• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Someone explain the Disneyland park reservation system to me like I am a five year old.

bare necessities

Mouseketeer
We are heading out to Disneyland on July 19th and on MDE it says we can start booking park reservations on March 16th. Went in this morning to see only July 14th as having park availability. All the rest of the month seems to be blacked out. But when I went in another way all dates up to July 14 have availability. There is no way both things can be true. I must obviously be doing something wrong. Booked park reservations for Disney World and never had an issue but something seem completely different about this system. Any help would be appreciated. TIA!

At the moment, reservations are only available until July 14. Wait 10 days or so and then try making your reservations. You have time…those dates will not sell out right away.

The system for DLR and WDW are different given WDW is primarily for tourists and vacationers so there's a built in expectation that people are there for more than one day and will need to book their entire trip. DLR only goes 120 days out so you'll need to book each day when they become available. But yeah, there's no rush as the dates won't sell out until a month out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter