Someone explain Uggs to me

ms_missy66

Official WDW Addict
I know we've had the Crocs debate, but now I want to talk Uggs. In WDW I've seen people with that on with shorts when it was 35 degrees out. I've seen women wearing them and it's 80 degrees. What's the deal? What's so great about them? Am I missing something obvious?

I think it depends on where you live. I personally do not see the need when you live in a warmer climate. I live in Colorado and they are by far the warmest boot I have ever had. I actually start sweating with them on if I wear them inside too long.
So to answer your question- in my opinion, they are a quality boot that fills a specific need in my life. For anyone down south- I have no idea.:confused3

My dh says Uggs is for ugly. LOL He does like how they look. I don't understand the trend myself.

I love my Uggs but, you would never see me wearing them with anything other then jeans or pants.

Around here the only ones you will see wearing them with shorts or skirts are teenagers.

I love those things. They are like walking on clouds. They are the most comfortable boots (shoes) I have ever worn.

I didn't take them on our trip to WDW in Dec. But after seeing several people with them on I wish I would have brought them. DH even asked, " Did you bring your Uggs"?

DD (6) has them also and if it was up to her and I we wouldn't wear anything else. They are very comfortable and warm. But I agree with pp, if I lived in FL the thought of owning them probably wouldn't have crossed my mind.

I LOVE my uggs! I have 3 pair (2 boots and 1 slides) and I live in Florida...I wear them all the time between Nov-feb.hey are the MOST comfy shoes I have ever worn.I took mine when I went to wdw in Nov and I am glad I did because they had a cold front come through and I wore mine to the park.I have a black pair of tall boots,a sand color tall boot and the chestnut slides I got for christmas this year (that I have wore everyday since).They are really worth the cost to get the uggs and not a off brand.

I am not a huge fan of the look, but my niece had hers with (not real uggs but that style) and I was so jealous of how warm and comfy she was during the colder days of our trip! I think they are great for Disney during the cold months but I would never wear them during the warmer months or with shorts/skirts. That look is only cute on toddlers IMHO!

I don't really like crocs either, but I have a pair that I only wear to Disney. Seriously the perfect park shoe for the warm weather!

This discussion reminds me...

April 2007, DH, sons 6 & 9 and I flew into Disney on Friday the 13TH. (Perfect flight.) DD's, ages 16 & 21 were flying down on Monday the 16Th.

Well... We lived near Syracuse, NY, on the SNOW BELT! Huge freak snow storm blows in over the weekend. The girls got stuck in our driveway and had to shovel just to get out. They pass numerous cars off the road on their way to the airport. Many flights were cancelled, but for some reason, theirs was on time. (21 y/o is a nervous flier, 16 y/o flies like it her job.)

Arriving in Orlando, ME gets into a minor accident. Finally they arrive at the resort. I tell them I'm out relaxing by the pool with a friend. (Beautiful, gorgeous day, 80 something and sunny.)

As they approach, 16 y/o is wearing her UGGS. I said, "Run down to the room, unpack and change, you look silly wearing those boots out here at the pool." Already tense and in a bad mood from all they had been through, 21 y/o yelled... "And you don't think I looked ridiculous running through the snow in NY, in these?" She was wearing FLIP FLOPS! :rotfl:

This discussion reminds me...

April 2007, DH, sons 6 & 9 and I flew into Disney on Friday the 13TH. (Perfect flight.) DD's, ages 16 & 21 were flying down on Monday the 16Th.

Well... We lived near Syracuse, NY, on the SNOW BELT! Huge freak snow storm blows in over the weekend. The girls got stuck in our driveway and had to shovel just to get out. They pass numerous cars off the road on their way to the airport. Many flights were cancelled, but for some reason, theirs was on time. (21 y/o is a nervous flier, 16 y/o flies like it her job.)

Arriving in Orlando, ME gets into a minor accident. Finally they arrive at the resort. I tell them I'm out relaxing by the pool with a friend. (Beautiful, gorgeous day, 80 something and sunny.)

As they approach, 16 y/o is wearing her UGGS. I said, "Run down to the room, unpack and change, you look silly wearing those boots out here at the pool." Already tense and in a bad mood from all they had been through, 21 y/o yelled... "And you don't think I looked ridiculous running through the snow in NY, in these?" She was wearing FLIP FLOPS! :rotfl:

Priceless! Seriously that story is what sitcoms are made of! LOL Glad everyone was safe and thanks for the laugh! :rotfl2:

I think it depends on where you live. I personally do not see the need when you live in a warmer climate. I live in Colorado and they are by far the warmest boot I have ever had. I actually start sweating with them on if I wear them inside too long.
So to answer your question- in my opinion, they are a quality boot that fills a specific need in my life. For anyone down south- I have no idea.:confused3

I agree with you, though I live in the South. It's been COLD here this year {teens and low 20's} and it's really nice to have something warm to throw on for carpool and early morning errands. My daughter has two pairs because they're cute. :)

we are up north
and even when it was -40 my feet were still warm

I don't think I could wear them when its warm though even shopping with them on they get to warm
I have real ones and sears knock offs
I find the sears knock offs more comfy they have more support I think

Wearing Uggs is like walking on a sheep :lmao: I LOVE it but haven't found a pair that fit yet because when I first started the boot search, I was very pregnant and my feet were blimped. lol Now I'm back to my normal shoe size but the weather has been tolerable in my regular shoes so maybe next winter I will finally be able to wear them :)

DD13 has 4 pair of Uggs ( 3 pair of boots -she prefers the short ones, and 1 pair of the mocassin type ones), she wears them all the time and with everything. She even wears them(the boots) with her basketball uniform when she travels for games (she doesn't wear her basketball sneakers outdoors because it ruins the bottoms,screws up the traction). Last year she started wearing them in early September and wore them until the end of May when I finally convinced her that 80 degrees was too hot to wear them. She is not alone, all of her friends do the same thing.

I know we've had the Crocs debate, but now I want to talk Uggs. In WDW I've seen people with that on with shorts when it was 35 degrees out. I've seen women wearing them and it's 80 degrees. What's the deal? What's so great about them? Am I missing something obvious?

I love Uggs - I own 4 pairs.... 2 slides, 1 Cove boots, 1 tall boots :cool1: Very comfortable and soooo warm :goodvibes

However, I would never wear them w/shorts (thought I wouldn't wear shorts when it's 35 degrees either :rolleyes1) or when it's 80 degrees out ;)

I love my UGGS....they are super warm and very comfortable! I wear mine with jeans or pants. I find the skirt and short idea cute on teenagers though. My daughters have the "fake" ugg suede boot and love to wear them with their skirts :)

OP, I get your beef... I DID not get them when I first saw them. Then I received a pair as a thank you for photographing a Teva/Ugg/Simple company party.

They are ugly as sin but OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO so comfortable.

I'll never understand the tall Uggs with a mini-skirt, but like my professor before me, "I will NEVER understand 'fashion'."

I love my Uggs... I think wearing them during the summer time is nutz... They keep your tootise nice and warm... Beleive me there are days when I wake up from sleeping and find them still on my feet... We'll be traveling to the world in May and my Uggs will not be in my Suitcase!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter