Something About Nothing ... #12

Awesome live reporting Patty, and thanks for a great picture with some cats. Yeah, no sun here, and safe travels home.

Good Happy Friday afternoon........

Back home from dentist......wasn’t a filling, I had chipped the tooth itself..........very easy to fix.......no drilling, no injections and no X-ray needed.

Pulled pork for dinner so nothing hard to disturb tooth too much......

It’s cold. But, heating is on and house is cosy.........and white wine is chilling.......typical Friday night......

Have a good one..........

Now that’s a great dentist appointment

No pain involved!

Certainly is!!!

It’s the only time I am afraid of needles.......I hate to get injections there........thankfully none today.

Managed to eat pulled pork without any damage..........I think!!

Fireworks going off in the distance tonight already......although Bonfire Night is the 5th November, the nights leading up to it especially at the weekends are full of fireworks going off. Not too close to us of course, but you can hear them.......some are incredible to look at but noisy.

Time for dessert.........not good for the diet which seems to have gone out the window, but made a white chocolate cheesecake.......no bake one.......it’s fairly small though.......honest :rolleyes1

Back home from dentist......wasn’t a filling, I had chipped the tooth itself..........very easy to fix.......no drilling, no injections and no X-ray needed.

Happy Guy Fawkes weekend, Schumigirl! I love British History.

My oldest is wishing he'd had an easy day at the dentist. He had four wisdom teeth pulled this morning.
He zonked out in the car as soon as he got in, so I went to the pharmacy to get his prescriptions.
"About how long will this take?"
"At least half an hour."

One hour later....
"It'll be about another 15 minutes."
He was still sleeping away, so I waited in the car with him.

Another hour later....
"He's just finishing up with it."

Twenty minutes later....
"There you go. You don't owe a cent."

Not because of the wait, but because we've gone WAY over our out-of-pocket max this year.

DS's doing fine right now playing on the computer.
I guess I don't need to worry too much while I pick his brother up from school and take him to a piano lesson. He knows where the pain meds are.

Patty - how great to be wearing sandals and hanging with the ‘cool cats’ at Universal. Enjoy

I was hoping Mr Mac would eat up our leftover candy

So far, I’m the only one making a dent in that candy bowl

Have a great Friday homies!

Chop ‘em up and use in lieu of chocolate chips in cookies, nom.

We’ve already made home-made blizzards here too lol

Certainly is!!!

It’s the only time I am afraid of needles.......I hate to get injections there........thankfully none today.

Managed to eat pulled pork without any damage..........I think!!

Fireworks going off in the distance tonight already......although Bonfire Night is the 5th November, the nights leading up to it especially at the weekends are full of fireworks going off. Not too close to us of course, but you can hear them.......some are incredible to look at but noisy.

Time for dessert.........not good for the diet which seems to have gone out the window, but made a white chocolate cheesecake.......no bake one.......it’s fairly small though.......honest :rolleyes1

Wonder if the cheesecake will make it thru the night before Kyle pounces on it :)

I’ve set off more than a few of the smaller varieties but do know people missing digits from (illegal) M100s and yet they still mess with them every 4th of July.

Happy Guy Fawkes weekend, Schumigirl! I love British History.

My oldest is wishing he'd had an easy day at the dentist. He had four wisdom teeth pulled this morning.
He zonked out in the car as soon as he got in, so I went to the pharmacy to get his prescriptions.
"About how long will this take?"
"At least half an hour."

One hour later....
"It'll be about another 15 minutes."
He was still sleeping away, so I waited in the car with him.

Another hour later....
"He's just finishing up with it."

Twenty minutes later....
"There you go. You don't owe a cent."

Not because of the wait, but because we've gone WAY over our out-of-pocket max this year.

DS's doing fine right now playing on the computer.
I guess I don't need to worry too much while I pick his brother up from school and take him to a piano lesson. He knows where the pain meds are.

So going over the OOP max is a good thing afterall? Lol been there too, once you hit it, it’s time to get all the stuff done you’ve been putting off before the years ends.

Sounds like he’s either one tough kid or the meds are working fine! Does he look like a chipmunk? Mine would never use the ice and faces got alarmingly large.

Patty - how great to be wearing sandals and hanging with the ‘cool cats’ at Universal. Enjoy

I know! Haven't had sandals on since we left Orlando Oct 6!! :) On Wednesday, I had to wait for my windshield to de-ice before I left for work!:( Will be back to reality when we get home Sunday night! :cold:

It was funny walking in The Studios today. There's still 2 more nights of HHN so all the Halloween decor in the scare zones is still up. Meanwhile, there is some Christmas decor popping up. And , they have a cute photo op advertising the new Grinch movie!

1876266_109182819.jpg

Speaking of HHN, just came across our HHN tour group picture. A great looking group!!:)

thumbnail_IMG_3513 (1).jpg

The boy had 4 wisdom teeth this morning and he is doing okay now??

What a brave son you have

My boys were wimps and carried on for days

He's doing shockingly well. He's got lots of energy right now for online gaming, now that he's had plenty of sleep during and after his surgery. :-)

So going over the OOP max is a good thing afterall? Lol been there too, once you hit it, it’s time to get all the stuff done you’ve been putting off before the years ends.

Sounds like he’s either one tough kid or the meds are working fine! Does he look like a chipmunk? Mine would never use the ice and faces got alarmingly large.

With three diabetics in the house, we frequently go over the OOP max. We shouldn't have to pay anything for the wisdom teeth, either! Fingers crossed.
He's a tough kid with a high tolerance for pain, and the meds are working GREAT! He hasn't been using the ice much, and yes - his cheeks are very puffy. I'm thinking he'll hurt more tomorrow. :charac2:

It's pumpkin time soon, so I'm going to bed now.
The kids will go eventually.
Maybe.

I am up way to early for a Saturday. B is taking the SAT again today and has to be there at 7:45. I’m going to make a good breakfast for her today.

View attachment 362840

Found cats at IOA!! Feels like home!
Great picture

Yay for an easy dental visit. I have to go for my routing cleaning and exam in a couple of weeks.

He's doing shockingly well. He's got lots of energy right now for online gaming, now that he's had plenty of sleep during and after his surgery. :-)
Wow, I was a mess after I had my removed and I was an adult when that happened. I know I was miserable for at least the whole weekend.

Time to start breakfast.

Wonder if the cheesecake will make it thru the night before Kyle pounces on it :)

I’ve set off more than a few of the smaller varieties but do know people missing digits from (illegal) M100s and yet they still mess with them every 4th of July.

Well, it`s quite safe as Kyle doesn't like white chocolate...….lol......and I don't like dark chocolate as he does!!! Will make him a flourless one today...….

Yep, every year there are so many injuries from them...….

I know! Haven't had sandals on since we left Orlando Oct 6!! :) On Wednesday, I had to wait for my windshield to de-ice before I left for work!:( Will be back to reality when we get home Sunday night! :cold:

We usually have our cars in the garage at night, but Kyle left his out on the driveway as he was in late Thursday night, and yesterday morning it was pure white with frost......de icer was out for the first time this year!!

With three diabetics in the house, we frequently go over the OOP max. We shouldn't have to pay anything for the wisdom teeth, either! Fingers crossed.
He's a tough kid with a high tolerance for pain, and the meds are working GREAT! He hasn't been using the ice much, and yes - his cheeks are very puffy. I'm thinking he'll hurt more tomorrow. :charac2:

It's pumpkin time soon, so I'm going to bed now.
The kids will go eventually.
Maybe.

Glad he`s doing ok!!! Kids seem to be more resilient...….meds are good!!!!

I am up way to early for a Saturday. B is taking the SAT again today and has to be there at 7:45. I’m going to make a good breakfast for her today.

Great picture

Yay for an easy dental visit. I have to go for my routing cleaning and exam in a couple of weeks.

Wow, I was a mess after I had my removed and I was an adult when that happened. I know I was miserable for at least the whole weekend.

Time to start breakfast.

Yep, I have a checkup middle of December......I don't mind check ups!!!! I had one wisdom tooth taken out as an adult.....all the roots were intertwined and it was a mess afterwards...….I had almost two weeks off work.....luckily we could basically take as much sick time as we needed...….but it was painful!!

Saturday again...….even though I don't work I still love the weekend...…..

Lazy morning watching Murder she Wrote reruns...…..lazy lunch of snack items...….and spicy honey and mustard chicken for dinner tonight......easy to throw together.

Was supposed to be going out for Indian food with friends tonight, but one has cried off......so Saturday night at home...….another group were going out and had asked us to join them, but didn't fancy travelling over an hour and a half away tonight as weather has to be dreadful....

Have a great Saturday....………………..:wave2:

Just reading about others dentist visits gives me heart palpitations

Lol

I’m still looking for one since I moved

Have a great weekend homies !

We really do need to find one closer to us......we still travel back to where we used to live, it`s quite a trek but he is a fabulous dentist. And being there yesterday reminded me how much we don't want to switch to a new one...…..

It is a hard thing to find a dentist you`re fully comfortable with...…..I dread mine retiring now!!! He`s early 50`s but is talking of retiring because he can!!! Don`t blame him really...…..

I’m waiting for B to finish the SAT and totally dreading lunch today. Dh has decided that it is time to have a serious talk with her about her college plans. She wants to study theater, but really doesn’t possess the talents needed to be successful in that field. She has auditioned for several of her high school productions, but hasn’t been cast in any of them. For the few community theater shows she has done she has only been in the general ensemble. I know she is going to be broken-hearted, but we don’t want her to waste a college education. I don’t want to be a parent today.

Charade, many kids don’t know what they want while still in high school

Once they start college, all take general classes the first year and learn they have different interests and maybe just opposite of what they wanted before doing general studies that first year

My boys all switched to a different field after their first semester in college

We did the college search and visited them the summer and fall they became seniors in high school

They had their college admission secured before end of October while in senior year at high school

But two of them changed to a different major after freshman year at college

And they graduated in time in 4 years

Many kids don’t know what they want until after halfway through freshman year

What she is interested in now might not be the same once she begins her general studies

Well, that did not go well at all.
The main problem we are having with B right now is she is so hyper-focused on one school, one major. She will not even consider looking at anything else. She will not go to any of the career fairs or college visits at her school.

I don’t know which would have been worse: telling her now that she needs to consider something else or wait until she gets into college and gets cut from the theater program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter