Something About Nothing ... #12

Just think of all the candy you have left to snack on...

We don't have kids come around where we live.....but for some reason we have a whole load of candy laying around......waiting to be eaten...…..unless I hand it in to the village nursery first of course...….:rolleyes1

View attachment 362556

Well, we got around 20, only because 2 of our neighbor kids brought a bunch of friends. Three one's came, then the huge gang, then 2 came. All lights out by 7:30. All came between 6 and 7. How nice was that? And while I had a bunch of candy left, at around 7:30, my DB called, he's out of candy, so older one took what was left, and now we have nada. That's fine. We still have some candy bought at that mall store, so I am sure that will be eaten quick. I do have to remind my DB that I want my bowl back. Candy was a gift, not the bowl. I really like the bowl, so why I want it back.

Yay! Yesterday, the temp soared to 70 in the afternoon, was almost too hot. Then after the sun set, while jacket was needed, was a perfect clear night for the kids.

And another ya, another taste of Spring, with the high of 72 today, and mostly sunny. We'll pay for it though, by Saturday, rain and highs in the 50's.

Since it is warm, drink up homies, it's a Thirsty Thursday after all.
images

And,
images
:rotfl: and since we love to talk about food: View attachment 362557 . So order Italian, and have a drink or two. Enjoy your Thursday homies. Just think, tomorrow is Friday. :dancer:

popcorn:::music::coffee:

Jealous of your warm temps......we were so cold yesterday...….today is better......we have 48F. Not very much to get excited about...…....

mmm.....calzone day...….

Another trip to an Exotic Port-O-Call in the books...(Betcha Milwaukee ain't been called that in quite a while...)
Curds and Brats..NOM.
Now..Onto THE REAL Exotic joint!!!
Here we come MCO!!!
Piling up those RR points!!! :sail:

Have a fantastic time!!!!

1st November...…..so can now say...….we go back to Orlando this month...…….cannot wait!!!

27 sleeps...…:)

Cool but sunny day today…….grocery shopping done and now home for the day...…

Have a great Thursday...….

Schumi is going back home soon!

How is your 2019 vacation schedule going?

Know you have a month in the fall set up but many other trips before that one?

It poured, i wound up body’bagging several of the animatronics. Made it even creepier lol. Wound up with almost 100 kids, despite the rain. Funny enough was sweltering in 65 degree weather in a universal poncho over a hoodie. Temps dropping 20 degrees today but still rain for next few days.

Added a haunted car to the mayhem this year. Let’s just say one mom laughed and told her kids they had to stop home for a bathroom break after the maniac started to talk & the horn & lights came on :)

82F85F4A-26FD-4F69-9422-4F71E35C2771.jpeg

Happy 50% off candy day! I managed to walk through the seasonal aisle at Kroger today and not buy anything,

Around 3:00 today I heard lots of sirens. Then a client called and said that she would be late for her appointment due to the accident on the main road near us. This is usually the time i leave to get B at school, but she is staying for theater auditions today. I stayed at work until 3:40 and then decided to risk going home my usual route. I passed a business about a mile from my office and there were lots of emergency vehicles in the parking lot. I don’t think this was a traffic accident. I also saw a car from our local news channel there, but I have yet to see a story about what happened.

Just think of all the candy you have left to snack on...

Nooo! I am trying to cut down on sugar. My bos was really cruel today. She brought in a bunch of those bite sized Reese Peanut Butter Cups. Must resist.

Here we come MCO!!!

1st November...…..so can now say...….we go back to Orlando this month...…….cannot wait!!!

I am so envious. I guess I will live vicariously through others until I get to go back. APril is a long way away.

It poured, i wound up body’bagging several of the animatronics. Made it even creepier lol. Wound up with almost 100 kids, despite the rain. Funny enough was sweltering in 65 degree weather in a universal poncho over a hoodie. Temps dropping 20 degrees today but still rain for next few days.

Added a haunted car to the mayhem this year. Let’s just say one mom laughed and told her kids they had to stop home for a bathroom break after the maniac started to talk & the horn & lights came on :)

View attachment 362653

That’s really creepy.

Now for the big news of the day....the deck construction is finally finished!!
Here are the before and afters.

14spi08.jpg

ezo0tz.jpg

Schumi is going back home soon!

How is your 2019 vacation schedule going?

Know you have a month in the fall set up but many other trips before that one?

We`re all set for three trips so far...…...two weeks in March......two weeks in May...….a month in September/October...…..that's the ones we have booked...…

Fourth one will be another December trip for 10 nights again probably...…..

Think that's it...…:D

View attachment 362653

Janet....that is fabulous!!!!

lol......I can imagine that mother!!!!!

Happy 50% off candy day! I managed to walk through the seasonal aisle at Kroger today and not buy anything,

Around 3:00 today I heard lots of sirens. Then a client called and said that she would be late for her appointment due to the accident on the main road near us. This is usually the time i leave to get B at school, but she is staying for theater auditions today. I stayed at work until 3:40 and then decided to risk going home my usual route. I passed a business about a mile from my office and there were lots of emergency vehicles in the parking lot. I don’t think this was a traffic accident. I also saw a car from our local news channel there, but I have yet to see a story about what happened.

Nooo! I am trying to cut down on sugar. My bos was really cruel today. She brought in a bunch of those bite sized Reese Peanut Butter Cups. Must resist.

I am so envious. I guess I will live vicariously through others until I get to go back. APril is a long way away.

That’s really creepy.

14spi08.jpg

ezo0tz.jpg

Deck is looking good Charade!!!!

I`m sure you must be delighted with it...……

Quiet night tonight...…..

Although knocked a filling out of my back tooth...…..will have to try and call first thing to see if they have any appointments available...…..it`s easier to meet the Queen than my dentist!! He is so booked up for months at a time...….I really should move to a dentist nearer where we live now. When we moved recently we kept on with him as he knows us and I don't really like new dentists......he`s very patient with my horrible gag reflex!

Will see another dentist there if I have to...…..I was eating junk lollypop I shouldn't have been eating...…..:blush:

Managed to eat dinner though...…..::yes::

We have to be hit by the tail end of a hurricane this weekend......not too cold tonight and mild, but bad weather is on the way...…

Enjoy rest of your Thursday...…….almost bedtime here...….:wave2:

I think Carole needs to find a new dentist...in Orlando JK

It’s true, good ones are worth their weight in (dental) gold!

Just finished reading my local newspaper. In the entertainment section it described a ‘New to our area, fun for the whole family event’. Intrigued, always looking for something new to do here

Went on to describe the festivities: Food trucks, entertainment & games in the afternoon followed by the main event...of which I had to read twice as I thot it was a gag

The kids collectively stuff an effigy of a man, then it will get tossed with great fanfare onto a large bonfire.:scratchin Did warn none of the ‘traditional fireworks’ would be in evidence as they are illegal in that township

I’m sure Carole already guessed ‘who’ is being roasted...Guy Fawkes. party:a few days early it seems. Thanks to my public education, had to google duh

Can't believe it's already November!!! We only had about 20 kids last night-cold rainy and too many trunk or treat events taking away from neighborhoods. Son and his friend went around with DH while friends mom and I talked and had wine at my house :D Boys got a haul! Smarties are gone from both boy's haul last night :rolleyes1 yes this is my favorite!! Have zero self control around Smarties.
Keisha-that car looks fabulous! or should I say spooky?? may "borrow" that idea next year!

I got home around 6:30 last night. $200 of candy was gone in 45 minutes! Lights off and watched Saw.
I miss those days! Did get to see the neighbors little boy-oh he is so precious and growing so fast. Adore these neighbors and their kids!

She brought in a bunch of those bite sized Reese Peanut Butter Cups. Must resist.
yeah my other weakness. We haven't had Worlds finest chocolate PB bears in house for a while now (thank goodness-kids and I both get into them!)

Oh that looks sooooo good!!! That is kind of what we want to do as well, although we wouldn't extend all the way across back as it would work with retaining wall.

Cold and rainy and dreary today. bright leaves will be mostly on ground by tomorrow.
Chickens were wet when I got home-but with their downy feathers underneath they were still toasty-bet the worm picking was good today.

Mojo pork last night was delicious-and made even better cuban sandwiches tonight! Made several baked potatoes as well. Then DH came home with chips and queso from a newer mexican place that friend manages. So kids should be stocked with food for next couple days. Son didn't want pickles on his cuban and I was teasing him about trying new stuff or how would he survive next summer in Cuba? He asked why would we be in Cuba? DH piped up "on the cruise". So yeah that is a done deal (plant the seed, let it grow, cultivate at right time as his idea-25 years of marriage wisdom:rotfl2:). And then dinner convo turned to Thanksgiving ( we are hosting again this year-which I don't mind-I love to cook Thanksgiving dinner) and Christmas. And Florida is brought up again-by DH this time. Told him I need a yes or no not a "maybe" by next week as I will have to plan days off, Oldest has already requested days off, and he comes out with his mom was talking about it too:rolleyes1 Fingers crossed we get to Florida to see grandson and newest daughter and SiL over Christmas Holiday! Will sneak in trip to Universal of course (AP's can't go idle now can they?)

DH taking middle to retry her test tomorrow am before school-the testing place we went to today only does testing on Tuesdays and fridays.

Grateful for no politic thread as well. My club is advertising our wreath sale and DH club posting about Wingapalooza-Friend posted on FB today "You may be sick of Wreath and Wingapalooza postings but at least they aren't ads for *** and *** (state senators) You are welcome." her post quickly wracked up the likes LOL!

Debating on doing some laundry...

One nice thing about kids having a driver’s license, need coffee, if I buy, offfer to go get it. Woot!

Just relaxing, and we too will have our glorious blue sky days a past memory. Rain and 20 degree drop in temp by later tonight, and lasting around the weekend.

Have a wonderful night, as we wake up it is Friday! Yahoooooooo!

Hi, Homies!

It's been a few years and I just wanted to pop in and say hello. HELLO! We've all been sick at my house and missed Halloween. No problem, we never get trick or treaters this far from town, so we have plenty of candy to go around.

May November be full of food and warmth for all of us.

I think Carole needs to find a new dentist...in Orlando JK

It’s true, good ones are worth their weight in (dental) gold!

Just finished reading my local newspaper. In the entertainment section it described a ‘New to our area, fun for the whole family event’. Intrigued, always looking for something new to do here

Went on to describe the festivities: Food trucks, entertainment & games in the afternoon followed by the main event...of which I had to read twice as I thot it was a gag

The kids collectively stuff an effigy of a man, then it will get tossed with great fanfare onto a large bonfire.:scratchin Did warn none of the ‘traditional fireworks’ would be in evidence as they are illegal in that township

I’m sure Carole already guessed ‘who’ is being roasted...Guy Fawkes. party:a few days early it seems. Thanks to my public education, had to google duh

Remember Remember the 5th of November........

Yep, Bonfire Night/Guy Fawkes Night is a massive tradition over here and has been going forever.........

Back in the 1970’s there were bonfires set up in any spare ground, even in front of houses......and it was lit Nov 5th and kids held sparklers.......I hate fireworks of any kind and still wonder why you’d give a kid a “white hot” piece of metal to wave around........but that was what you did.

Still goes on but more organised displays over the last 30 years......huge events in some cases......I would go to an organised display. But, sales of fireworks this time of year is a huge carry on.........and some of them that you can have in your garden sound like downtown Beirut!!! But, as I said I hate fireworks.....we both worked in the Explosives industry and I got my degree in Explosives Ordnance, and just can’t equate to “playing” with them as I know what a tiny bit of explosives can do........but apparently I’m an old fuddy duddy with that.......lol......

We already have fireworks going off every night in the distance........starts mid Oct when stores start selling fireworks......I should wear my “Grumpy” tee shirt this time of year.......:D

To be honest most kids nowadays probably don’t know much about Guy Fawkes.......so, it’s now just a fun event where you have fireworks.

Yep, good dentists are worth their wait in gold! No Dr Death for me..........:laughing:

Can't believe it's already November!!! We only had about 20 kids last night-cold rainy and too many trunk or treat events taking away from neighborhoods. Son and his friend went around with DH while friends mom and I talked and had wine at my house :D Boys got a haul! Smarties are gone from both boy's haul last night :rolleyes1 yes this is my favorite!! Have zero self control around Smarties.
Keisha-that car looks fabulous! or should I say spooky?? may "borrow" that idea next year!

I miss those days! Did get to see the neighbors little boy-oh he is so precious and growing so fast. Adore these neighbors and their kids!

yeah my other weakness. We haven't had Worlds finest chocolate PB bears in house for a while now (thank goodness-kids and I both get into them!)

Oh that looks sooooo good!!! That is kind of what we want to do as well, although we wouldn't extend all the way across back as it would work with retaining wall.

Cold and rainy and dreary today. bright leaves will be mostly on ground by tomorrow.
Chickens were wet when I got home-but with their downy feathers underneath they were still toasty-bet the worm picking was good today.

Mojo pork last night was delicious-and made even better cuban sandwiches tonight! Made several baked potatoes as well. Then DH came home with chips and queso from a newer mexican place that friend manages. So kids should be stocked with food for next couple days. Son didn't want pickles on his cuban and I was teasing him about trying new stuff or how would he survive next summer in Cuba? He asked why would we be in Cuba? DH piped up "on the cruise". So yeah that is a done deal (plant the seed, let it grow, cultivate at right time as his idea-25 years of marriage wisdom:rotfl2:). And then dinner convo turned to Thanksgiving ( we are hosting again this year-which I don't mind-I love to cook Thanksgiving dinner) and Christmas. And Florida is brought up again-by DH this time. Told him I need a yes or no not a "maybe" by next week as I will have to plan days off, Oldest has already requested days off, and he comes out with his mom was talking about it too:rolleyes1 Fingers crossed we get to Florida to see grandson and newest daughter and SiL over Christmas Holiday! Will sneak in trip to Universal of course (AP's can't go idle now can they?)

DH taking middle to retry her test tomorrow am before school-the testing place we went to today only does testing on Tuesdays and fridays.

Grateful for no politic thread as well. My club is advertising our wreath sale and DH club posting about Wingapalooza-Friend posted on FB today "You may be sick of Wreath and Wingapalooza postings but at least they aren't ads for *** and *** (state senators) You are welcome." her post quickly wracked up the likes LOL!

Debating on doing some laundry...

Mojo pork sounds fabulous!! I never thought of making Cuban sandwiches before.........thanks for the suggestions!!!

Hope the wingapalooza goes well........looking forward to having an update on it!!!

Hi, Homies!

It's been a few years and I just wanted to pop in and say hello. HELLO! We've all been sick at my house and missed Halloween. No problem, we never get trick or treaters this far from town, so we have plenty of candy to go around.

May November be full of food and warmth for all of us.

Welcome back!!!

Lovely to see you post again.........enjoy that candy and don’t be a stranger!!!

Up early again........Kyle off to work soon, then hopefully get through early to dentist office........along with everyone else trying to get through first..........

Starving this morning........tea first............:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Hey, Tude, nice to see ya here. Hope all are feeling better soon. And yep, chocolate helps. ::yes::

:dancer::rockband: Oh so happy it's Friday. And I might say, balmy out. Rain around 5am this morning, so wet commute, but rain has temporarily paused, so dare I say, muggy is the word for today. That, and roulette, chances of rain, with a thunderstorm thrown in. Get your bets in.

Guy Fawkes is not as popular where I am. While I may see a bonfire or two, does not drawl the crowds, and no fireworks that I remember. Yeah, M80's set off near my house drive me crazy. Um, do those fireworks somewhere else.

HeHe, love the car Keisha. HHN style. LOL

MonyK, always good meals at your house too. Just spaghetti and sauce for us. Also cooked some left over chicken breasts, so older one put that in his sauce. A kinda chicken parm, but I didn't bread the chicken. And all complained, somehow I have very little cheese in the house, and cheddar is not acceptable on pasta as annoyed little one said. Fresh Parmesan is her favorite. Well, I'll go shopping this week-end, and we'll be a cheese variety house once again.

So, with that fab Friday to all, and upload_2018-11-2_6-55-29.jpeg. :D

Never saw the appeal of devilled eggs!!! But, I`m not really an egg fan at all...….

Well, managed to get a dentist appointment for this afternoon.....lucky timing!!!

So, hoping he doesn't want to xray as it`s right at the back......gag!!!

Almost time for lunch.......something soft and non chewy...…….hmm. Not sure.

Good morning everyone. The rain has returned, but it’s Friday so I can stay home today and read or nap.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything Guy Fawkes related. I just went and looked him up to refresh my memory of who he was.

I like fireworks that are exploded in the sky, but have never been a fan of sparklers. I grew up in Georgia and we couldn’t purchase fireworks in the state. (Don’t know if that has changed since I left.) People usually went to South Carolina to purchase them.

Thinking of fireworks reminds me of a story when B was about 5 years old. We were visiting my sister for Christmas. DH and I went to dinner for his birthday (Dec. 24) so my sister offered to take B to church with her that night. It was a candlelight service. When my sister tried to light B’s candle she got really upset and wouldn’t let her do it. My sister later tells me that she is concerned about B’s anxiety issues. I told her that B doesn’t have anxiety. She is only 5 and no one has ever handed her fire before. It probably didn’t help that she has recently had a fire safety lesson at school.

Guess I should get ready and take B to school. See y’all later.

Charade, B's lucky she goes in so late. Our senior high starts at 7:20am. Little one gets picked up by friend by 7am. Only older one was smart, his earliest class is 10am.

Dreary looking out, but warm. Was asked if the AC was on. Sure feels like it.

Time for more tea, liking that it's kinda quiet.

Charade, B's lucky she goes in so late. Our senior high starts at 7:20am. Little one gets picked up by friend by 7am. Only older one was smart, his earliest class is 10am.

7:20 is way too early. I ‘m usually not even awake then. B’s school starts at 8:55. There is an optional “zero” period that starts at 7:55. She took the zero period her first 2 years.

I was hoping Mr Mac would eat up our leftover candy

So far, I’m the only one making a dent in that candy bowl

Have a great Friday homies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter