Some Questions for those of you who have sailed recently

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by franandaj, Nov 17, 2012.

1. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

We are sailing on the Wonder in less than two weeks and will be on the Concierge Level. I have some questions for those who have sailed in general and on the Wonder or CL on any of the ships. In general:

1a. What do they charge to press your garments?

2a. Is there any type of phone plan that you can purchase or prepay for a week so that people can be in contact with you, but you don't pay outrageous roaming charges while on board?

Secondly for those who have sailed on the Wonder:

1b. What is the ambient temperature on the ship? The forecast for Mexico is highs around 90 degrees. If we wear shorts to be comfortable on deck, are the interior portions of the ship so air-conditioned that we will be cold in shorts?

2b. Is there a Costco in Puerto Vallarta or just a Sam's Club?

CL questions:

1c. What sort of snacks do they leave in your room? Can you bring them to the theater (ie little bags of chips and stuff) or should we bring some from home?

2b. Approximately what time are staterooms ready?

TIA for any help you can offer!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

My answers in red.

:cutie:

4. bzss7x

bzss7x Mr. Incredible went to LSU

On the Fantasy, they were always bringing cookies, brownies, fruit, and even popcorn. They will certainly try to make you happy. There is also a concession stand outside the theater to tempt the kids.

Also, our suite was ready at about 12:45, IIRC.

5. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ It could end up curdled

The snacks are Mickey-head shaped pretzels and cheesy crackers. Before we left Port Canaveral, DH threw handfuls of the crackers out the verandah door and the seagulls caught them mid-air. DH was very popular with the scavengers. All those birds reminded me of the Alfred Hitchcock movie.

oops. i thought by CL you meant Castaway Cay level, not concierge.

6. PrincessShmoo

The concession stands charge for the snacks.

7. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

I had my dress drycleaned and pressed and it was only $8. Just pressed is less.

8. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ It could end up curdled

DH had his sports coat pressed for about $4.00

9. Jay-Jay

Jay-Jay Earning My Ears

10. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

Thanks for the answers folks! I really appreciate it!

Are the snack individually pacakaged or do they serve them like they would be placed on a buffet?

Do any of the rooms have irons or do you have to go to the laundry room for that?

11. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

A man's dress shirt is $1.75 for just pressing. If I recall the directions on the form correctly, items picked up by either 12 or 2 (I can't remember which pick up time) would be returned by 5pm the next day. If you need it sooner, it can be done but the pressing only cost is double. This happened to us one cruise because we needed DH's shirt pressed for Palo the first night but with the muster drill, sail away party, etc...I just didn't have the time to press it myself. So we sucked it up and paid the extra charge, BUT now I keep that in mind. And as soon as I unpack, any pressing goes off immediately so that I don't have to do that again. Also, if you don't have a laundry bag in your stateroom (happened to us once) just leave your pressing or drycleaning on your bed with the form filled out on top and the stateroom host will take care of it. I was worried about that when I couldn't find our laundry bag!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

12. realityland

realityland Mouseketeer

Just off the Dream last week. SO worth it to get your shirts for dinner pressed. I put them out in the late afternoon/early evening asking for them out be returned for the next evening. They were generally in the room by 3pm for dinner that evening.

The rest of our clothes we ironed at home and layed flat in our suitcases. We took a can of wrinkle release spray with us and didn't have to use an iron once on the entire cruise. And we looked perfectly pressed every evening.

13. PrincessShmoo

No irons in the rooms. Only in the laundry rooms. Or you can send your stuff out for pressing.