• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing.......#4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey honey...I'm home :faint:

The vacation crunch at work has begun.......

......and I'm an idiot for squeezing people in where I shouldn't/can't :headache:

so our boy bubba is going to be with the big doggies next school year.

i think that would make him at the double digits age about then.

oh my.......can't believe he is growing up already

yep...he turns 10 in Jan...going into 4th...ya know, when i joined the DIS, he was going into 1st grade :eek: ....where did the time go? :confused3

(Mini-brag...came home with EXCELLENT report card :thumbsup2 We are VERY proud!)

Mac, I can't believe mine is going to be 21 in August, that's why I have so much gray in my beard now :rotfl:

That means he'll have a "real" reason to hit on the shot girls at HHN in October, oh my....................:scared1:

Hard to imagine that he and I can sit together at the Alchemy Bar on our next trip, I'm feeling OOOOLLLLLLLDDDDDD right now :(
Poor Mike....he feels old cuz his son is turning 21

about the gray hairs, well, i found my first 3 yesterday.
i pulled them out.

you're a man, you can color your beard.

you'd be better off coloring those grays vs pulling them out.....might not grow back & you'll start going bald :scared1:

Okay...I'm beat...gonna check out what I missed today!

:wave2: to everyone!!! Hail the almighty redheads! :worship:

hey coaster mom,
what part of the city you're in? I can't believe they kept the schools open.
I start teaching myself soon enough..

I am in Staten Island . It was unbearable in school today . I am not a teacher I am a Para ..( I am subbing for now) . My DH is an 8th grade math teacher and well between the both of us today we have had it with this weather . Schools right over the bridge in NJ were either closed or closed early today . :furious: Makes me nuts .

You are going to be a teacher ...GOOD LUCK . I have to say the system is a lot different then it was years ago . It is a real mess now that the mayor has taken control . What kind of teacher are you studying to be ? Special Ed , Regular Ed, k-6 or 6-12 ? I personally like the little kids better but my DH says the bigger ones are easier to deal with . I don't know some of the 8th graders these days are bigger then me . ::yes:: .

Gotta run my DS doesn't really like the storm that is coming in and I need to see if my e- mail came in on some stuff I ordered . IF I am not back later

NIght NIGHT :cloud9:

tag fairy busy tonight on the happy camper thread:thumbsup2

no more roughing it for me, tags or not;)

gotta draw the line in the sand somewhere

as per barb - hail the mighty redheads indeed:banana:

sounds as though all the teachers need their summer vacation as much as the kiddos:smokin:

yep...he turns 10 in Jan...going into 4th...ya know, when i joined the DIS, he was going into 1st grade :eek: ....where did the time go? :confused3

When I joined the DIS my oldest was in 2nd grade (and my baby was a preschooler!). Now the oldest is officially a junior and the baby is in 8th grade! One more year and no one younger than high school!

And it's not that warm here. Highs only in the mid 60's tomorrow. Not that I'm complaining that it's not in the 90's, but it would be nice if it could actually FEEL like summer a little bit!

Mac - I hadn't heard about the lake at the Dells. We're heading out there next weekend and will be camping at Mirror Lake again (can you believe it's been a year since the last time we went there and I posted my pics for you guys?!). Apparently the dam there was very close to "failing" and leaking in spots where it wasn't supposed to. I heard that Gov. Doyle said that Lake Delton is important and they're going to rebuild it - how do you rebuild a lake? :confused3 We'll have to check it out next weekend and see how it looks. Bizarre.

Morning! Today is the last day Bubba is a 3rd grader.... :teeth:

They have 12:30 dismissal, but a lot of the skools in Phila. are dismissing early due to the heat...heck, some are even closed! I can't remember when skools around here were 'closed' due to HEAT? :confused3

Marcie...when i said my hours were less...I meant LESS! I went from 3 days/week to 1 day/week and instead of 7 hours a day, now it's 4.5 :banana: I managed to get 2 days off for the summer!!! :banana: :banana:

:wizard: sending YOU the mummydust

i know :eek: Not many :banana: 's left for us....lookit those tickers go :eek:

::yes:: I noticed.... :scratchin

Be safe....you are a true hero to help other (stupid) people in a time of need. A stereo?? Yeah....THAT's important.... :rolleyes2

Don't forget to save some $$ for the electric bill when ya get home :teeth:

Ark headin' your way..... :eek:

Sorry you had to give the puppy back....BUT, you did tell/warn her :rolleyes1 Glad your eye is better.... Funny how allergies affect 1 eye, ain't it? ;)

kewl ...never drank a cuppa sunrise before...what's it taste like? :confused3

Well....not many days left to work before vacation....going to be a long day at work... :faint:

You all have a great day :wave2:

Todd...btw, i keep forgetting to tell ya that i think your new sig is kewl :thumbsup2 PERFECT for you :goodvibes

Actually Barb it went from the left eye to the right one and so long as I keep our 1 dog away from my face I am ok :faint:

aren't you glad the puppy loved to chew on HER things

Mac She was yelling at me for that and I told her lets see what did he chew up of mine ??
Charger cord for my cell phone and not to mention my cigs but the thing about that the crazy dog actually ate them cause all I found was the filters :scared1: but did remind her she was the one that wanted the dog and even went to get him and sad thing was she had to be the one to give him back .
But anywho Good Night homies and sweet dreams

night all

little-nemo-opening-collage.png

When I joined the DIS my oldest was in 2nd grade (and my baby was a preschooler!). Now the oldest is officially a junior and the baby is in 8th grade! One more year and no one younger than high school!

And it's not that warm here. Highs only in the mid 60's tomorrow. Not that I'm complaining that it's not in the 90's, but it would be nice if it could actually FEEL like summer a little bit!

Mac - I hadn't heard about the lake at the Dells. We're heading out there next weekend and will be camping at Mirror Lake again (can you believe it's been a year since the last time we went there and I posted my pics for you guys?!). Apparently the dam there was very close to "failing" and leaking in spots where it wasn't supposed to. I heard that Gov. Doyle said that Lake Delton is important and they're going to rebuild it - how do you rebuild a lake? :confused3 We'll have to check it out next weekend and see how it looks. Bizarre.

i think it was lake delta that was lost with the 4 houses.
completely swept away.

you should check the website and see how close mirror lake is to that area that got wiped out.
tommy bartlett is long gone now.

yea, no heat here.
temps will drop tonight but have the electric blanket for the bed.
i will not put the furnace back on tonight....

remember to take the dryer lint for your starter on the campfires...

Mac She was yelling at me for that and I told her lets see what did he chew up of mine ??
Charger cord for my cell phone and not to mention my cigs but the thing about that the crazy dog actually ate them cause all I found was the filters :scared1: but did remind her she was the one that wanted the dog and even went to get him and sad thing was she had to be the one to give him back .
But anywho Good Night homies and sweet dreams

oops, bad doggy........
sweet sleep st L

night all

little-nemo-opening-collage.png

reading those HHN bed time stories again, eh.......

he's baaaccckkkk...........

fletcher is back being our alarm clock.....

now he needs to tell us about his trip

Do I have to do another trippie? The one thing I can advise is getting up at 1 a.m. to make it there to be in the live audience for the Today Show is not worth the jet lag it caused for the rest of the trip.

MORNING

Off to work ..UH I mean HELL Again . I just hope that the kids are better today then they were yesterday . I am not looking forward to another day of throwup and sending kids home. I have to day our mayor is nuts ::yes:: .

Anyway gotta go get ready and pick something to wear . I will BBL I hope.
Hey anyone here have a Myspce ? Looking into it just to get info on DD believe it or not . MY oldest has one now and I think I can manage it better if I were on her "friends " list . I know it sounds sneaky but a mom has to do what a mom had to do. OK

OFF to work now See ya later .:moped:

I am in Staten Island . It was unbearable in school today . I am not a teacher I am a Para ..( I am subbing for now) . My DH is an 8th grade math teacher and well between the both of us today we have had it with this weather . Schools right over the bridge in NJ were either closed or closed early today . :furious: Makes me nuts .

You are going to be a teacher ...GOOD LUCK . I have to say the system is a lot different then it was years ago . It is a real mess now that the mayor has taken control . What kind of teacher are you studying to be ? Special Ed , Regular Ed, k-6 or 6-12 ? I personally like the little kids better but my DH says the bigger ones are easier to deal with . I don't know some of the 8th graders these days are bigger then me . ::yes:: .

Gotta run my DS doesn't really like the storm that is coming in and I need to see if my e- mail came in on some stuff I ordered . IF I am not back later

NIght NIGHT :cloud9:

hey good luck today

I am studying to be a middle school/high school english teacher.
Just a side note, this is a second career. I am in my mid thirties and have been a assistant director for a homeless outreach program for the last ten years in the city. You think the schools are a mess....
I can't wait to teach really. First you'll be surprised how many homeless clients I have who are in their twenties. Rather try to help them in their teens and while they're still in school. Second, my passion is writing so having the summers off to focus on that is a great perk. As for bureaucracies.... been there and used to it.

Lastly, our mayor wants another term:scared1:

Morning everyone!

Mary making kids go to school in those temps with no ac is ridiculous. My kids would not be going. That mayor needs to be impeached not given another term.

morning all

i dunno about the ac thing...our school district doesn't have it either, heck we don't even have a pool:laughing: we're poor

while i can see early dismissal or cancellation for extreme heat, the norm early June temps shouldn't be a factor for otherwise healthy kids as long as they are hydrated, etc. Always a parent's option to keep their kids @ home if they think it's dangerous as lori said.:thumbsup2

our district just opens the windows & set up big fans, when it gets too bad they take the kiddos outside under the shady trees:confused3 , as was the same for me as a kid. We thought it a treat lol

ps i always tell my kids to do good in school or they'll be stuck as road workers or roofers in the summer...now that's a hot job;)

fyi our district's last day was friday & we start 3rd week of August & today is Kennywood:banana: . One of the other mom's actually volunteered to drive...she never drives ever!:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter