Some people are so rude!

Metallicat

DIS Veteran
Just have to vent about this rude man boarding the trams at Epcot on Sat. night. we were in our line area waiting to board the trams. I had taken my niece with me and she boarded the tram. somehow this man and two little boys PUSHED me aside (knocking me over was more like it) separating me and my niece and proceeded to sit down between me and my niece and she was sitting on the end of the row not aware that she was suppose to be on the inside. I say, hey wait! I have to sit next to my niece and he says, I have to sit next to my kids. I say, we were here first, and you broke between us. he says he doesn't care! so, I climb my way over them stepping on them and squish my way through almost sitting on his little boy. he grabbed his kid out of the way and moved over then. :laughing: I DID sit next to my niece after almost getting into it with this man. I'm not a mean woman, but he came pretty close to getting cursed out at in front of everybody that night.

I guess what gets to me is that this man had zero respect for a woman with a young girl. what a shame. he didn't care one bit about anyone else. just himself and getting to his car with HIS kids.

he sure set a fine example for his sons that night. push a woman aside if she gets in your way. :rolleyes:

It seems like people are getting ruder and ruder these days at the park. I wonder if it is something in the water. :confused3 Glad you stood up for yourself and neice.

Yep takes all kinds.

I like the ones that after you have been setting for over 45 min waiting for the Parade they just walk up and set right in front of you.

I say you know the CM will make you move you are in the street. Most of the time they look at me like :confused3

Then like clock work here comes the CM telling them they have to move LOL.

Sorry you had a nut case there on the trams :scared1::scared1:

Ron.

I had a woman get into the row of seats I was sitting, take her butt(and it was a BIG butt) and slam it into me quite hard to make room for herself and her friend.:scared1: I was shocked, and held my tongue. The nerve of some people never fails to amaze!

I was about to freak out because I promised my in-laws I wouldn't take my eyes off her and guard her with my life. :eek:

I had something like this happen to me at the MK getting on the tram, and believe me, I DID cuss him out!! He didn't push me, he pushed my SON!!! And of course he didn't care, so it was all for not, but cussing him out made ME feel better!! HAHA

I raise my DS8 to have old fashioned values. If all the seats are taken up on a bus and a lady or younger child gets on, he and I get up, stand, and let the lady/ladies sit. It seems like every trip we have to WDW, I usually have to speak outloud to my son, so everyone can hear me. It usually happens when an older woman, or a lady holding a baby gets on the bus, and some perfectly capable guy won't get his lazy butt up for her. I then say to my son rather loudly, "See son, that is not what you do when a lady comes on the bus. You should get up and let her have the seat." Usually about 3-4 guys jump up then.:thumbsup2:cool1:

I raise my DS8 to have old fashioned values. If all the seats are taken up on a bus and a lady or younger child gets on, he and I get up, stand, and let the lady/ladies sit. It seems like every trip we have to WDW, I usually have to speak outloud to my son, so everyone can hear me. It usually happens when an older woman, or a lady holding a baby gets on the bus, and some perfectly capable guy won't get his lazy butt up for her. I then say to my son rather loudly, "See son, that is not what you do when a lady comes on the bus. You should get up and let her have the seat." Usually about 3-4 guys jump up then.:thumbsup2:cool1:

While it is admirable that you want your son to have old fashioned manners, you have no idea by looking at a person if they able bodied or not. By being so loud and judgemental, you are just making a spectical of yourself. Teach you son what you think is the proper thing to do, but don't be so quick to judge people when you have no idea what is going on in their lives.

Several years of visiting the World, we've had the pleasure of experiencing several forms of rudeness. Here are a few of our favorites:
1) Putting towels down on several chairs around the pool at the Poly, and then leaving for several hours;
2) smoking during the Splash Mountain ride;
3) group of several people riding the boat in front of us, laughing and talking extremely loud during Pirates of the Caribbean;
4) people going and holding tables before they get their food at extremely crowded counter service restaurants;
5) people seeing how few clothes they can wear on hot days without getting arrested. I guess their seeing how many tattoos they can expose;
6) of course, the ever present cutting in line.

I'm sure there were many more, but are just a few of our favorites.

While it is admirable that you want your son to have old fashioned manners, you have no idea by looking at a person if they able bodied or not. By being so loud and judgemental, you are just making a spectical of yourself. Teach you son what you think is the proper thing to do, but don't be so quick to judge people when you have no idea what is going on in their lives.

I'm not politically correct and proud of it. If I speak to my son and someone overhears me, and their guilty conscience kicks in, and that makes them do the right thing, I don't and will never feel bad about it. I never asked someone with a difficulty to get up, but there are plenty of able bodied 'rude' people, hence the name of this thread.

Just because 3-4 guys look capable of getting up, you shouldnt judge them. Some healthy looking man may have some disabilities not seen to the naked eye, that doesnt allow him to get up.

I'm not politically correct and proud of it. If I speak to my son and someone overhears me, and their guilty conscience kicks in, and that makes them do the right thing, I don't and will never feel bad about it. I never asked someone with a difficulty to get up, but there are plenty of able bodied 'rude' people, hence the name of this thread.

The thing is you can't tell just by looking at someone if they indeed able to stand on a bus or not. If you saw me you would assume that I could stand without any problem. And on most days, you would be right. But on some days, when my problems with my knee kick in, if I tried to stand on a moving bus I would fall on you. I've actually had my 70 something dad make me stay seated before, when I went to get up.

I'm just saying don't be so quick to judge when you don't know. You are probably not making anyone have a guilty conscience, you are just making yourself look rude.

It seems like people are getting ruder and ruder these days at the park. I wonder if it is something in the water. :confused3 Glad you stood up for yourself and neice.

I think its because of waiting in such long lines in the parks people become impatient and feel they must push forward and find little ways to get around people to get to the attraction as fast as they can. we sometimes feel like cattle being pushed through.

I was beginning to lose my faith in MAN-kind, but regained it when a kind young man helped me get my suitcase off the luggage carrousel back in Birmingham. :)
at WDW it is everyone for themselves. I wish people would be more careful when breaking line between those with kids, because the kids can get lost when they are separated in huge crowds. :eek:

Yes you are raising your son to be extremely sexist! ANY able bodied person man or woman should get up for an elderly or disabled person not just the men. I won't go so far as say so for all women with babies because some of them get on knowing the bus is full. A healthy woman doesn't need a seat any more than a healthy man.

3) people going and holding tables before they get their food at extremely crowded counter service restaurants;

Wait, is this really considered rude? I always have part of my party go get a table while others wait in line for food. I thought it was just being strategic. :confused3

Just because others don't give up their seats on the buses is no reason to judge them, because they have just as much a right to sit down and why should they be looked at in a bad way because they got on before?

hookedonears said:
people going and holding tables before they get their food at extremely crowded counter service restaurants;
Well WDW is testing out a new system to prevent that from happening at the Magic Kingdom counter service locations, during the busy times of the year. However when it's not being enforced there is nothing wrong with saving a table, while someone else goes to order. Personally I call that being smart and it's not my fault others didn't think about saving a table if they were able to.

Good God... ANOTHER thread? There is the exact SAME thread about 36 pages long (as I am sure there are 800 other threads the same) about three threads down.

Everyone thinks everyone else is rude... blah, blah, blah. I am not rude because... blah, blah, blah. Strollers, buses, last minute parade comers, smelly people, people who look at you... blah, blah, blah ECV's table savers, kids suck, blah, blah... adults get treated bad because... blah, blah, families with kids get treated bad because blah, blah blah.

These threads always spiral into the same 10 things getting hashed over again and againg.

Hows about everyone just stays home and then me and my family can enjoy WDW all to ourselves. That way no one gets hurt feelings.

When the restaurant is crowded, yes it's rude. Obviously, the shoe fits here. Your party gets their food, and then finds a table. That's why Disney is starting to crack down now on the practice, and not allowing people to do this.

Anger management candidate, 90% of the threads on this board are repeated over and over again from page to page. Lisnening to this group, rudeness is one that needs to be in the forefront more often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter