• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing.......#4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac She was yelling at me for that and I told her lets see what did he chew up of mine ??
Charger cord for my cell phone and not to mention my cigs but the thing about that the crazy dog actually ate them cause all I found was the filters :scared1: but did remind her she was the one that wanted the dog and even went to get him and sad thing was she had to be the one to give him back .
But anywho Good Night homies and sweet dreams

OMG, it's scary what they can get into, hard to keep things out of reach. amazing the dog survived, in the spirit of education thought i'd bring this over; learned this from rescue shelter i support

A 10-pound dog would only need to eat 2 to 4 cigarettes in order to show toxic signs. You should note that even after smoking, tobacco retains a significant amount of nicotine residue.

What To Watch For

The clinical signs of toxicity are dependent upon the amount and type of nicotine ingested relative to your dogs body weight. The signs of toxicity are dose-dependent and generally begin within one hour of ingestion. Many dogs will vomit naturally after ingestion.

When large amounts are consumed, the effects can be life-threatening, but even small amounts can induce symptoms. Without treatment, nicotine toxicity can cause paralysis of the breathing muscles and your dog may die from an inability to breathe, sometimes within a few hours. If your pet exhibits any of the following symptoms, call your veterinarian.

tremors, weakness, stumbling/incoordination, depression, hyperactivity, lethargy, rapid or difficulty breathing, drooling, dilated pupils, vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, collapse

OMG, it's scary what they can get into, hard to keep things out of reach. amazing the dog survived, in the spirit of education thought i'd bring this over; learned this from rescue shelter i support

A 10-pound dog would only need to eat 2 to 4 cigarettes in order to show toxic signs. You should note that even after smoking, tobacco retains a significant amount of nicotine residue.

What To Watch For

The clinical signs of toxicity are dependent upon the amount and type of nicotine ingested relative to your dogs body weight. The signs of toxicity are dose-dependent and generally begin within one hour of ingestion. Many dogs will vomit naturally after ingestion.

When large amounts are consumed, the effects can be life-threatening, but even small amounts can induce symptoms. Without treatment, nicotine toxicity can cause paralysis of the breathing muscles and your dog may die from an inability to breathe, sometimes within a few hours. If your pet exhibits any of the following symptoms, call your veterinarian.

tremors, weakness, stumbling/incoordination, depression, hyperactivity, lethargy, rapid or difficulty breathing, drooling, dilated pupils, vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, collapse

Wow that is scary but Dw asked friend how he is doing and she said fine so I guess he got lucky.
Good Morning Homies

orlandonyc - sounds like you'll be one of the few who finds teaching to be a break after your last career! I agree that it will seem rewarding and maybe a bit easier to catch them when they're a bit younger. Although your average young teen knows everything - not all 20-somethings are still certain that they do!

Supposed to be a high of 62 here today! :confused3 No concerns about the heat here I guess! But flash flood warnings for tomorrow into Friday - another possible 1-3 inches of rain. The Dells are having even worse warnings. Mac, I checked into it and it was Lake Delton (you were making me concerned that I was really confused!). Do you have any idea of how big of a lake it was? With the warnings there, now I'm really worried about the dam at Mirror Lake - guess we'll see what happens over the next few days.

Anyways, everyone have a great Wednesday. I spent my morning at the dentist :headache: so the day just has to improve from here! I'm hoping at least!

weather map showed another big band of storms going to hit the midwest, last thing they need @ this point

marci - if ur tent camping might want to rethink, imo miserable when the ground is wet/mud tracked into tent - yeech

Janet - we're pop-up camping. A step up (literally), which is usually enough to keep the mud out of the camper (and just in the entry part). However, you did make me think about the getting stuck part. Have done that at least twice, but both times while camping in dune areas, where the ground was mostly sand. I'll have to check and see if our campsite is primarily level and/or has a concrete pad. Joy!

Edited to add that I just searched for the info about our campsite and this is what it said:

This is a shaded site, with a hardwood tree cover, and a sandy surface. The double-wide, gravel, driveway is on an incline.

Maybe not a good sign?!

Do I have to do another trippie? The one thing I can advise is getting up at 1 a.m. to make it there to be in the live audience for the Today Show is not worth the jet lag it caused for the rest of the trip.

i think the report you just listed will do fine fletcher.
you have more talents than you realize........;)

did you get all the money from the weight contest bet?

hey good luck today

I am studying to be a middle school/high school english teacher.
Just a side note, this is a second career. I am in my mid thirties and have been a assistant director for a homeless outreach program for the last ten years in the city. You think the schools are a mess....
I can't wait to teach really. First you'll be surprised how many homeless clients I have who are in their twenties. Rather try to help them in their teens and while they're still in school. Second, my passion is writing so having the summers off to focus on that is a great perk. As for bureaucracies.... been there and used to it.

Lastly, our mayor wants another term:scared1:

you'll enjoy teaching.
i was working as a social worker and switched over to teaching. i had my masters so i did well on the certificate tests. i do high school a lot in subbing and long term special ed classes. the middle schools i concentrated in for many years but 8 years ago switched back to hs.
it is rewarding to be able to reach young people.

MORNING

Off to work ..UH I mean HELL Again . I just hope that the kids are better today then they were yesterday . I am not looking forward to another day of throwup and sending kids home. I have to day our mayor is nuts ::yes:: .

Anyway gotta go get ready and pick something to wear . I will BBL I hope.
Hey anyone here have a Myspce ? Looking into it just to get info on DD believe it or not . MY oldest has one now and I think I can manage it better if I were on her "friends " list . I know it sounds sneaky but a mom has to do what a mom had to do. OK

OFF to work now See ya later .:moped:

do what i did, quit the job now and return back when fall term begins.
no sense making yourself miserable due to the conditions.
it is not worth it. if you have to cut back on things, it will work out.
if it is difficult for you with the heat and situation, it probably is a lot harder on the kids. good luck on what you decide.

morning all

i dunno about the ac thing...our school district doesn't have it either, heck we don't even have a pool:laughing: we're poor

while i can see early dismissal or cancellation for extreme heat, the norm early June temps shouldn't be a factor for otherwise healthy kids as long as they are hydrated, etc. Always a parent's option to keep their kids @ home if they think it's dangerous as lori said.:thumbsup2

our district just opens the windows & set up big fans, when it gets too bad they take the kiddos outside under the shady trees:confused3 , as was the same for me as a kid. We thought it a treat lol

ps i always tell my kids to do good in school or they'll be stuck as road workers or roofers in the summer...now that's a hot job;)

fyi our district's last day was friday & we start 3rd week of August & today is Kennywood:banana: . One of the other mom's actually volunteered to drive...she never drives ever!:woohoo:

i just adore the way you express yourself keisha.......so kewl

orlandonyc - sounds like you'll be one of the few who finds teaching to be a break after your last career! I agree that it will seem rewarding and maybe a bit easier to catch them when they're a bit younger. Although your average young teen knows everything - not all 20-somethings are still certain that they do!

Supposed to be a high of 62 here today! :confused3 No concerns about the heat here I guess! But flash flood warnings for tomorrow into Friday - another possible 1-3 inches of rain. The Dells are having even worse warnings. Mac, I checked into it and it was Lake Delton (you were making me concerned that I was really confused!). Do you have any idea of how big of a lake it was? With the warnings there, now I'm really worried about the dam at Mirror Lake - guess we'll see what happens over the next few days.

Anyways, everyone have a great Wednesday. I spent my morning at the dentist :headache: so the day just has to improve from here! I'm hoping at least!

sorry i confused you. i wrote lake delta and not delton. my fingers are standing in the corner for that error........:rolleyes1

yes, the skies are dark again here.
it's ok
i have lots of umbrellas.

hope your camping trip is a go still.

Janet - we're pop-up camping. A step up (literally), which is usually enough to keep the mud out of the camper (and just in the entry part). However, you did make me think about the getting stuck part. Have done that at least twice, but both times while camping in dune areas, where the ground was mostly sand. I'll have to check and see if our campsite is primarily level and/or has a concrete pad. Joy!

Edited to add that I just searched for the info about our campsite and this is what it said:

This is a shaded site, with a hardwood tree cover, and a sandy surface. The double-wide, gravel, driveway is on an incline.

Maybe not a good sign?!

incline on a sandy surface doesn't sound ideal............

but on the other hand, you have 4 guys with you and they can do all the pushing to get the camper back on the level hard surface area if you get stuck....

incline on a sandy surface doesn't sound ideal............

but on the other hand, you have 4 guys with you and they can do all the pushing to get the camper back on the level hard surface area if you get stuck....

Exactly what I was thinking after I wrote that. I remember being stuck back at a campground in Ontario when the kids had to have been like in the 3-6 range and of course were no help at all. Now with 3 teenagers, I think they'd be better at pushing than I was!

don't let the weather stop you from a family outing marcie.

it will work out.

but then if it pours the entire time, just imagine all the fun things you can do with the 5 of you inside the pop up camper.......

cards will entertain them all.....

six flags is having their special again. i received the newsletter that the price will be cut back to $29.99 with free parking until a date in july.
also a promo of buy one ticket at $39.99 and get one free.
that one expires on july 4.

Morning all ...

Well the sun decided to come out for a bit today :cool1: although our forecast is for more thunder-showers. Lets hope the sun can dry the grass out enough for us to cut it before we start losing the dogs in the back yard!

Thx guys on your views on teaching, more people should do it. We will have a stronger crop of kids if more experienced people joined the fray.

Update:

When is this rain stopping? More is coming to the area I am in, and it is time for me to head home to ensure my family is ok. Thanks to everyone for the notes. I have been checking them daily.
With all the rain forecasted, I am sure I will be back up here. Everyone stay safe, and hopefully you will never have to see me. For if you do that means you are in deep (get it) trouble.

:goodvibes

Update:

When is this rain stopping? More is coming to the area I am in, and it is time for me to head home to ensure my family is ok. Thanks to everyone for the notes. I have been checking them daily.
With all the rain forecasted, I am sure I will be back up here. Everyone stay safe, and hopefully you will never have to see me. For if you do that means you are in deep (get it) trouble.

:goodvibes

Hey glad you are safe.I've been watching the weather,its not looking good for up there.It's been 1 wiered spring weather wize.
We got family in the cinnci area,We know how fast the water rises up there.
Thank you Dave for what you do:thumbsup2 I'm sure it comes from evreyone on this board

HI all-
Sorry been MIA.
Had alot of paperwork to do the last few days. Getting out of jury duty. I was summoned as a standby juror during our family vacation. Couldn't believe I got summoned during that time :eek: Since I am a mom of 2 special needs kids, I was able to get a doctor's letter to get out of it. Yay!
I wouldn't mind going to jury duty someday, but DH can't take time off of work to watch the kids so I can go and it was scheduled during our vacation time.

Chrissy finally started summer school today. Yay! :yay: :dance3: :cool1:
Only for 3 hrs in the mornings, but it helps me keep my sanity, I think ;)
No summer school on Fridays tho, just Mon thru Thurs.
Went out shopping at Target with Matthew this morning.

Had a handyman come by yest to look at something in our garage. Will get it fixed on Friday.
So I've been busy!

Forgot to add: This past Sunday, we went shopping for shorts for Chrissy and bought me new luggage.

I've been battling sharing the computer with DS Matthew, as he wants to get on and do stuff on the computer all the time. We only have 1 computer for the 4 of us, no laptops at all.

As of the rain by me, haven't had much issues with the rain(no flooding). Hasn't rained a whole lot by me the last few days, so that's good news ::yes:: It's been hit or miss here by me.
Anyone of you homies dealing with the rain and flooding, I'll be praying for all of you.

Hi to all :wave2:

HI all-
Sorry been MIA.
Had alot of paperwork to do the last few days. Getting out of jury duty. I was summoned as a standby juror during our family vacation. Couldn't believe I got summoned during that time :eek: Since I am a mom of 2 special needs kids, I was able to get a doctor's letter to get out of it. Yay!
I wouldn't mind going to jury duty someday, but DH can't take time off of work to watch the kids so I can go and it was scheduled during our vacation time.

Chrissy finally started summer school today. Yay! :yay: :dance3: :cool1:
Only for 3 hrs in the mornings, but it helps me keep my sanity, I think ;)
No summer school on Fridays tho, just Mon thru Thurs.
Went out shopping at Target with Matthew this morning.

Had a handyman come by yest to look at something in our garage. Will get it fixed on Friday.
So I've been busy!

Forgot to add: This past Sunday, we went shopping for shorts for Chrissy and bought me new luggage.

I've been battling sharing the computer with DS Matthew, as he wants to get on and do stuff on the computer all the time. We only have 1 computer for the 4 of us, no laptops at all :mad:

As of the rain by me, haven't had much issues with the rain(no flooding). Hasn't rained a whole lot by me the last few days, so that's good news ::yes:: It's been hit or miss here by me.
Anyone of you homies dealing with the rain and flooding, I'll be praying for all of you.

Hi to all :wave2:

i hear ya rose, i hate sharing my mac with the others here in the house.

when son's computer broke down, i shared.
my time usually came around 2:30 in the morning.....:laughing:

since the 2 boys have lap tops, no one else uses theirs.
one other son has a desktop but in a bedroom.

mine is the IMac and in the dining room so everyone likes to use mine.

yea we are getting more rain soon.

our high today was 60 degrees.

i was inside the theatre and the ac was on. froze to death, well not really or i wouldn't be back here typing now would i.........

I just noticed, I hit 2500 posts!!! :cool1: :banana: :dance3: :yay: party:

congratulations on hitting the big one.
you'll be running with the big doggies now!

oh btw

good-morning-sunshine.gif

night all

little-nemo-opening-collage.png

Were do you find these orlandonyc??:confused3

just google.the trick is in the keyword. the last bunch of pics with the kid was from a promo film that the dude who made spirited away cartoon did to propose a film on the little nemo. i loved the 80's cartoon movie and the 1989 video game. i think its all based on a very old comic strip.

just google.the trick is in the keyword. the last bunch of pics with the kid was from a promo film that the dude who made spirited away cartoon did to propose a film on the little nemo. i loved the 80's cartoon movie and the 1989 video game. i think its all based on a very old comic strip.

I new I've seen that somewere before.Just googled it.I'm a 40 born to late....Thanks for the check to keep me young:goodvibes

Hey Homies ketch Y'all tommorrow.I'm out,Dis tomorrow.Have a great night,and be safe.:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter