• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Someone restrain me

MariDisney

Queen of the World
If my 7 year old DD tells me to "hold on" one more time this week I can not be held accountable for my actions!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scared1: :scared1: :headache: :headache: :crazy2: :eek: :hyper: :crazy2:

My 8 yr. old DGD is constantly telling her mom. "Wait a minute" and it drives her NUTS!!!!! I think if she said, "Get lost!" it would go over better.. :rotfl2:

my DD7 will say Im busy...in the tone of voice that drives me insane

I once told my daughter that she should say something like "just a minute" so I know she heard me when I ask her to do something. She took that as an open invitation to say "just a minute" to me evry single time! GRRRRRR

My DGD used to reply, "Coming.." in the sweetest, most pleasant voice..

Where'd that kid go???????????????????????? :teeth:

My 14 yr old dd likes to wear her earbuds even when her Ipod is off. She gets irritated when I pantomime her to take them out. She has lost her IPod privleges for a couple of days over that.

C.Ann said:
My DGD used to reply, "Coming.." in the sweetest, most pleasant voice..

Where'd that kid go???????????????????????? :teeth:

She went. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :banana: :banana:

Sorry about that

I tell my daughter all the time that wait is a four letter word to me.

In another Thread the Kids were saying pause and unpause instead of wait a minute or hold on .

I would so lose it DD whould be back in the stone age with nothing in her room but a pen and some paper.

MariDisney said:
If my 7 year old DD tells me to "hold on" one more time this week I can not be held accountable for my actions!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scared1: :scared1: :headache: :headache: :crazy2: :eek: :hyper: :crazy2:

Poor misunderstood Caroline, she can't get a break.

Isn't "hold on" better than "WHATEVER" which I think I heard her say 1,000,000,000 times.

It got so bad here that we had to start punishing our girls for this.
It wasn't that they asked us to wait a minute. It was the tone....... :furious:

My 11 yr old took 3.5 HOURS to unload the clean dishes from the dishwasher and put the dinner dishes in it this evening. I was gone for the first two hours but left him clear instructions that he needed to take care of the dishes. He had the nerve to call me and ask where his model airplane kit was but hadn't done the dishes. He argued and carried on when I came home and told him to get on the dishes. He couldn't BELIEVE that he had to scrap other people's (his parents' & brother's) dishes. The indignity of it all. He then had the nerve to tell me that unloading/loading the dishwasher was too much work for him. :rotfl2:

He has now sealed his fate and that of his brother's - they WILL now be responsible for loading and unloading the dishwasher. :thumbsup2 I can just imagine their little faces when I share the news at dinner tomorrow.

I have 3, DD 13, DS 18 and DD 25 I have all Phases at once:

DD 13 "I'm Learning to stand on my own and I do not think I need all that much help."

DS 18 " I can't believe you act the way you do, when I already know everything there is to know."

DD 25 "Oh my god, I can't believe I acted the way I did. I'm so sorry for the hell I put you through!."

Life with kids is fun and every once in a while you discover the joke really isn't on you. :goodvibes

I was never allowed to say "wait" or "hold on" or anything similar. The rules were, you answer nicely, then you ask for another minute. I've gotten so that now I answer everyone that way; "Yes? Just a second please."

With my family I use a joke we took from Get Smart: "Yes? Moment, please!" :teeth:

DisneyBlonde said:
Wait till she's 14. :teeth:

And the tone will change from a desperate "Waiiiiitttt" to an irritated "would you WAIT" :furious:

I'm thinking of instituting "take your modem to work day" the next time I hear my DS take that tone. Won't he be surprised. :rolleyes1

OMGosh thank you for posting this. I thought I was the only one going slowly insane!!! The worst part is that my ever - sweet 4 year old (who tells me every day, "Mommy call me a sweet tart!" in his cute little voice) is picking up on this too!! Grrr - as if the 13 and 8 year olds weren't bad enough, they are corrupting the munchkin, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter