• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Some thoughts on my 1st Poly stay

litlpixie2

lost all her posts!!Wah!!!
We split our vacation between the Poly and CSR over the last week of August. Since it was our first stay at the Poly, I thought I'd share some opinions:)

We stayed in Nuie, 1st floor room facing the quiet pool.
The room was huge and beautiful with lots of room and I loved the bathroom, although the kids and I thought the bed comfort level was a 4.

LOVED the coffee bar setup in the GCH...it was great to find a REAL cup of coffee in WDW. I wish they'd keep that open all day:goodvibes

Capt. Cook's...this worked fine for us. We never ate inside as it is very small and we found it more comfortable for us to bring the food back to the room and eat. We loved the asian noodles and the bar-b-qd pork sandwich.

The pool, my girls loved the slide and made some new friends, so the pool was a big hit.

CM's-every one that we encountered was polite and generally eager to please. (by the way, if you see "Ken from Brooklyn ", say hello, he's such a great guy)

I would definitely stay there again, only I would stay club level next time. I was feeling jealous of those Hawaii Guests I saw there;)

Leaving in 3 days for the Poly for our 10th Wedding Anniversary, just DH and myself cannot wait!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Leaving for the POLY in 6 days!! :woohoo: :woohoo: Staying LV CL, it's the best.

Thanks for the review and getting me even more excited!!!

Thanks for your review!! We were there in 2006 for the first time and also enjoyed it very much

We split our vacation between the Poly and CSR over the last week of August. Since it was our first stay at the Poly, I thought I'd share some opinions:)

We stayed in Nuie, 1st floor room facing the quiet pool.
The room was huge and beautiful with lots of room and I loved the bathroom, although the kids and I thought the bed comfort level was a 4.

My family and I have stayed at the Poly before and you have mentioned our main reason for not wanting to return. We spent a weekend there and not one of us had a good nights sleep either night. We've stayed at a number of other Disney resorts and found that particular situation to be unique to the Poly for us. We also found the bathroom layout "dated" - we've come to prefer having the vanity area outside the shower/toilet area. We found that it definitely increased the amount of time it took for all three of us to get ready.

Other than that it was an enjoyable experience. We just feel that other resort choices are a better fit and value to us.

It is hard to believe, but we have been home from our first Poly stay for a month now. We loved it! The food, the atmosphere and the people. It was wonderful. We did not have any complaints about the bed, although we were all so tired, we probably could have slept on the floor w/o any problems.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. We just got back and ours was great too.

If you are interested, you can read my thread that I posted about some negatives of the POLY. None of which would EVER NEVER EVER not make me stay there again.

That thread has been shut down due to a few posters who decided to "sway" off topic and also a few others that decided to flame me for being honest.

The thread is locked but I think there is some valueable insight by me and others in this thread that is helpful to all.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1940412

To those who are going in the near future, make sure to spend some time on the 2nd floor of the GCH on Wednesday nights at 8PM. Thats when they have Auntie and about 5 other Hawaiian dancers dancing to the music. Auntie is fantastic. You can really see how dedicated they are to their music and how they enjoy it.

Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope all others have a great stay.

ALOHA !!!!

Great review!! I love the Poly. I'm a bit sad I'm not staying there next month :sad: since we have stayed there the last 2 years. Glad you had a great stay.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. We just got back and ours was great too.

If you are interested, you can read my thread that I posted about some negatives of the POLY. None of which would EVER NEVER EVER not make me stay there again.

That thread has been shut down due to a few posters who decided to "sway" off topic and also a few others that decided to flame me for being honest.

The thread is locked but I think there is some valueable insight by me and others in this thread that is helpful to all.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1940412

To those who are going in the near future, make sure to spend some time on the 2nd floor of the GCH on Wednesday nights at 8PM. Thats when they have Auntie and about 5 other Hawaiian dancers dancing to the music. Auntie is fantastic. You can really see how dedicated they are to their music and how they enjoy it.

Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope all others have a great stay.

ALOHA !!!!

Yes, I read your post and I also replied to it. I agreed with you about the fact that something needs to be done about the pool-hoppers....its just not right that most of the time they turn a blind eye to them.

King Goofy,
Is it cheaper to upgrade your view at check-in than it is to have the more expensive view at the time of making your reservation?

What did you mean by a 4? Did you mean a 4 out of 10? I have read elsewhere that they are putting new beds in CSR. Did you get new bedding @ CSR. Could that be why the beds at the Poly were a 4? Thanks.

Glad you enjoyed your stay! We love the Poly but they have priced us out this year. We will be at CSR instead and I am wondering how you liked your stay there?

Thanks for the review! :thumbsup2
Our 1st time trip to Disney is only a few days away, and we're staying at the POLY!! :cool1:

Thanks for your review!

We'll be back at the Poly in 43 days. We haven't been there since the refurbished Captain Cooks opened so I am anxious to see it. I'll have to try the asian noodles and BBQ pork. Sounds tasty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter