Some Saratoga Springs, NY photos

Groucho

Why a duck?
I put up some photos from a recent trip to the "real" Saratoga Springs in the Photography forum but didn't get a lot of interest, so I thought I'd throw a mention in here. I tried to come up with a few things that are comparable or related to the Disney version.

The thread is here. If you're not interested, move along, nothing to see. :teeth:

I enjoyed seeing the pictures. Thanks for pointing them out.

Bobbi :goodvibes

Thanks, glad you enjoyed. :)

I have a few more I may add in the next few days... High Rock Springs, etc... but the "real" HRS is not all that exciting!

Nice photos - I even liked the ducks, though they are not "Disney Ducks" :) still quite cute. It is interesting to see how Disney extrapolates the design elements. Let us know when you put up the Springs photo!

Thanks, Groucho. Great pics and you did a good job of finding scenes familiar to DVC members from our knowledge to SSR.

I grew up about 20 minutes from there and your pics are making me homesick!

Great pictures, Groucho! :thumbsup2 I was in the real Saratoga for dinner a few nights ago. We parked our car just behind the carousel, and I was thinking of SSR. :)

Thanks for posting the pictures!

Loved the photos!

I've never visited the real Saratoga Springs, but the photos and what Disney captured in SSR is why we really love SSR.

It's not in your face theming, it just is what it is. A lovely place to visit and enjoy family. :cloud9:

Nice pictures. I live 3 miles from downtown Saratoga - so if there are any pictures that people would be interested in - let me know and I will try to post them for everyone.

Saratoga is a beautiful place - and it was so funny to us that when we decided to join DVC, that SSR was the resort that was being sold. So - we both looked at each other and said it was "fate". Now we have Saratoga North and Saratoga South to call home.

E

Thank you for sharing. It always bothers me when I read that SSR has no theme.

You have to wonder what is theme to some. :confused3

Thanks for all the kind words. I added a couple more pictures, of High Rock Spring. (Don't expect to be that impressed, if you've never seen the real thing. :teeth: )

WebmasterDoc said:
Thanks, Groucho. Great pics and you did a good job of finding scenes familiar to DVC members from our knowledge to SSR.

I grew up about 20 minutes from there and your pics are making me homesick!

Doc, where did you grow up? I lived in Clifton Park for six years when I was younger and two of my sisters still live in Ballston Spa. I love that area but haven't been back in two years unfortunately.

We live near the real Saratoga Springs and couldn't believe it when we heard that would be the theme of the new DVC! We were there when it opened and saw the racehorses, etc. that they had to make it like the real SS. And every time we go there it is an odd feeling to see all the home town stuff from SS, like the street names and the peppermint pig.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter