Some questions from my kids today..........hehe

npmommie

<font color=red>Channels George Michael in her car
My 4 yo ds asked me the following questions today.
1. "mommy why do the babies come out of the mommy's belly and not the daddy?"

2. "mommy why can't 2 boys get married? and why can't 2 girls get married?"

LOL......I answered the first pretty simple......daddy's don't have the same body part as mommy's have for the baby to grow in........LOL, I was caught off guard.
and the second question.......I said " well they can get married if they want to"
then my 7 yo got in on the action........" where do they get married?"
me........"well wherever they want..some people get married in church, some get married at their home.....lots of places......"
my 7 yo........." why would 2 boys or 2 girls want to get married?"
me........" the same reason boys and girls get married, because they love each other"
and both 4 yo and 7 yo " oh, ok"
LOL........I never expected either of those questions, when the first question came i was on the telephone and my 4 yo was tugging at me with this burning question!!!
the second question seemed to be something he thought of for whatever reason and had to know! hehe.....I asked him what made him ask that, what made him think of the question and he said " I don't know", then he asked me " do boys sometimes see boys they like?" I said " yes" then he said " and do they sometimes see girls they think are pretty?".......again I said " yes"

good grief, I can only imagine the questions they will think up next!!!!!

LOL! You've handled their questions very well! Children are curious, eh?

I have a little (four year old) relative with me for the holidays. He is fascinated by the "front" of my body. Keeps commenting on how I have "two" and the proper name for them...

We've had a discussion or two on how we should have certain conversations at home (and NOT online at the post office)! LOL.

That's one of the ways they learn. Ask and have an answer, but that answer isn't only in words.

Thanks for being such a wonderful parent. :thumbsup2

That reminds me of a former co-worker of mine. She brought her 3 year old neice in one day to visit the parks. We were chatting and the little girl goes, "So do you like girls or boys?" I was in shock, but said "I like boys." The girl then goes, "Oh, ok. I think boys should like boys and girls should like girls, since they are the same. Aunt Amy and Uncle Chris love each other, so it's ok that their different." :rotfl:

Too cute !!!

I've been asked, by nieces and nephews, some really interesting (and by interesting, I mean EMBARRASSING) questions in line at the supermarket, in line to get movie tickets, etc. But looking back that's some really fond memories that I tease them with now that they are older. We've come full circle, now I ask them embarrassing questions in line.

I have a little (four year old) relative with me for the holidays. He is fascinated by the "front" of my body. Keeps commenting on how I have "two" and the proper name for them...
oh that is too funny, LOL.......4 yo are so curious!!!!

The girl then goes, "Oh, ok. I think boys should like boys and girls should like girls, since they are the same. Aunt Amy and Uncle Chris love each other, so it's ok that their different." :rotfl:

:lmao: that is too cute!

Sounds like you did a good job of answering the questions. Your kids are lucky to have a mother who can respond so swiftly and openly to such important questions.

Too cute !!!

I've been asked, by nieces and nephews, some really interesting (and by interesting, I mean EMBARRASSING) questions in line at the supermarket, in line to get movie tickets, etc. But looking back that's some really fond memories that I tease them with now that they are older. We've come full circle, now I ask them embarrassing questions in line.

:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter