Something About Nothing ... #12

Hi Homies! Anyplace to post a totally Disney Free road trip? Anyway, just back from the the National and State and sometimes Navaho park trip. I have about 780 photos now that I have edited them.

Looks like I missed some birthdays and other events. Anyway, I am home now.

Wow Agavegirl, that sounds like you had an awesome trip. I've seen trip reports in the Community Board, the Southern California Board, and a Dad posted his in the DAD's Board. So, either way, I'd like to see your pictures. I love the parks in our country.

Mac, a streaker! :D Hope your feet are feeling better and healing from the sun damage.

Belle, time is passing quickly! You'll be in the Dark Side before you know it.

48 degrees this morning, but hoping to be around 70 in the afternoon. Now that the sun is up, I thought I was wearing black, well, it's dark blue, or eek, dark green. Guess I need better lighting! :tilt:

th

Oh yes it is. Soccer tonight, jacket definitely needed. Once that sun goes down, cool temps arrive quick. I hate night games. Need the blanket too, those metal seats in the stands get cold!

Now comes the time to pack up and move to Pop for a day of fun at Epcot...looking forward to Food & Wine...not looking forward to retuning to the real world on Wednesday night.

Our trip is going to be just at the end of Food & Wine... Thought about taking a day from Uni to go, but this trip is going to be so short as it is... I couldn't justify it! Maybe next year. The DisUnplugged podcast has not been very complimentary of Food & Wine this year. Let us know what you think!

Morning everyone :wave2: Having my morning cup of java and checking out what's happening with the dis family :surfweb:

Lynne love the Tuesday kitty. Enjoy your soccer game.

Tinyd have noticed since the initial problem with dis a few weeks ago it occasionally has a few hiccups still now and again.

Granddaughter asked me Sunday if we were taking our usual trip to Universal in May and I said of course. We are going to stay longer this time. Also talked with my younger sister and we are diffently doing HHN next year.

Sister and her hubby and grandsons on their way to Florida this morning. Going to hit Legoland and Universal.

Mac you have beautiful hair. That is awesome that you have donated your locks over the years. Hope the feet feel better soon :hug:

Have to go do my exercise this morning. Enough with the stalling. Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Group hug to all who need it this am :grouphug:

We had a great day at Epcot today...checked out of CB and went straight to Pop...room wasn't ready so we hopped on the bus after dropping off our bags. Rode Soarin, Spaceship Earth, Mission Space and Test Track then we hit the food booths and ate and drank ourselves silly, went to a seminar at 3, enjoyed the chase lounge for an hour while charging our phones, hit a few more food booths, listened to smash mouth sing then topped the night off with the Illuminations sparkling dessert party...:faint:
It was fun but boy am I tired.

My favorite...the Kalua pork slider from Hawaii and the grilled shrimp from Australia...yum.

Raven...hope your foot feels better today :goodvibes

Vicki, wore sandals one day at the dark side and issues returned
Back to square one

Sounds like you and trey had a great Epcot day!

Wish I was there to hear that band

Doing the combo house day tour tomorrow
Excited!

Oh Mac, I hope your issues get resolved soon. No more wearing those sandals!

It's Wednesday, and that means,

th
Ok, the sun is just about up in the horizon. Hope all are having a good time. Will be seeing the minions soon!

Oh Mac, I hope your issues get resolved soon. No more wearing those sandals!

It's Wednesday, and that means,

th
Ok, the sun is just about up in the horizon. Hope all are having a good time. Will be seeing the minions soon!

It's Wednesday??

That means it's Friday for us. We leave in the AM to join Mac and homies.

Dang Schum...we just missed y'all! :sad2:
Did you leave anything good to eat!!??? :cake:

4 more days 'till wheels up here! I'll probably "pack" when I get up to go to the airport. :rolleyes1

Yeah sorry we missed you.......plenty good food left for ya.........we're last minute packers too........don't understand manic planners who pack months ahead??? Why? But then I'm not a planner......never will be.......

Hope you have a blast........

Vicki, wore sandals one day at the dark side and issues returned
Back to square one

Doing the combo house day tour tomorrow
Excited!

And I'm telling you to stay in bed today.......I forgot what day it is.........have fun, look forward to hearing all about it.........put those sandals back in suitcase and forget about them..........keep an eye out for the plane at RP being removed this week sometime or into next week.........

Vicki......glad you had nice time too.........was lovely catching up again with you both.........

Jet lag is whooping us this year.......had a blast though!

Highlights were definitely HHN, RPR, relaxing in Club Lounge with some chilled wine before heading out for dinner somewhere, parks, meeting friends and just about everything else..........

Annoyances were smokers, people moaning about prices, and generally moaning about tiny little things.......couldn't believe some of the things we heard people whine about.........

But just had the best time ever.........as always.

Last edited:
Glad you are home safe and sound Schumi, and had a lovely time. Jet lag is no fun. Hope your are over it soon.

Wahoo to Bluers! I'll be there Sunday, so maybe we will cross paths. I'd like one of your AP stickers, if you still have some. Thanks!

It's Wednesday??

That means it's Friday for us. We leave in the AM to join Mac and homies.

In case I miss you and not around much next couple of days.......have a wonderful trip with Mrs and little bluer........although I know you will.........:)

Say hi to mrsbluer from me too........:flower:

Good morning all! Happy Wednesday!

I only had one cup of coffee this morning. This may be rough. Would have stopped for a Starbucks on the way to work but we've been having attitude issues with my oh-so-close-to-being-a-teenager DD, and I wasn't willing to reward bad behavior with Starbucks treats.... which means, unfortunately, that I didn't get anything either. The sacrifices we make as parents. :P (On a serious note, any protips for dealing with a preteen who has to be contrary ALL. THE. TIME.?????)

Schumi, here's hoping that the jet lag eases up soon!!!

Bluer, get the parks warmed up for me! Only a few weeks until it's my turn!!!! :dogdance:

Snoop........I was that teenager......only with my dad though.......I was a mummy's girl.........just agree with her......drove me mad if my dad did that......took him a while to work it out though.......lol.......I turned out OK.......I think!! Yep....hope jet lag eases soon......doesn't normally hit us as hard as this.......

Not long till you're trip now though.......you must be so excited!!!

Now I want Starbucks............

If anyone is meeting up at all (dinner at Citywalk, etc.), please let me know as I'd love to meet some of you! I have my Navy DS home just this weekend so we probably will be focusing on F&W so also if you'll be at Epcot, let me know! I think we'll be at HS on Saturday and Epcot tomorrow and Friday. Once he leaves Monday morning I could also meet folks wherever - Mac had mentioned something about a possible meet-up on the 12th? Janet - what's going on with you? I at least want to say hi somewhere in there!!

Our trip is going to be just at the end of Food & Wine... Thought about taking a day from Uni to go, but this trip is going to be so short as it is... I couldn't justify it! Maybe next year. The DisUnplugged podcast has not been very complimentary of Food & Wine this year. Let us know what you think!

I've only been to F&W last year and this year but think it seems about the same? What were they critical about? We've enjoyed what we got although crowds were pretty high on Saturday (not shocking, I know). I would say it might not be worth it at the very end since the crowds only seemed to increase exponentially as time went on last year. We went the last weekend with our son who was just home a couple days....went to one booth, got a drink, and decided to take the boat over to HS instead since it was just insane in WS.

Marciemi, they were mostly critical of the lack of value for the money and the inconsistency of the food, especially in terms of some things being, say, overcooked one day and undercooked the next.

Schumi, I am SO excited!!!! It'll be my SO's first Uni trip so I'm crossing my fingers that he loves it even a teeny fraction of the amount that I do!! (And I just may try your idea of simply agreeing with Ms. Contrary!!!) :-)

Marcie, hoping Mac will join Gina and her DH and me for dinner the night of the 12, since there's no HHN. You are more than welcome to say hello that day, as I'll be there starting Sunday, the 11th.

Snoop - my DD is 14, diva behavior started long ago. There are days that I'd like to call her not so nice names, as she can out curse a sailor! Foul mouth and attitude. All I can say is I've heard they become nicer when near the 20's. Um, I need something stronger than coffee sometimes! LOL No, other than just pick your battles and ignore some of the eye rolls, and other that I've gotten used to! Hang in there.

Morning everyone :surfweb:.

Wow. There should be mom medals for having adolescent daughters. Lynne and Snoop sounds like you both deserve them. I never had any little girls. I have a son who was a sweet little boy who has grown into a sweet man. I was lucky it sounds like. He on occasion sprouted minor horns on the top of his head as a teen but, nothing major. I hope this doesn't sound like a cliche but, they will grow out of it and realize they have great moms at some point. Hang in there.

Now come to think of it my mom could have probably used a medal for raising 4 wild children.:-)

Have a great Wednesday.

Marcie, hoping Mac will join Gina and her DH and me for dinner the night of the 12, since there's no HHN. You are more than welcome to say hello that day, as I'll be there starting Sunday, the 11th.

Snoop - my DD is 14, diva behavior started long ago. There are days that I'd like to call her not so nice names, as she can out curse a sailor! Foul mouth and attitude. All I can say is I've heard they become nicer when near the 20's. Um, I need something stronger than coffee sometimes! LOL No, other than just pick your battles and ignore some of the eye rolls, and other that I've gotten used to! Hang in there.

Hey Lynne - where are you guys meeting? Mac had mentioned the 12th so hopefully she's planning on it. Do I need a reservation somewhere? Mac has my cell or feel free to PM me for it if you'd like to coordinate. I have an AP so could meet over there with you guys (in or out of the parks). Hope we can work it out! What nights are you doing HHN? Looks like we're shooting for the 18th now before our passes expire on the 19th!

Marcie,
We're thinking Margaritaville and then maybe golfing. Though I am not a good golfer. I was going to make a ressie, but not knowing the number, I figured we could last minute reserving it, or just use one of our room keys to try to bump the waiting line. Just let me know, it would be great to see you and enjoy a meal together. We might be a rowdy bunch! :D:rotfl:

Oh and I'm not doing HHN, but the unmasking tours on the 14th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter