• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Lucky you Mac. Not really. Saw the snow just north of us. Thankfully, it was above freezing, so almost 2 inches of rain instead. It is cool, and will be below freezing tomorrow night. Winter is just around the corner.

Well, it is sunny. Just the ground is mushy from the rain, and not as much wind. Just because we are in the low 40's, it still feels cool.

Hope all will have an awesome weekend!

morning all.

it is 10 degrees right now and even though we shoveled the driveway a few times yesterday, it is a sheet of ice now.
not sure how difficult it will be for getting out today.
streets aren't much better in the neighborhood so i hope it's better monday as errands have to be run that day.

i tell myself that i only have less than two weeks of dealing with winters in the North.
closing on the house in the South and moving soon after.

not able to celebrate thanksgiving or christmas this year but we will see those holidays again in 2016.
growing up in the metro st louis area, i got used to high humidity. that i can deal with, cold i can not.

moving company told us it will take up to 14 days for our furniture to be delivered once they pick it up.

planning on dominoes for dinner thursday.
need to find out if they are opened that day!

Mac you will love winter here...only a few inches at most to deal with instead of a foot of snow :cold:

Happy moving day and turkey is overrated...pizza sounds yummy :flower1:

tink, i looked at past winters and read the area gets a max of 3.5 inches of snow a year.
that i can live with but we are still bringing our snow shovel with us, just in case......lol

Yeah Mac, and you will be like my cousin who lived in NC for some time. She said when ever there was a small amount of snow in the road, people drove crazy. She was so used to the much more snow we usually get, that she had no issue driving.

Safe travels and good wishes for a fast and easy closing. Pizza sounds like a fine last meal of Thanksgiving in your current house. Stay warm.

Hot roast beef sandwiches for us. Football watching tonight.

Hello everyone ... sorry I haven't been around much lately. The end of October and first part of November is a very busy time for us here ... need to go back and see what I've missed (unless someone wants to give me the condensed version??)

Hello everyone ... sorry I haven't been around much lately. The end of October and first part of November is a very busy time for us here ... need to go back and see what I've missed (unless someone wants to give me the condensed version??)
For me, I hate living in the North and moving South soon

Big news is KFish is gonna have a guppy

i'm finally back among the living.
but now i don't have much time to dis.

closing on our house at Tday time period.
back to packing and planning the final move.

figure waffle house in the south will be open on Tday.
no cooking for me that day.
my guys will be going and i'll be staying home with the cats.
i have my priorities.......lol

buyers for our present house we live in, have the inspection tomorrow.
will know after that what we need to complete for that sale to go through.
this house closing will be the week before christmas

once we get through all of the above, need to figure out where to live for 2 weeks until the furniture arrives.

all i know now is i won't be doing any holiday celebrations until next year.

crossing fingers we avoid snowstorms before we move.

hope all is going fine with the homies!

OK, I clearly missed something. You're moving Mac??? Where are you heading???

::yes::

moving South where the average snow fall is only 3 inches a year.....
bought a house and sold ours......

closing in about 8 days from today.

dreading the 13.5 hour drive with the cats in the car.....

th
Yes, it is, we're below freezing, but not as cold as Mac is having. Another extremely bright day though. Hope all are doing well, and ready for the turkey onslaught.

Oh and Mac, don't let the cats pack:
th

Hey Bonny..........:wave2:

I always think of you when we talk of snow........miss your pictures!!

You've not missed much really.......cept mac is on the move.......and, yes, Robbie/Andy is teasing us...........:scratchin

Horrible weekend! Gale force winds finally settled down, hailstones and sleet have stopped, but still so cold! -2 last night! Celsius of course.........

I'm not ready for this winter just yet............:sad2:

Lamb shank in red currant and red wine sauce for dinner tonight........all been slow cooked in crockpot all day today...... ........lush!!!!

Mac, good luck with the long drive with the kitties. Hopefully they'll surprise you with their adaptability. :-)

Lynne and Schumi, it's cold here too. Ick! I'm not a fan of the cold. Why, oh why do I live where I do!?!?!?

Morning all having a cup of coffee catching up on everyone :surfweb:. Saw doctor on Thursday staples out, but drain still in. Hoping it will come out this week or my the latest on Monday th 30th. Still easily tired. My sister and I usually go to Chicago for a shopping trip the first week of December every year. Hope I can make it. Love spending time with my little sis.

Mac good luck on the trip with the kitties :drive:

Lynne thanks for the fun pics

Schumi it's a good thing we don't have smell a dis you would have everyone salivating over your described dinner
tonight :laughing:

By the way thought I would talk dirty for everyone. CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS
that unmentionable word oft spoken to soon. LOL

Tink, Mac, Lynne, Schumi, Mrs Bluer, snoopboop, BagOLaughs and all sending warming thoughts your way.

Where are you moving to macraven? I think our annual snowfall is less than 3 inches a year where I am. We didn't get a single flake last year but we've had 3 inches on very rare occasions. It was 36 degrees at 9am this morning though, so we're colder than I like today. (High in the mid 50's - so passable).

*Just looked up my average snow fall and it's 0.9 inches. The record is 8 inches and that was in 2010. We went 4-5 years in a row without seeing a single snow flake once.

Now there's an idea! Smell-a-Dis. Imagine trip reports enhanced with Smell-a-Dis!!!

I can almost imagine that!!!!

Still far too early for the C word..........

Dinner was lush indeed.......went down well with my guys..........I finished off a tub of Ben & Jerry's Caramel chew chew afterwards........nothing like eating it straight from the tub........my mother would be horrified.......::yes::

Almost bed time here.......in about an hour or so......been raining solidly and heavy for about 5 hours......least it's not snow!

OK, has there ever been a recipe sharing thread here? Because schumi's meal descriptions give me a rumbly in my tumbly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter