Some questions

goodfaerie

DIS Veteran
Hi!
This will be my first trip back to DL since 1993, so I am very excited! I'm going with my mom, who is 78 and will most likely be in a wheelchair. For the last ten years, we've been going to WDW every year.

• I must say I am confused. Can I make reservations for restaurants? I'm embarrassed to say it but he posts are a little confusing. :rolleyes: I miss my online reservations!
  • I would love to try BB--any tips?
  • One of our faves is to have the Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian.
  • Does DL or DCA or the resorts have anything similar the Afternoon Tea?

Any help is greatly appreciated.:flower3:

Hi!
This will be my first trip back to DL since 1993, so I am very excited! I'm going with my mom, who is 78 and will most likely be in a wheelchair. For the last ten years, we've been going to WDW every year.

• I must say I am confused. Can I make reservations for restaurants? I'm embarrassed to say it but he posts are a little confusing. :rolleyes: I miss my online reservations!

You can make reservations, by calling (714) 781-DINE

Tips for Blue Bayou, I think the portions are huge. And they have a surcharge for splitting a meal. SOooo... me and my girlfriend get around this by ordering an entree and a soup or salad. Save a few dollars and about the right amount of food for 2. Or just accept the surcharge for splitting a plate. But again, it's a lot of food (and we went at lunch)

Also, skip the Monte Cristo, get it at Cafe Orleans for cheaper.

I don't think there is an equivalant for afternoon tea.

Making dinning reservations at Disneyland is NOTHING like you are used to at WDW. You can call or email (as explained above) your requests. Other than the Fantasmic Dessert package, you can a few days in advance and get what you want. For the Fantasmic Dessert package you will need to call on day 60.

There is a Tea in Fantasyland...it's actually a Tea Party...you might even say it's a Mad Tea Party...:joker: Sorry...I think the closest you'll be able to come is enjoying some tea and snacks at the new Starbucks in DCA. And definitely go to Blue Bayou...make reservations, get there a little early and ask for a waterside table. You'll probably have to wait for it even with reservations, but it enhances the experience. Filet and lobster is an excellent choice and as a PP said, you could probably split it.

Making dinning reservations at Disneyland is NOTHING like you are used to at WDW. You can call or email (as explained above) your requests. Other than the Fantasmic Dessert package, you can a few days in advance and get what you want. For the Fantasmic Dessert package you will need to call on day 60.

I thought dining reservations for DLR could be made 60 days out and F! VIP Seating could only be made 30 days out. This has been my experience in the past.

Dining reservations at DLR are so much more relaxed. You can even make reservations on the day of for most places during non-peak times. For BB, the extra split charge ($12?) is to split the entree and each person gets their own sides. If you don't want the extra sides, just ask for an extra plate. And if you want a waterside table, either go when they first open or be prepared to wait a bit for your table. It is a fun experience.

Sadly, no afternoon tea at DLR. As mentioned above, there is Starbucks (Fiddler, Fifer, and the Practical Cafe) in DCA or Jolly Holiday Bakery in DL. Both places have little desserts and pastries along with coffee and tea.

Hi!

See "What WDW Vets Need to Know About Dining at DLR" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2914467

For BB my best tip is to make the res for 11:30 when it opens and then arrive by 11:10 and request a waterside table.

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter