Something About Nothing ... #12

went out to eat at a tex mex place and it wasn't bad at all.
portions were huge so ended up bringing a portion of mine back home.
i have no idea why i do that as once it is in the fridge overnight, it doesn't heat up well and just gets tossed in the garbage can....

Sounds like me too.

Which part Mr. B?...You don't heat up well...or ya get tossed in the garbage can? :magnify:

Y'all have PHUN!!!

Well the slop I made (baked lemon garlic chicken) didn't turn out like i thought it would
Mr Mac eats everything i cook even if he doesn't like it
Didn't happen that way tonight

Gave him a box of Russell stover chocolates to eat

Going out soon to Arby's for sandwiches

Pizza night will be Sunday
WD on and I'll be in front of the tv

Hey all...man have I missed a lot! I just skimmed through since I was 6 pages behind. Hope everyone is feeling better and staying warm. Sorry to hear about the job Robbie!

My appendix decided to be a jerk and rupture on me last Thursday. I've been home for about 5 days now, and I'm finally able to sit upright at the computer again. Short of any more of my organs deciding to mutiny, I'll be around :)

View attachment 151099
:faint: so sorry to hear, scary stuff. Glad to hear you're on the mend. Keep a handle on those remaining organs! Are you well medicated to keep away the pain?

carole i remember mac super-trooping it to HHN after her appendix ordeal. Ditto for DH after being hospitalized for the pneunomia. Gotta have those priorities in order:p. Speaking of which, vacation is high on my list. Employer has been jerking employees around for over 6 months, but when they mess with vacation time - it's on!:hyper:

grocery store as expected pre snow/cold-maggedon. My usual shopping day, got the bare minimum and booked on out of there. Wound up making shrimp scampi for the mr, rigatoni casserole for me & middle DS and spaghetti for jr.

going to crack a bottle of wine and settle down with Goosebumps movie, then brush up on last few episodes of TWD. Mr Ramsey gives me a headache with all that screaming, but to each their own!

went out to eat at a tex mex place and it wasn't bad at all.
portions were huge so ended up bringing a portion of mine back home.
i have no idea why i do that as once it is in the fridge overnight, it doesn't heat up well and just gets tossed in the garbage can....

Which part Mr. B?...You don't heat up well...or ya get tossed in the garbage can? :magnify:

Y'all have PHUN!!!

Could be both, lol.

We had Hotdog Hall Of Fame. We weren't to hungry so that was fine.

Back in the room and going to chill before hitting the hay.

Never heard of Russel Stover chocolates??? Never been to Arby's either..........

Janet....yes, your husband was a trooper too......I remember that!! Yeah messing with vacations would turn me into a raging tigress.........we're watching Goosebumps tonight if friends don't pop in.........wine last night so maybe a pitcher of cocktails tonight..........

Raining this morning..........just had hailstones after having brilliant sunshine..........some snow and that's all seasons in one hour!!!

Waiting to go out this afternoon.............Indian takeout tonight..........Chinese for DS who doesn't really like curries........we like em hot!!!

Off to do some laundry.........have a great Saturday........

Thanks for all the love everyone!

Sorry to hear about your Dec trip Keisha! Hope things get better.

With everyone chatting about foods, I want pizza and ice cream now; or some Arby's!

Happy anniversary Bluers!
upload_2016-2-13_8-7-57.jpeg

Kivara glad to hear you are doing better. Thank you for the anniversary wishes. I love the minions!
We are having a great time. The weather is wonderful. A little crowded in the parks but that was expected.
Keisha sorry to hear about Dec trip. Something better will come up I'm sure. Hope everyone is doing well and having a great Valentines weekend.

Happy anniversary Bluer and Mrs Bluer♥️

Have the bestest day of the year

I hope you all had ice cream and cake for breakfast
Bet little bluer would like that

Kivara hope each day you feel better and stronger!
It will take you a bit of time to recover

Schumi the things you said you did not know about are on the cheap end of foods
But I love them..........lol
Russel stover is chocolates
Arby's is a fast food roast beef sandwich place, all over the north and down here where I am

I adore Indian food, have a feast tonight!

goosebumps and wine seem to go together well.

just got back from an Arbys run.

vodka worked, DH cracked a beer before I could inform him of my plans. mixed it with mango cranberry juice and ginger ale w/some sliced fruit. may have to refine that recipe again tonight

i joke no idea exacty from whence the 'meat' originates but enough horsey/BBQ makes it go down smooth. Our local one has a 5 for $5 happy hour.

kivara - how long did dr tell you to stay off work/recovery time?

should've booked the airfare yesterday and cancelled if we didn't get the replacement week we wanted for vacation. Way down doubled overnight:crazy:.

Hello from the artic north. Ok, just the weather. Darn frozen pipes this morning. Told the kids to keep flushing the toilet upstairs, to keep the cold water line unfrozen. :rolleyes1

Chinese tonight sounds good. DD has a game at dinner time, so late dinner for us.

Kivara, sending you more good wishes for a fast recovery.

Bluers, happy anniversay wishes! Sounds like a fun time in the park.

Mac, made such a good chicken meal last night, no left overs. I usually get at least one kid that does not like what I cook. Guess I got lucky this time.

Keisha, sorry to hear in the jump in air fare. I am kinda scared what SW will start out offering next week. I will book at the crack of dawn for Christmas. I want the flights I want, as for some strange reason, SW has very few direct flights to orlando.

Valentine wishes to all!​

Happy anniversary to the Bluers :love: Hope you have a blast at the parks.

Wishing Kivara a speedy recovery...take it easy and get lots of rest.

Carole...you've never had Arbys and I've never had Indian food...I think we're both missing out on something good.

Lynne...sending warm wishes your way :sunny:

Janet...maybe SW will have a good sale...I think the flights usually go on sale in March and around Memorial day...good luck.

Watching TWD marathon to gear up for tomorrow...trying to keep my mind off the smell of the roast in the crock pot which is a few hours from being done.

Now I'm on the claimed gang episodes...too disturbing but what isn't on this show which is why we love it.

Have a great weekend homies :flower1:

Last edited:
Hope the Bluers are having a lovely anniversary weekend.........:wave2: I'm sure they are though........

and a very Happy Anniversary to Mr and Mrs Keisha..........party:have a lovely day Janet........:hug:

Vicki......you've never had Indian food? I'm kinda limited now with what I can have but nothing like a hot curry on an cold Saturday night..........:thumbsup2 Never had it America though.........Arby's has never been on our playlist so to speak.......will check out a menu.......hope the crock pot dinner was good!

Mac.........Indian food was lush........I do like a roast beef sandwich!!

Janet, I have a headache..........I kind of recreated your cocktail from above, added a little lime and some peach schnapps..........but.........I may have added a little too much vodka :faint: Sent DH out for ginger ale after I read that as we didn't have any.......came back and made two large pitchers as friends were coming around after all.........just got a txt from one saying what did I put in them!! Oh dear...........:scratchin

Lazy Sunday ahead........having an early cup of tea before anyone else gets up......then bacon sandwiches on the menu.........going to make lemon chicken for me for tonight (thanks for the idea mac) and something else for them as they don't like lemon chicken.........will add ginger as it's just for me!

Hope it turns out better Than my disaster yesterday........made a caramel sauce that I've made loads of times.....same way every time........it didn't take. Ended up a grainy lumpy pile of sweetness.........tasted nice but it was no sauce.......lol no caramel sauce with dessert last night........

Have a great Sunday.........:wave2:

Happy A day to Keisha and her Mr!❤️

Happy Vday to all the homies and readers !

Carole I think we should make you the honorary drink mixer
You are creative and make everyone happy
Your last night guests even called you the next day to umm, thank youse

I think we should live next door to each other cause you make the bestest food and drink

Woot
WD tonight!!

We'd never get any housework done if I lived next door Mac........lol......can you imagine!!!!

I'll be honorary cocktail barmaid anytime.........::yes:: Gotta be good at something.......:woohoo:Enjoy that WD tonight.........

We have snow. It's cold. Went out to do a little shopping........didn't stay out long at all......plan to watch the 1944 film Gaslight today with Ingrad Bergman........one of my favourites.....lazy day.

Happy Anniversay to Janet and Dave.

Thanks everyone for the wishes. Our real date is tomorrow though, but we celebrate for the weekend.

Just returned from the character breakfast in Islands dinning room. Good buffet as usual. We are packed up and getting ready to hit the parks for a few before driving home.

I hope you had bananas on your plate and the camera ready

Have fun in the parks before you start the drive home

We're the parks packed this weekend?
Was Diana Ross concert good?

Happy Valentines to all, grab 'something' and give it a big squeeze. Thanks for the congrats. I was gifted with a 'free' vacation from the mr. Since he pays for them all, i'll term it a bonus trip lol furiously trying to get things in place to hit U for Mardi Gras. All we need is his company to approve the week, hard to do when they aren't picking up the phone.:hyper:

carole - joke here is I only need "one" of my special cocktails to have my attitude adjusted. So, was that a "good" sort of what did you put into them call?:rotfl:

lynne - hope those pipes thawed without breaking.

mac - got your "do not disturb" sign up yet for TWD viewing? I tend to tape it, then barricade myself in bedroom so nobody disturbs me.

Finally, got a pizza last night, which came cold. ah well, one of the few foods that could possibly be better that way. Trying to decide whether to send the mr out in what is now -1 temperature this evening or just fry those steaks in a pan. Lobster tails w/lots of butter and rice, my heart is seizing just thinking about it.

Oldest DS is in Ottawa to present at another conference, he sent me screen shot of their forecast for today, a high of -24:faint: not to be confused with windchill.

GD won a party at outdoor skating rink for today. No way am I'm going to stand outside today or strap on skates in this weather. Videos on the cell phone next best thing to being there:duck:

One more episode of Walking Dead for me to be refreshed. :bounce:

Happy Anniversary to Mr & Mrs Keisha! Have a great day :love:
Happy Valentines Day to everyone.
Hope everyone is feeling good.
It was packed last night for the concert so we didn't stick around. I'm sure we will be able to see the concert on you tube. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter