Somebody please talk to me about Seabands and rides!

Torontofamilyoffive

Earning My Ears
I read somewhere on here that someone wore Seabands and was able to do rides that they otherwise wouldn't be able to handle because of motion sickness.

Has anyone else tried this? I'd love love love to be able to go on more rides, but not at the risk of feeling sick the whole day. For reference, I can barely handle stuff like Peter Pan and Snow White at Disney.

I've got them. They were useless for me. Bonine (meclizine) is the only thing that works for me. You can't get it in Canada, unfortunately. But you can get it in any US store. It is also called less-drowsy dramamine.

Gravol just makes me sleep and the ginger stuff does do much for me. Regular Dramamine is the same a Gravol so if that makes you sleepy too, make sure you don't mistake regular dramamine for less-drowsy dramamine. It is a different formulation.

I take a meclizine the night before and then one in the morning.

They have never worked for me either for rides.

I tried them first many years ago on a ship for seasickness......they didn`t work then either. But everyone will react differently to certain things.

I tried what damo said and got some bonine a coupe of years ago when we got to the States and it worked for me. I can`t take them now as I have vertigo and get tablets prescribed from the doc every year, which are similar to motion sickness tabs just a lot stronger.

I do regularly take anything with ginger in, but didn`t notice if it helped with motion sickness.

Maybe try Bonine as you say you can`t handle "gentle" rides. Hope it works for you and you have a great time :wave2:

They work great for me. I worked on a very small passenger ship - only 142 passenger and I get sea sick. I wore those things on and off for the 6 months I worked and lived on the ship. I had extra pairs and often gave them to passengers to try- and they worked extremely well for most. Do make sure they're positioned correctly. Most medications give me side effects. So, I rely on the sea bands for some of the rides - like Soarin' at Disney or Forbidden Journey at IOA. I don't dare try Storm Force Accelerator/Teacups though. But I can do everything else. I tried the bands when I was pregnant and hyperemesis and they didn't do a thing. But that's not motion sickness, though I've heard they work for some in that situation.

I can handle Peter Pan and Snow White without the bands though, so I'm not as severe as you. I cannot handle a carosel or rides that make you feel like you're moving more than you are - like Star Tours, unless I have my bands on.

I tried Bonine years ago and did have side effects to it. Nothing severe, but it made me feel terribly spacy. (I also have yet to find an allergy medication that doesn't make me feel odd. So, it could just be how I process things).

Sea Bands are useless. The only thing that allows me to ride ANY RIDES AT ALL is Meclizine. I get it in prescription form Antivert but you can buy it over the counter.

You might want to try MotionEaze also. It's an all natural herbal oil and you just put a drop behind each ear and voila, you're good to go. :)

I used it on our last cruise and had zero motion problems (and I'm usually a Bonine girl because I get so motion sick). CVS/Walmart/Amazon carry it. :thumbsup2

http://motioneaze.com/motioneaze/motion-sickness-relief/

Is this sold in any stores? I'd love to try it but don't have enough time before my next vacation to order it. I see that they have retail locations listed, but have you ever actually seen it in those stores before I go on a hunt for it?

I've gotten it (Motion Eaze) from Wal-Mart. Around here they only have it at the bigger ones and it is right with the other motion sickness relieving items. Comes in a little box.

I read somewhere on here that someone wore Seabands and was able to do rides that they otherwise wouldn't be able to handle because of motion sickness.

Has anyone else tried this? I'd love love love to be able to go on more rides, but not at the risk of feeling sick the whole day. For reference, I can barely handle stuff like Peter Pan and Snow White at Disney.

Wrist bands...not effective.

Sea sickness/Motion sickness is mainly caused by a disturbance of the inner ear..sure there is an acupressure point in the wrist but properly finding it is another story!

Should you find yourself motion and not have "sea sick" medication just pop an allergy pill. The Antihistamines help control motion sickness by influencing the part of the brain that controls nausea and vomiting.

Meclizine / Non-Drowzy Dramamine does the trick for motion sickness.
It use to be sold under the name Bonamine here but they don't carry it in Canada anymore.
Ebay or Amazon.ca and order yourself up a bottle of chewable Meclizine.

We live close to the border so we always pick some up when we are over doing groceries.

I am at Universal now and have had incredibly positive results with Bonine. Thank you to everyone who recommended it!! I am amazed at how well it works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter