Something is happening near the pool!!!

The slide does have some spray features, they changed it during the morning to just 1 spray over the slide into the pool. The others can spray into slide. They were trying to fix the traffic signal on the slide, not sure if they got it fixed. The lifeguard stands also have shutoff buttons which they hit a few times today when their were issues or a guard jumped into assist a swimmer. Overall I believe they did a great job, lots of fun for this 36 year old who remembers River Country.

Woo Hoo!!! :woohoo:
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread it's been a blast reading it. :disrocks:
The excitement :yay:
The anticipation :bitelip:
The joy :banana:

But, what are we gonna do now? :confused3
We need something else. Quick, somebody think of something. The withdrawals are starting. :scared: I don't know if I can make it until our trip in August.

Well, there is still the splash zone construction :-)

Also, what will be done to 900, 1000, 1100.

There is also the question of the infamous "trailer display area"

So many questions!!!!

what is the "trailer display area"......is that the spot around one of the little lakes/pond that they seem to be making new sites at?

Is that the thing they were calling the "Visual Display Complex"? That was kind of intriguing. Maybe we could start a new thread....Something's Happening at the Visual Display Complex!...:rotfl2:

Hello all!

Two quick things, and I probably will not be back on the boards until Monday:

1. MBMacs sent me two great short video clips of what looks like the actual "grand opening" of the slide, complete with a stampede of kids going up the stairs. It appears that the video was taken on a Sprint phone. I tried to upload it to Photobucket, but have had no luck. If anybody knows how to get the videos on here, or at least on utube, send a private message to MBMacs, and maybe everyone can see them!

2. I think that I possibly may have stumbled upon some information about the visual display complex on my most recent visit to the Fort. I will post the details and some photos in my interminable Spring Break 2009 trip report, when I get to that part of my trip. Probably later next week.

I also wanted to thank all who contributed to this thread. It has been fun reading along (and contributing), but Carol is right, the splash zone ain't done yet, so this thread is not finished.

Happy Easter, everyone!

TCD

For those late to the party, the questions regarding the "visual display complex" harken back to a work permit Disney filed for the "installing merchandising trailers at visual display complex" from January 26 (originally posted here) and on Feb 2 for demolition and abatement for a visual display complex (originally posted here). This post adds the detail that there would be 18 modular trailers, and that the permits were filed at the same time as the expansion of 600 was filed -- suggesting that the projects were related.

There are lots of other posts with speculation as to what these disparate bits add up to, but those are the factual elements from which we might springboard.

:santa:

Yep, that's what I was talking about!! It was a little late for me to be looking up that kind of stuff :-) Thanks Shan!

I went to the Fort last night to pick up my golf cart and decided to do a little looping while there. Went by the pool and saw a few kids in the hot tub but only one kid in the pool. It looked really good without that wall around it. We went thru almost every loop and I only saw one site empty and that was in 1600 loop. Has anyone ever walked in the barn area and looked at the horses? I didn't see any signs saying not to go in that area. A couple cm's walked right by us and said nothing.

I went to the Fort last night to pick up my golf cart and decided to do a little looping while there. Went by the pool and saw a few kids in the hot tub but only one kid in the pool. It looked really good without that wall around it. We went thru almost every loop and I only saw one site empty and that was in 1600 loop. Has anyone ever walked in the barn area and looked at the horses? I didn't see any signs saying not to go in that area. A couple cm's walked right by us and said nothing.

which barn stack? front barn or back barn? back barn you can go as far as the chain/wall inside(im sure you know this, i think..been a long day already).
the front barn i always thought it was off limits except to cast members, so i never tried

Man do I miss the old pool...:santa:

maybe this will help...;)

510246835_Qqwbi-L.jpg

You can go in the back barn as far as the chain. They usually bring horses down to that point to groom them. My kids stood and watched them for a while the other afternoon.

Does anyone have a picture or copy of the new menu at the Meadows snack bar QS, including prices yet?

Man it looks so cool! I can imagine the line for the pool will be long most of the time. LOL

However... something I'm just now noticing. Am I the only one a bit concerned about how SHARP cornered the raised level is around the pool? That looks like an accident waiting to happen (water= slippery + sharp corners on raised edge around pool = not good especially for kids who don't always "walk carefully".)
Like I said -something I just noticed......
(as well as they allow you to stand on the raised edge right by the slide? :confused3 But mostly I'm concerned about that raised edge and how shape cornered/edged it looks. :scared1:

The hot tub must not be very warm if they are allowing young kids in it?

Oh and thanks to all those that have posted updates and photos! It looks awesome to me- well especially the slide and hopefully we won't have to worry about getting chairs. We don't really spend much time in chairs anyway but my gosh that's a lot of chairs- so maybe we will. LOL

Can anyone confirm there are no age or height restrictions on the slide? My eldest (15) might be upset if she can't slide after I've told her all about how great the pool is now with the slide and all. She's always bummed (for years now) that she can't go on the mickey slide on the Disney cruise. Who am I kidding- I'd like to slide also! LMK

Does anyone have a picture or copy of the new menu at the Meadows snack bar QS, including prices yet?

I don't recall exactly what all they had but I saw a lg hot dog with pork BBQ and slaw on it for around $8 and the standard small frozen mediocre pizza for around $7+, I think they also had a pork BBQ sandwich for around $8, plus some childrens meal offerings.
and beer for the obscene price of $5.25.... for only one aluminum bottle...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter