Some questions re: our first stay

franw

DIS Veteran
I have a few questions regarding our first stay. We will be splitting two weeks between the BCV and VWL. Where do we check-in? At the front desk along with everyone else or is there a special place we show up? I know housekeeping service is limited but are fresh towels and linens always available or are you expected to use the w/d? Do they provide basics like dish soap, etc. or do you bring your own? Is there room service available to the villas? Is the price of the groceries on their grocery list very high or well worth using? Thanks for any answers you might be able to provide.

You check-in at the hotel desk. Fresh towels are given on Trash & Towel. Additional towels are available for $6 for a complete set for the villa. (You may be able to get a towel or two from housekeeping at no charge but technically they are not supposed to do that.) All supplies -- dish soap, dishwasher powder, toilet paper, will be replenished by asking. Bathroom soap/shampoo and clothes washing detergent are only provided on check-in and T&T or full cleaning -- same with the coffee start-up set. Room service is available. The grocery list is higher than going to the store. If you have a car, a quick trip to a nearby "real" store gets you what you really like at a reasonable price. If you haven't got a car, then ordering in might be worthwhile.

You check in at the regular front desk, no special area for DVC.

If you want additional towels other than those provided during the regular DVC service, it's $6 for 4 sets. Bed linens are only changed during a full cleaning. Of course, you can wash them yourself. They provide 1 small box of Tide, plus a replacement box on T&T day or full cleaning day.

They provide both dishwasher soap and regular dish liquid soap.

Room service is available.

Their grocery prices are high, plus fees added on. There is a form on the DVC member site.

Have a great time!:D

Originally posted by franw
I have a few questions regarding our first stay. We will be splitting two weeks between the BCV and VWL. Where do we check-in? At the front desk along with everyone else or is there a special place we show up? I know housekeeping service is limited but are fresh towels and linens always available or are you expected to use the w/d? Do they provide basics like dish soap, etc. or do you bring your own? Is there room service available to the villas? Is the price of the groceries on their grocery list very high or well worth using? Thanks for any answers you might be able to provide.

OK, you check in at the Beach Club and WL desk just like all guests. They'll take great care of you. There is normally a trash and towel day and a full cleaning day for a week, but you can pay for any additional towels or cleaning you would like, as often as you would like. They provide some dish soap, and dishwasher soap, but you'll probably need more dishwasher soap. You bet room service is available. Groceries on the list are high, you can do better at Winn Dixie. Some airport limos offer a grocery store stop on the way to the resort. Avoid Goodings, very high. They'll also move your bags from one resort to the other if you would like, and can keep your cold items cold if you ask. I don't remember which days are trash and towel and full cleaning, I usually rely on caskbill's program to lay that out, look like they are about 4 days apart by reviewing a couple of vacation reports.

If you will be staying at one or both resorts for less than 8 nights, you will get a Trash & Towel on the 4th day. They empty the trash and put new liners in the trash bins. (If you want to empty garbage yourself, you'll find additional liners stored at the bottom of the bins). Provide fresh bathroom linens. Replace facial tissue, toilet paper and paper towels. Replenish coffee, sugar cream. Replenish dishwashing liquid, dishwasher detergent, sponges and laundry detergent as needed.

If your stay is 8 nights or longer (in the same villa), they will do a full cleaning on Day 4 and then T&T on Day 8. The process will repeat every 4 days.

Forgot to say....have a great trip and we'll look forward to hearing how it went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter