Something About Nothing..........# 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're back. If anyone would like to check out the photos,

HERE'S THE LINK to our vacation album

The first half of the trip, we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge (WDW), and on Sunday, we switched to Loews Portofino Bay.

I know you're wondering.... so.... NO, I did not ride the Mummy. :rolleyes1 I waited in line, got all the way to loading, then when he said "how many in your party? I bolted for the exit. Maybe next time. :rotfl2:
Awesome pics Stacey - looks like you guys had a wonderful time!

Hi homies :wave: Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I had to work today but I'm off tomorrow :woohoo:

MJ, you deserve a :grouphug: for all you've been through lately with your house, hope everything gets better soon.

I still haven't purchased my AP and the clock's ticking ( I have till June 30th) I really need a new dryer....but I really really need that AP. :rolleyes1

The good news is that I finally started the 17 day diet and have actually lost 12 lbs so far :yay:

back from jr's college orientation and off to kennywood tomorrow for DH's company picnic:cool1:haven't cooked since wednesday and i'm liking it!

mj this had to be really hard on the family, sorry

Dems fighting words! hoecakes? Is that fried grits? Thats what dad makes and I cannot stand them. Butter and Bacon are the only two things that touch my grits. Cheesegrits are good with dinner

sounds to be the same, they eat them with maple syrup. whatever, i have a friend who eats french dressing on cottage cheese heavily doused with black pepper, different strokes:laughing:

... they changed our trash day to Tuesday as of June 1 ... we also now have 2 different garbage cans to wheel to the curb (one for "waste" and one for "organics") plus our blue recycling bags, and now we can only put out certain cans on certain Tuesdays ... trash day is getting to be way too difficult if you ask me :sad2:

no green going on in our neck of the woods. we don't have to recycle (but save aluminum cans on our own) and still can put out major appliances/furniture @ will, no limit as to # of cans/bags.

I still haven't purchased my AP and the clock's ticking ( I have till June 30th) I really need a new dryer....but I really really need that AP. :rolleyes1

The good news is that I finally started the 17 day diet and have actually lost 12 lbs so far :yay:

congrats! great start:) the APs are going up in price tomorrow, caught me off guard was expecting end of July. Had to scramble & ordered mine today.

camsmomE - will check out the pics after dr who, are u going to do a TR?

Well done Vicki, that`s a big boost :thumbsup2

back from jr's college orientation and off to kennywood tomorrow for DH's company picnic:cool1:haven't cooked since wednesday and i'm liking it!

I love having days on end when you do no cooking, it`s almost a treat, even though I enjoy cooking.

It`s so hard to come back after 2 weeks in Florida...eating out for every meal....never becomes a chore. But then you get home.......:sad2:

Have a good Sunday :goodvibes

camsmomE - will check out the pics after dr who, are u going to do a TR?

I wanted to, but we just got back Thursday night, and I'm leaving in a few hours for Tampa (4-day business trip). I'm trying to spend some time with Cami (we're watching Phineas and Ferb); I don't think she realizes I'm about to leave. :sad1:

On the other hand,

4 days of only eat, sleep, use brain power, repeat... SOUNDS WONDERFUL! :cheer2:

I'm jealous, my trip is over.....:sad2: but we had a wonderful time.

i hate that feeling too.
have a wonderful time in orlando than have to come back home.

mentally plan another trip tink and then when youse talk about it, we can be jealous too......;)

Busy Busy Busy Mommy here but wanted to stop by and say Hi to everyone :)

Cant wait for our summer break to start .. we have to go all the way to June 28th :scared1:... I can see the light coming though !!

:banana:

Off to get the day moving right along ...

Have a great day HOMIES !!

i know one year chicago's schools went thru July 15th once.
they had to make up time when the teachers were along the white line outside the skool......

hope next skool year you will not have to do the make up days and extend into 'your' time in the summer.

i received my letter of intent signed this week.
guess that means i'll be back in the classroom again before summer is out.
my time to renew my teaching certificate is up.
have to get that done before the end of this month........

there is always something i have to do ........like have it done yesterday...

We're back. If anyone would like to check out the photos,

HERE'S THE LINK to our vacation album

The first half of the trip, we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge (WDW), and on Sunday, we switched to Loews Portofino Bay.

I know you're wondering.... so.... NO, I did not ride the Mummy. :rolleyes1 I waited in line, got all the way to loading, then when he said "how many in your party? I bolted for the exit. Maybe next time. :rotfl2:

3.gif

i will be reading your trippie and picture looking in a little bit.
i love reading pictures!!

and i hope you put in your trippie something about having fun at the darkside..

yay!

Ugh, I'm so glad to have this weekend off. Our new person is leaving us soon, so it may be my last for a while. Which sucks since I had plans for my birthday next weekend.

tell us the date and i'll paste you a cake.........
12.gif

Hi homies :wave: Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I had to work today but I'm off tomorrow :woohoo:

MJ, you deserve a :grouphug: for all you've been through lately with your house, hope everything gets better soon.

i am impressed!
but, i think i found that 12 lbs you have lost.....:mad:

i was looking at the prices of tickets at the motherland.
since i have misplaced a 7 day non exp hopper, the past room keys with 2 basic days on them, and a 5 day hopper, i decided to bite the bullet and rebuy more passes.

$847.........now watch me 'find' those passes i bought in the past.

it is so much easier renewing the ap for the darkside.
i hope they don't take the hint and up their prices now that disney has...

Awesome pics Stacey - looks like you guys had a wonderful time!

hi bonny, has the snow melted yet?

we had two great 90 degree days last week then the tide turned on us.
have had the furnace running 24 hours a day since then.

how did it feel to be in orlando and not have to use the heat dial...
i am betting you hit the ac button once in your room..

no green going on in our neck of the woods. we don't have to recycle (but save aluminum cans on our own) and still can put out major appliances/furniture @ will, no limit as to # of cans/bags.

dont you love not cooking......

just a public announcement reminder, when you use the oven, be sure to turn it off when the pizza is done...

pizza is a main staple at your house, right?

i have never been to kennywood.
i think i want to try it but without Mr Mac.
he is not country, more of Long Island, where he was born...

has your son and youse decided on where he will call home come late august?

i started recycling back in the late 80's.
it's a big deal in the midwest.
but, only one other homie on our block recycles like us.

Well done Vicki, that`s a big boost :thumbsup2

I love having days on end when you do no cooking, it`s almost a treat, even though I enjoy cooking.

It`s so hard to come back after 2 weeks in Florida...eating out for every meal....never becomes a chore. But then you get home.......:sad2:

Have a good Sunday :goodvibes

especially hard when you have not had to cook or think about it in a 2 week time period......

I wanted to, but we just got back Thursday night, and I'm leaving in a few hours for Tampa (4-day business trip). I'm trying to spend some time with Cami (we're watching Phineas and Ferb); I don't think she realizes I'm about to leave. :sad1:

On the other hand,

4 days of only eat, sleep, use brain power, repeat... SOUNDS WONDERFUL! :cheer2:

you bet it sounds wonderful!!!!

i am so glad you came back to let us know about your trip.
i will be looking at it later today.

i have to go tend to my parental units in about 30 minutes.

i was out of the house yesterday, went to the Cardinal game at Miller Field in milwaukee, and the parental units had an oops moment.

i didn't know they needed me until 10:30 last night when i returned.

yea, i called them 3 times before they answered the phone.
who goes to bed that early on a saturday i ask you.

parental units do........

i told them after they quit yelling at me about waking them up in the 'middle of the night' that it was only 9:30 or so.
yup, i lied. :rolleyes1

I know, I just feel old.

I'm the youngest of 6 kids and I turn 21 in the fall. My brothers and sisters are having issues with this. I am 4'8'' and have always looked extremely young so when I bring it up I always get the "what are you talking about willis" look. It's kind of funny, but it makes them feel super old.

And I ramble:)

I figure I will get a quicker answer over here and just thought about asking y'all.
For our december trip (Dec 13-17) we would like to go to MVMCP on the day of arrival. We are allowed in MK starting at 4 so we would like to leave the hotel around 3 to get there and BE THERE so we can get in and be there as long as possible.

The question is how does early check in work at the hotels or is it even allowed? We would like to check in around 1 or 2 just so we can get out luggage up and start to unpack before we leave for MK. We will not return to the hotel til around 1AM and would really not appreciate having to wait to check in at this time. :upsidedow

I figure I will get a quicker answer over here and just thought about asking y'all.
For our december trip (Dec 13-17) we would like to go to MVMCP on the day of arrival. We are allowed in MK starting at 4 so we would like to leave the hotel around 3 to get there and BE THERE so we can get in and be there as long as possible.

The question is how does early check in work at the hotels or is it even allowed? We would like to check in around 1 or 2 just so we can get out luggage up and start to unpack before we leave for MK. We will not return to the hotel til around 1AM and would really not appreciate having to wait to check in at this time. :upsidedow

where are you staying?
onsite at the darkside or motherland?

i can answer your question if that is the case.

darkside:
check in, get hotel key, store luggage with valet.
you will receive a call when your room is ready.
your room number will be programed into your hotel key without you being present.
therefore, you can return to your room whenever you wish.
no matter what time it is.
you do not have to stop in at the lobby desk before you go to your room.

if you are staying onsite at the motherland:
pretty much the same case as darksite onsite hotels.

you can request a text, automated call to your cell when your room is ready.
room number will be assigned at that time to your hotel key card.

if you are staying off site, contact the hotel prior to checking in for their policy.

where are you staying?
onsite at the darkside or motherland?

i can answer your question if that is the case.

HA I was thinking the whole time I was writing "Don't forget to put where you are staying"

We're staying at RPH* not RPR... now to read the rest of your post.. :rotfl:

I swear I am always the first post on pages... *shakes head*

darkside:
check in, get hotel key, store luggage with valet.
you will receive a call when your room is ready.
your room number will be programed into your hotel key without you being present.
therefore, you can return to your room whenever you wish.
no matter what time it is.
you do not have to stop in at the lobby desk before you go to your room.

if you are staying onsite at the motherland:
pretty much the same case as darksite onsite hotels.

you can request a text, automated call to your cell when your room is ready.
room number will be assigned at that time to your hotel key card.

if you are staying off site, contact the hotel prior to checking in for their policy.

Thats my thing though, I dont want to have to "check in" meaning take the luggage up and unpack at 1am in the morning when I will be getting up and going to the park for early entry the next day. I may be a college student that has a weird schedule, but after a day filled with travel and park visits Im not going to be so happy go lucky. :headache:

Will valet just store the luggage or will they take it up to the room for us when the room is ready? If this is the case it may not be as big of a deal to actually be able to get into the room before we leave at 3PM to go from the darkside to the motherland.

We've arrived and checked into the hotels as early as 9AM before and have never received a "Ready" call before 3 PM. If this is the case on this trip, we're kind of "screwed" in a sense.

My question is does anyone have any experience actually requesting and getting INTO their room as early as 1 or 2. :confused3

have the front desk TM to make a note for your luggage to be delivered to your room once it is assigned.

if they tell you they can't, push it with a front end manager.
they will.

i base that on my personal experience.

if your belongings are in a room when you check in, you will feel more comfortable.
you will be able to check out the room and see if it is meeting your standards.
meaning firmness of the bed, view, location floor, cleanliness, phones workable, plenty of toiletries, etc.

i have had quite a few times experienced the room ready when i have checked in at 7:50 am.
those times were for the king suite.

i also have had times that my room was ready at noon or before.
only have had a later check in time of 2:00 in the afternoon once.
that about slayed me.......:laughing:
i was spoiled from earlier access time to the room.

maybe it depends on the day you check in at rph.
i check in on tuesdays or wednesdays.
the last time i checked in on a thursday, 6 years back, had a 1:30 wait time.
one year i switched towers and had a 2:00 access to the new room assignment. the original room was ready for me at check in time when i arrived before 8:00

the monday checkout rush is over and monday nights usually have rooms unused the night before. that makes tuesday an ideal day to check in.
i have had homies tell me when they check in on a friday or saturday, they have had delays in getting their room assigned.
hotels are quite often at 95% occupancy the nights before.
therefore, rooms can only be cleaned one at a time per floor.
time consuming.....

check in is at 4:00 pm
same as it is at disney resorts.

if they go past it, ask the front end manager for a discount for your inconvenience.

really, no matter which day of the week you do check in, they will work with you in getting your room ready for you.

worse case senario......
your room is not assigned before you have to leave for disney.
you call star service once you recieve word from the front desk your room number.

tell them to put your belongings in your room.

be sure to have your CLAIM # with you for them to do that.

when you check in luggage/items with valet, you are given a claim check.
you have to show that in order to get your belongings out .

that is unless the manager works it out for you in advance.

Mac-thanks for the advise!
I've been to universal several times, I've just never booked or been in charge of the hotel. Responsibilities of getting older I guess :rotfl:

I'm a property manager myself so I understand the 4PM in 11AM out times and we hold our tenants very strictly to this... I'm just... special, right?! :lmao:

Oh and on the "checking out the room thing" I'm a pretty "laid back" person when it comes to actually getting to the vacation. I would have never in a million years even thought about complaining about those kinds of things. I'm the "make the best of it" kind of person... to an extent. I in no way deal with something that will ruin my vacation if I know it can be fixed, but I also don't let the small things bother me. ha, maybe it's because I'm so small myself.:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter