Something About Nothing..........# 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well good morning folks!!

I officially have TWO MONTHS until I leave on a jet plane. It won't be for almost a whole week until I hit the parks, but being in FL is fine by me. Going to Sanibel to rest on the beach before I do any parks.

do have to leave here in a couple of hours, son gets to sit in a dentist chair for a couple of hours today. i drive he doesn't so bbl...... when that times comes.

Good wishes for DS .......in the chair for a couple of hours :sad1: wouldn`t fancy that. Hope it goes well for him.

Janet.....wow that`s hot!!!! Very hot :eek:

Been busy last couple of days putting some decking in the garden......it was not easy in the heat wave we are enjoying over here. Well when I say "we"....it was technically DH and his friend, DS and me kind of supervising from the shade of the gazebo :rolleyes1

I did bring them a constant supply of cold drinks, ice lollies and suncream.......I was invaluable really :thumbsup2

It looks lovely though, very pleased with it.

Also got our ROF tickets for HHN.....planning on going 20th, 21st, 26th maybe 27th. Won`t be going 28th as that is our last full night and we usually spend that in Margaritaville......tradition. But we`ll see.

Todd......Louie`s before????? Kyle said it`s a tradition to go there with you now :hug:

Hope everyone`s doing good :goodvibes

I'm going to go with the FFP plus Fridays ticket this year...no Express...too much money. Since I work ten minutes from Universal and have to drive past it every day it's gonna be easy to stop for a few hours on my way home.

So Janet...we can finally do dinner this year! :cool1:

I'll be hanging with Raven some nights too and any new friends we meet along the way.

it's been years:banana: mac will be there too. we'll be at finnegans @ 4:30 pm, planning on hanging until they release the hounds.

mac I get u;). Not sure which thread ur referencing, but we've run into construction primarily as to the exterior stucco replacement and the subsequent Trompe L'Oeil application the last two trips. IMO it really is a work of art. I always am floored by those who derisively term it 'fake':rolleyes:, but likely the reason it's taking so long and requiring extensive scaffolding to ensure the safety of the artisans.

We had our windows taped over last October in a bay view suite and the compressors were noisy early in the am, i'll term it a wake up call of sorts. They progressed onto the section of the resort that faces the long length of the quiet pool during our June visit and were doing some work on the tall building area there (furthermost end away from main pool). The front of the resort was also heavily under work at that time.

I'd term it a necessary inconvenience. If it was a trip of a lifetime, perhaps i'd feel differently about it but you learn not to sweat the small stuff you can't control when traveling or it can fester and ruin the whole trip. I do think resorts should advise guests on their website if a property is under construction and send emails to those who have already booked as a courtesy. I didn't receive any on either trip, not sure if others have or not.

Todd......Louie`s before????? Kyle said it`s a tradition to go there with you now :hug:
Of course! :teeth:

it's been years:banana: mac will be there too. we'll be at finnegans @ 4:30 pm, planning on hanging until they release the hounds.
Sounds like a winner to me. I can stay for HHN but isn't that the night you guys usually do the RIP Tour or is it another night?

Of course! :teeth:

Sounds like a winner to me. I can stay for HHN but isn't that the night you guys usually do the RIP Tour or is it another night?

yes Friday is the RIP, will be nice to see u after so long at dinner at least.

we'll be doing Thursday too, but realize u have work the next day.

I look forward to the day we'll be able to do Saturday & Sunday again but work comes first

gotta drink my coffee then go look for that thread ...

do have to leave here in a couple of hours, son gets to sit in a dentist chair for a couple of hours today. i drive he doesn't so bbl...... when that times comes.

i found thread; its the "if youre staying at hr,rp or pbh start here". she said they were doing a lot of the exteriors. when we were there in nov., they were painting the bay side. if I remember correctly, they had closed west wing off because they were revamping the rooms. I always stay in villa wing over looking villa pool and if they are doing that, I may have to rethink. im going to call hotel directly to find out and if they are, I will just ask for west wing instead. I have it on my youfirst preference as villa wing, so will just change that closer to when we go. even a bad room at pbh is nicer than any other hotel. on second thought, im pretty sure I don't want to stay in east wing cuz its the pet wing. macraven, I hope you're son is feeling okay. there is really nothing fun about sitting in dentist office for 2 hours. nothing.

yes, that must be the thread ........i think.....

son is hanging in there.
he broke a back molar and doing a root canal.
well, he has two teeth that are being crowned and today we found he needs a wisdom tooth pulled.

he's still asleep and thinking of what to fix for him to eat later tonight.
all i can think of is fried egg sandwich
and a beer.

we have had some heat this week which is out of the ordinary.
being close to the lake, we don't usually hit the 90's.

i will take hot weather any day over cold weather.
no complaints from me on this week.

i bought my hhn tixs this morning.
one less thing on my list to do.

i found thread; its the "if youre staying at hr,rp or pbh start here". she said they were doing a lot of the exteriors. when we were there in nov., they were painting the bay side. if I remember correctly, they had closed west wing off because they were revamping the rooms. I always stay in villa wing over looking villa pool and if they are doing that, I may have to rethink. im going to call hotel directly to find out and if they are, I will just ask for west wing instead. I have it on my youfirst preference as villa wing, so will just change that closer to when we go. even a bad room at pbh is nicer than any other hotel. on second thought, im pretty sure I don't want to stay in east wing cuz its the pet wing. macraven, I hope you're son is feeling okay. there is really nothing fun about sitting in dentist office for 2 hours. nothing.

see my previous post, by 'quiet' pool I was referencing the villa one, not the hillside. Please post back as to what they say when u call.

mac ow for ur son, beer might just be the best medicine right now for him.

yes, that must be the thread ........i think.....

son is hanging in there.
he broke a back molar and doing a root canal.
well, he has two teeth that are being crowned and today we found he needs a wisdom tooth pulled.

he's still asleep and thinking of what to fix for him to eat later tonight.
all i can think of is fried egg sandwich
and a beer.

we have had some heat this week which is out of the ordinary.
being close to the lake, we don't usually hit the 90's.

i will take hot weather any day over cold weather.
no complaints from me on this week.

i bought my hhn tixs this morning.
one less thing on my list to do.

Boy that's a lot of work in one day for teeth and to top it off with a future wisdom tooth pull.:scared1:

We have been have tons of rain down here. Today was the first day with no rain in quite a while. But it was still cloudy and humid.

We bought our tickets for HHN yesterday so we are all set too. :banana:

So I had a good news bad news thing today. So last week, after I knew my stepmom was gonna send me money to help with my phone, I went to ACE and got a pay day loan so I could get the phone before the check came, since I needed my phone, with the intention of paying off today when I got paid. Well, since they set it up for 2 weeks and I paid it off early, they waived the fees so I only paid back the original $500 that I owed, giving me an extra $150 for me! :cheer2: But then my electric bill was in the mail. It has never gone over $40 since I've been in this apt (I moved in in Oct?). Well, this month it's almost $90!! :headache: Oh well, will try to turn the air down more when I leave for work.

But, also on the bright side, my stepmom sent me $350 instead of the $300 I asked for, so that's what I used for my Bernadette Peters ticket. And I still had some exta left over from the $150 to get my HHN EP, and buy the new Evil Dead on Blu-Ray (cause nothing is more fun than hi-def gore!)

Hey guys, quick question.. does anyone know how to delete a thread on here (if you're the user who started it?)

Thanks in advance!!

My very first post- it is in Uk Trip Planning Forum and it was titled help been put in a very awkward position... thanks so much! my friend is planning on joining dis and I don't want her to see that.

Thanks again!

My very first post- it is in Uk Trip Planning Forum and it was titled help been put in a very awkward position... thanks so much! my friend is planning on joining dis and I don't want her to see that.

Thanks again!
Mods only have authority over the areas they are assigned. Send a PM to one of the Mods over on the UK board and they can delete it for you. I only handle the Universal and SeaWorld sections.

hi Mac:wave:

Just a quick hello to everyone...I have to leave for work soon.

Hope all of you have a great weekend:goodvibes:

I should say good afternoon. :) just got done doing a quick house clean while it going to rainy again today. I was going to wash DW's vehicle but I looked out and rain, oh well.

hi Mac:wave:

Just a quick hello to everyone...I have to leave for work soon.

Hope all of you have a great weekend:goodvibes:

hey homie !!

good to see you here.

do you have plans yet for your fall trip?
keep in contact with me so we can hook up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter