Someone here..travelled alone-stayed offsite??

grover

DIS Veteran
I seem to remember someone (in this forum I think) taking a solo trip to disney and staying off site but very close to disney-within walking distance to DTD???? I am looking for some some hotel info.
I have one friend coming to my wedding who will stay on site for part of the time but will move off site for the last few days. She has no problem in staying alone-has done ooodles of solo travelling. I would like to point her in the direction of a clean,cheap and close to wdw hotel!
Grover in Winnipeg

That was probably Julie (TimNDans Mom) on her infamous bus trip to WDW last year. :p I believe she stayed at the Comfort Inn. Yoo hoo...Julie. :wave:

LOL, yes, I think that was probably me. You guys will never let me forget that bus trip will you! ;)

I actually have stayed solo a couple of times now, at the Comfort Inn LBV, on Palm Parkway, either before or after my on-site stays. And when Dh and I drive down as we did this March Break we stay there too as it gives us an extra travel day that can be cancelled easily in case we are delayed.

Lately, I have booked it online for about $45 or $54 usd, depending on season. It is within walking distance of DTD but it is probably a good 20 min walk, depending on how fast you walk. The longest part I find, is walking up Hotel Plaza Blvd. I have done it a few times, even with luggage! We often go for a walk to DTD after the long drive down. You go right by the Crossroads restaurant and grocery store area so that is very convenient.

The CI offers a free scheduled shuttle to Disney and I believe Universal, has a breakfast and dinner buffet and complimentary continental breakfast too. There is a microwave, fridge, coffee pot, wall safe, and hairdryer (and I think also and iron and ironing board) in each room. There is an automatic $2.50 resort charge for these and might also include local calls. Be sure to request the parking lot side as it is right beside the I 4 and some might be bothered by the traffic noise, althought the one time I had a room on the I 4 side I was too tired to notice.

Julie-thanks for the info- I have passed it onto my friend-she was very happy with the info and it is nice to hear from someone who has personally stayed there. She does plan on booking there. Do you usually book the room thru the hotel website?
Grover in Winnipeg

Yes Grover, I have always booked it online...there is a 10% discount for Internet booking, 50 plus or CAA.

I hope your friend has a pleasant stay there. We have always found it perfectly suitable for the one or two nights we have spent there, each trip.

Here is the CILBV's own website for more details: http://www.comfortinnorlando.com/

CAA!! Perfect-she uses CAA and is trying to bring costs down as much as possible-
Grover in Winnipeg :Pinkbounc

Hi Everyone:

Ya I love Julie's bus trip story too, plus I give her credit for having the courage to do it alone. Take care,

Deb.

I've booked the Comort Inn LBV for $39.99/night using the Orlando magicard or if you have the entertainment book it is $45/night (that's for May 7 - 24). It's much chepaer than the on-line rates. Just call the hotel directly...you can't get these discounts on the internet. The magicard is free as well...just print it off the website.

Thanks for that bit of information, Muziqal! I didn't know that the CILBV gives a discount through the Orlando Magicard and I have one buried somewhere in all my Disney stuff! ;) I'll have to check it out next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter