Something About Nothing ... #12

[QUOTE="Lynne G, post: 55655775, member: 233554]

Mac, I am definitely not a country girl. LOL.[/QUOTE]

When I see the words of raccoons, chickens, etc in the same paragraph, I don't think of city living

If you had mentioned horse then that would have been the real hint I was looking at the country

Lol
But Mr Ed wasn't used so I was wrong

[QUOTE="Lynne G, post: 55655775, member: 233554]

Mac, I am definitely not a country girl. LOL.

When I see the words of raccoons, chickens, etc in the same paragraph, I don't think of city living

If you had mentioned horse then that would have been the real hint I was looking at the country

Lol
But Mr Ed wasn't used so I was wrong[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is, that people around where I live do own horses too. City people too. We're just a residential area with lots of green. Raccoons and our small red foxes are rarely seen, they're night or dusk hunters. My neighbor got chickens because he wanted fresh eggs, and thought maybe later, a chicken dinner. Well, they have become pets, so I doubt those birds will ever be served for dinner. I do enjoy getting the eggs from the neighbor though. The price of eggs at the grocery store have increased significantly.

Hope you are enjoying a cup of coffee. It's still cool inside, so I'm already ready for my 3rd cup of tea. Hot tea today.

And, waiting leisurely to be listed on your October HHN thread. It still seems too far away. I keep checking my car rates, airfare, and Uni Hotel. I don't think I can do any better with my mouse ressies. Ahhh, the talk of vacation, smile on my face. I'd like some Florida or Georgia warmth right now though.

Gee I forgot to include foxes.... Lol

I will get the threa up this weekend

I was hoping the Hhn site would release more info by now

The have the Hhn dates listed and yesterday the added the 12 th back in the schedule
I've been watching it and first it was ion then off and now back in the calendar for Hhn

Tomorrow will be warmer and humid here
Not complaining but me Mac is

I grew up in humid weather and had no issues with it

Big Happy Anniversary wishes to Mac and her mr Mac party:..........have lovely dinner out tonight.........

And hope our lovely Keisha and her mister have a fantastic trip away too :boat:.........hurry back though youse will be missed........:hug:

Time to complain to someone about our weather........it sucks!!! It's May on Sunday..........

Went out with friend for the day and came back in frozen......even shops seemed cooler today. And didn't buy anything either.........had nice lunch though.........

Lynne, we too buy eggs from our farmer neighbours, eggs are cheap here so they're not cheaper than store bought ones........but they are excellent quality and fresh so I don't mind paying more. They do occasionally gift us some too which is nice......we get on well with them and donate some of our fruit from trees to them.......do get chutneys, jams and stuff back too........:D

Off for cup of tea :coffee:

oooh, It's the Mac's anniversary. :bride: all those years ago. Congratulations! Dinner out to celebrate would be nice. That's what we usually do.

And me too, we're usually steamy with the summer heat, so I don't mind humidity either.

:coffee:

Big Happy Anniversary wishes to Mac and her mr Mac party:..........have lovely dinner out tonight.........

And hope our lovely Keisha and her mister have a fantastic trip away too :boat:.........hurry back though youse will be missed........:hug:

Time to complain to someone about our weather........it sucks!!! It's May on Sunday..........

Went out with friend for the day and came back in frozen......even shops seemed cooler today. And didn't buy anything either.........had nice lunch though.........

Lynne, we too buy eggs from our farmer neighbours, eggs are cheap here so they're not cheaper than store bought ones........but they are excellent quality and fresh so I don't mind paying more. They do occasionally gift us some too which is nice......we get on well with them and donate some of our fruit from trees to them.......do get chutneys, jams and stuff back too........:D

Off for cup of tea :coffee:

Ditto with Happy Stuff MAC and MAC's Squeeze!!! Here's to many more!

We have a neighbor that we "compete with" frequently...kinda like "Leftover Warfare"...He's a single Dude with virtually no family-of which we have spares-So we enjoy sharing our good fortune when it occurs!
Dude can cook though!!!

Ditto with Happy Stuff MAC and MAC's Squeeze!!! Here's to many more!

We have a neighbor that we "compete with" frequently...kinda like "Leftover Warfare"...He's a single Dude with virtually no family-of which we have spares-So we enjoy sharing our good fortune when it occurs!
Dude can cook though!!!

That sounds fun!!!! My DH is an expert with the outdoor grill......what we call the bbq.........but ask him to cook inside and he just doesn't!! To be fair I don't mind as I love cooking........but hey ho.........

Wish Mad Hattered still posted over here.........where is that guy???? He used to post all sorts of pics of food being cooked in all sorts of places.........miss that guy........used to tell him him and his good lady should open a B&B.......looked that good!!

Thought of something I don't like about humidity..........makes my hair go bananas.......

Not quite Monica in Friends in Barbados.......but close enough..........:crazy:

Thanks for the kind congrats homies

Yea can't believe Mr Mac and I have survived this long together ........
Hope to have many more years with my sweet heart
We have 3 things in common
Kids, Kats, and civil war interests

Well there is more but just listed the important ones :love2:

:bday:
For buckeev's daughter

You need to frame that pic
...Her and G.I. Joe have been trying to have "their own baby"-to use their words-for several years. Each has a 9 y/o from previous fiascos...errrr..marriages. This was indeed a miracle! They've spent roughly the equivalent of 3 or 4 nice Orlando trips on attempted clinical procedures and had stopped in January because of failed plantings. 4 months later...Lo-and-BEHOLD!!! SURPRISE! I'm thinking DANG! I couldda "CLUB SUITE'd" BOTH of my Universal trips this year with that $$$!!! :love1:

Needless to say...They won't be going with us in December...Her due date is our "wheels up" day for most of our travel party. Baring any complications...she's on her own for the first two weeks!

How did I miss this ?

I had 6 cups of coffee and thought I was awake when reading here

Big congrats to buckeev's offspring!

I hope they name the baby buckeev after dear ol dad

well, it was hot at christmas time and thru/past new years this year in georgia.
had temps up to 80 on a few days.

kept thinking i was going to wake up to snow each morning.
now i am over those nightmares of snow
a year from now i will whine about the heat which will make me a true southern.

tinyD, at what point will it improve for the vacation rental places you have?
a few weeks?
i know it will take years to get the improvements down for the beach.
I don't think I understand the question? What do you mean by at what point do they improve?

And yeah you're right on Christmas this year but it's normally not like that. I usually can at least wear jeans and not have a heat stroke by then.

Last edited:
...Her and G.I. Joe have been trying to have "their own baby"-to use their words-for several years. Each has a 9 y/o from previous fiascos...errrr..marriages. This was indeed a miracle! They've spent roughly the equivalent of 3 or 4 nice Orlando trips on attempted clinical procedures and had stopped in January because of failed plantings. 4 months later...Lo-and-BEHOLD!!! SURPRISE! I'm thinking DANG! I couldda "CLUB SUITE'd" BOTH of my Universal trips this year with that $$$!!! :love1:

Needless to say...They won't be going with us in December...Her due date is our "wheels up" day for most of our travel party. Baring any complications...she's on her own for the first two weeks!

That is lovely to hear........after waiting so long, precious! And amount of times you hear of folks trying and then it happens naturally after all is amazing to hear. Happened to my old hairdresser. Two years of "messing and fiddling"......her words........ stopped for a while to gather thoughts and fell pregnant........they have two little miracles now.........

Talking of hairdresser..........thought I had a backup at salon after my regular girl left.......nope, backup has left too.........just made appointment for someone new..........:eek: Always nervous after being used to same girls for years.........fingers crossed..........

mac - im singing old flintsones bit - happy anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniversary...tell mr mac he hit it lucky

buckeev - 1st time gramps? congrats.

thanks tummy has decided it wants to take jr out to lunch. will give me time to lay down the law re housesitting:) he's reliable, just want to touch base when he doen't have something electronic distracting him.

goND - u had me @ notre dame but really caught my eye re the mention of BC deal.:yay:Love it there, if we didn't usually have DVC points to use, it would be our 1st choice. Booked via hotwire last trip, would go with VRBO next. Who'd you book thru?

still have garment bag to stuff, few other details to polish off before we leave. Our family has experienced a most difficult month, cannot say how much we are looking forward to this trip to try and decompress.

Have a great vacation Keisha. Well deserved, and hope the weather is perfect. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Food with the jr to bribe him. LOL Yep, DS did some house sitting the other long week-end, and I had to deliver his gaming system. Guess the cable TV, that we don't have, was not enough to keep him busy.

Happy Friday Eve Homies!

@buckeev CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

@macraven Happy Anniversary to the MACS!!

@schumigirl the little bit of this and little bit of that is what makes it sooooo yummmy. i don't follow recipes correctly anyway. i just look at them as other people's suggestions. ha! have fun shopping! hope the weather gets better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter