Some Prayers and Pixie Dust needed

1Grumpy9

DIS Veteran
I got word today that my DBFF's Step Father had a stroke. As of now the only thing that is effected is his speech. He is walking around, but getting frustrated that he can't get out what he needs to.

Some prayers would be greatly appreciated!!

I will be praying. My father in law suffered a massive stroke in 2003. I know what those first hours are like for the family and friends. Hang in there and take good care.

Prayers and Positive Thoughts coming your way. My grandmother had her first stroke at age 49, several more over the next few years so I know how difficult it can be. Yet, she did remarkably well ( and that was years ago before some new meds, etc.).

I heard from DBFF and she said her step dad was starting to be able to speak some words...It just takes him a little bit longer to get the thought going. The PT and OT have released him and they are just waiting to hear from the Neurologist about any other follow up. The speech therapist has also already been working with him.

When I got a final text from her last night she said that he was doing much better than the morning and that there was improvement every hour and he could see the improvement too, so he wasn't as frustrated with not being able to speak by the time they left last night at the end of the night.

Thanks for the good thoughts/prayers and pixie dust!!!!! My DBFF lost her dad 3 years ago very suddenly to a heart attack, so having this happen to her step dad really put those thoughts in her head again that she might lose him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter