Something is happening near the pool!!!

So, the signs saying the Meadow Snack Bar was opening on April 9 are correct!

If you are there, you need to be the first one down the slide!

And . . .

We need photos of the finished product!

TCD

TCD I was expecting you to be the first down the slide lol with pictures :lmao:

TCD I was expecting you to be the first down the slide lol with pictures :lmao:

Maybe I was the first one down the slide, but it was too dark to get a good photo ;)

Thanks to those of you there now for posting updated photos!

This one from JHawk (great job, BTW :thumbsup2) shows what looks like the old pool rules sign has been posted:

508470300_KcC4r-M.jpg

I am interested in knowing whether it still says that the pool is open 24 hours.

When I legally pool hopped to the WL pool last week, I snapped these photos of their rule signs:

33109033-1.jpg

33109030.jpg

As you can see, the WL pool and spa are closed at night.

What are the rules at the Fort? (not that the rules are of any particular relevance to many of us here on the Disboards ;) )
TCD

Those pics look great, I was there last week and was really disappointed we didn't get a chance to slide in. Oh well, for those of you that will, slide down once for me :goodvibes

One of the days I was there we were on the boat to MK and noticed a small crane at the old river country, I was wondering if they were possibly moving something over for the splash zone. Was there a splash zone at river country? I was pretty young when I was there and don't remember much beyond almost drowning in the waves.

the higher ups just told me that the pool should open tomorrow morning. that is if everything goes alright today..

I received the following photos via private spy transmission from Agent MBMacs this morning.

These are photos of the pool from this morning, 4/9/09.

Looks like the fence is still up :(

But, I think I see something new!

It looks like there is water coming out of the tower, and shooting onto the slide! :) (well, in one of the photos it looks like it might need a little adjusting).

pjm085.jpg

pjm086.jpg

pjm087.jpg

pjm088.jpg

pjm089.jpg

Congratulations, MBMacs, you have earned your TCD Junior Deputy badge, with all rights and privileges appertaining thereto! :thumbsup2

TCD

I am so excited. I just recently started really watching these boards. Our trip is in 105 days. I can't get enough info on this pool. My kids will love it.

The old pool was very nice and refreshing, but this will be great. :banana::woohoo::yay:

This has been really great to sit back and watch all this happen- it's been a long time coming.

Now....I'm waiting for the first thread titled:

Who Misses the Old FW pool?
---remember when it was quiet at the pool. No slide, no splash zone- just water.

I'm sure it will happen.

What are the rules at the Fort? (not that the rules are of any particular relevance to many of us here on the Disboards ;) )
TCD

I got a feeling that the reason the FW pool can be open 24/7 is because it is seperated so far from any sleeping areas/camp sites. Most if not all the other resort pools are well within shouting distance from any silliness that goes on in pools in the middle of the night...not that I would know anything about the silliness that went on at 3AM last Easter at The Meadow...:confused3

I got a feeling that the reason the FW pool can be open 24/7 is because it is seperated so far from any sleeping areas/camp sites. Most if not all the other resort pools are well within shouting distance from any silliness that goes on in pools in the middle of the night...not that I would know anything about the silliness that went on at 3AM last Easter at The Meadow...:confused3
Were you dressed up as a bunny again GoCamels?? :rotfl2:

OK, I am at the pool now. pool opens at 10 AM Friday. Old furniture is out, fence is gone, temp barricade is up. Fence around splash zone is up. They were changing bulbs & cleaning bathrooms. Snack shack was open bit had no takers while here. Next update will be either toorrow or later tonight if we hop the barricade. I sent TCD some pocs of the life guards in the pool and on the slide. As the suits said, they were taking care of final touches.

OK, I am at the pool now. pool opens at 10 AM Friday. Old furniture is out, fence is gone, temp barricade is up. Fence around splash zone is up. They were changing bulbs & cleaning bathrooms. Snack shack was open bit had no takers while here. Next update will be either toorrow or later tonight if we hop the barricade. I sent TCD some pocs of the life guards in the pool and on the slide. As the suits said, they were taking care of final touches.

I hope you can be there in time to get someone in line to be the first official user of the slide!!!! It really needs to be someone from the Dis!

Well, here they are!

Agent MBMacs' latest spy photos!

Another nice job!

This is exciting to see !!!

pjm090.jpg

pjm091.jpg

pjm092.jpg

pjm093.jpg

pjm094.jpg

pjm095.jpg

pjm096.jpg

pjm097.jpg

pjm098.jpg

pjm099.jpg

WAY TO GO MBMACS!!!!!!!

I can't tell you how tempted I am to hop in the car and head to the Fort!

TCD

Woo hoo!!
:cheer2:People in the pool :cheer2:

Thanks again to all who've given us such accurate and up-to-the-minute info and photos all along the way. I'll say it again...

:disrocks:

So is this 'unauthorized' activity?? I see no lifeguards, the fabric is not up on the fence at the splash zone, where is everyone else??? Is that MBMac and company making sure they are the first ones in??

It's been so fun to watch the developement of our new pool and surrounding area! Thanks to all who posted the great pics! The hot tub! the big slide! the new landscaping! the new kiddy splash zone under construction! We have been prefering Dec. as the best time to come to WDW, but now we are planning a July 4th trip. The new improved pool area makes the summer time a little more attractive. We are very excited. Thanks to Disney for finally doing this, we love you , man! Now if we could just get the peacocks back...:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter