Something for Bob in the parks...?

sconnell

DIS Veteran
I remember a purple rose at the Goofy statue for one of our departed DISers, anyone else? I'm sorry I can't remember her name right now. I'm so frazzled...

What can we do as a continual tribute for Bob? Take a pic at the Dole Whip place then post it to a thread? Is there something else?

I may not be clear...

I understand what you're saying and I think I like this idea!

He was a big fan of the flower and garden festival at EPCOT. I loved hearing him talk about the roses and seeing his phots as we were still finishing out winter. Perhaps something there.

YES!! great idea sconnell... now let's please think of a place, some spot in the park, where we as DISers can connect with each other and with Bob.

It would be cool to pick an exact spot that we can all touch on every visit just so we know that we all were there, you know? great idea. Just so you know, on *another* disney discussion board (don't worry, disboards is the best) they chose Cinderella's slipper on the mural in the castle as the spot that they all touch.

In regards to Bob, the Dole Whip idea is great sconnell. We can find a spot on the stand that we can all touch, and/or pose next to. Or maybe look through the pictures of Bob that people already have and see what he touched. You know?

WaDiWo

Can we maybe leave a lime green mickey head somewhere? Just brainstorm'en...

Does anyone know where his family brick is?

ETA: Not that I condone leaving paper on the ground in Disney. But if you could leave a Lime Green Mickey Head there maybe that would be a way to pay tribute when you come down? I just don't want to create more work for the CMs.

Can we maybe leave a lime green mickey head somewhere? Just brainstorm'en...

I think this would be considered more like littering....unless it was used as a prop in a pic and then promptly removed once pic is taken.

I was looking at his profile (someone posted a link) and it was asking him questions... One of his answers led you to a bench on the path from the hub to adventureland. It was his secret parade bench. What about here? We could get a Dole Whip and eat it here for the 3pm parade? Or just get a pic...

I was looking at his profile (someone posted a link) and it was asking him questions... One of his answers led you to a bench on the path from the hub to adventureland. It was his secret parade bench. What about here? We could get a Dole Whip and eat it here for the 3pm parade? Or just get a pic...

I like this a lot! Maybe make a sign with the Mickey on it and hold it up for a quick picture and a relaxing Dole Whip in his honor.

I love the idea of getting a dole whip and sitting on Bawb's secret parade bench. Getting a pic there and posting it on a thread I also think would be a great idea.

I'm not sure who all is going to be at the parks around the time of the Podcast memorial. I get in a few days afterwards (darn stats final exam). I'll be at MK on the 8th and plan on getting a dole whip in Bawb's honor if anybody would like to join me.

Let's get lots of people on this... I really want to get everyone on a concentrated thing... We'll remember him in a bunch of ways, but one tribute thing in the park would make more impact.

Ours won't be posted until November I am afraid, but I would be happy to play any part I can!

Just signing up, so I can get the details of what people come up with. Sorry I am not very helpful with any ideas but would love to see what the group comes up with..

I really love the idea of a thread to post 'Dolewhip on the secret parade bench' pictures. :goodvibes

I love this thread and the ideas. I'm subbing so I can be a part of it too! (if I can figure out how...newbie here :scratchin )

I've been trying to think all day about something I can do in August to remember Bawb and I would love to be a part of this.
( I was so excited this trip to try and find "Kaht Kam" and Bawb in the parks. :sad1: )
Thanks for coming up with the idea!

I think taking pics and stopping in certain spots for an extended period of time is too precise. I like the idea of just touching a specific item or place. Preferably something that is very common like the Dole Whip stand, rather than some out of the ordinary item. Its much easier to just pass by something and touch it non-chalantly ( did i spell that right? lol ) rather than drag your family to some corner of the park as they watch you touch a bench and then walk away. They'll think your nuts, and its not the easiest thing to explain to someone your with how you can have a connection to a podcast person you never met.

My vote is that we touch anywhere on the Dole Whip stand.

I like the bench idea....it seems as though it was one of Bob's secret quiet spots. For all we know it could have been his quiet little nap area! ;)

I think the Dole whip stand is a great idea too but I think that it is always busy round that area so people may not want to stop and take a minute to remember Bob in such a public area. I never had the pleasure of meeting him but have shed many a tear these last few days, so somewhere a bit more out of the way would be better IMO.

Maybe the OP could set a poll up when we get a few more ideas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter