March 13th at the fort can't wait

TCD you have made my day....Great shots...hope there are more of the pool area in your trip report.....Great Job!!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter