Some Of You People Can Be So....

oddball27

Wildgirlz Rock!!
....childish and mean. I'm NOT talking about everyone, but for Example, last night on the John Ritter thread (Rest In Peace, John:) ) someone gave their opinion. It was kinda negative, but it was THAT PERSON'S opinion. Well, then everyone else has to jump all over THAT PERSON with even MORE negativity!!!!! Then someone and myself posted that it was only that person's opinion, and that people needed to get over it. Well, someone then has to come back and STILL say mean things!! And also, they tell the person who said to let it go, to take a chill pill, calm down, blahblahblah. Just DROP it people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let it GO!!!!!!!!!!

And before you jump all over me, I'm not just talking about last night. People come here to have fun, not to have people tell them off for stating their opinion, or anything for that matter. Some of you people just need to leave your mean comments inside your head. There's NO purpose.

Sorry, and I know I am going to be deleted AND flamed for this, but at least my opinion was heard!!!

Thanks!! :) I feel SOOOOOOOOOO much better now!!! :teeth:

Well, if you are going to get deleted or flamed, Ashton, let me try and thank you for your words before so. Your thoughts here on the DIS have so often been beyond your years. Keep it up, young lady.

Dan :sunny:

PS: Hope I get to do Le Cellier with you guys again, with me on time next time, LOL. :)

Quite frankly, I agree that some people are just plain childish but since you brought up the thread, I will address that issue.

That thread was intended to pay respect to an individual who DIED. If certain individuals want to post something negative about a person who DIED, I would suggest they start another thread so that the people who want to pay respect to the person who DIED can do so in peace without having to deal with same immature, childish behavior you are referring to. Am I the thread police.... no. Am I a moderator... no. Can people post differing opinions on a discussion board... absolutely. But there should be some common sense and decency involved when the thread is dealing with a topic such as the death of an individual.

Just my opinion.

Thanks Dan!! Maybe you will be on time next time!!!!:teeth:

kdibattista:I understand your opinion, and I also agree with it. BUT after one or two people said something about it, htere was no need for EVERYONE else to say somehting about it too, IMHO.

:)

I agree with you Oddball.........

in regards to that particular thread, some say that GG shouldn't have said what she did, while mentioning that it was disrespectful to do so.

I happen to have been to several funerals where the pastor did exactly what GG did......they talked about the person and listed his mistakes and errors in life......

shocking, yes, but not unheard of in some circles. In those religious circles, bringing up these persons faults and mistakes is not disrespectful, but it's looked at as being more reflective than anything.

My point is is that it really was JUST GG's thoughts about the man as a human, seems to me that she was recalling negative points about his life maybe in an effort to find a balance with what sometimes seems glorification of movie stars. I wasn't that personally offended by the comments because as I said, I've been to funerals where this is commonly done.

Thankyou Oddball, you really are wise beyond your years. :)

I didn't think what GG said was all that bad either. He was a celebrity, therefore his life was well documented and discussed. No big deal that it was brought up that he was a recovering alcoholic or an adulterer - I'm sure the newspapers will be discussing both points in every tribute paid to John Ritter.

That being said, some folks like throwing salt on the wound at every opportunity. I don't quite get it myself. I mean, just because you might think something, doesn't mean you have to SAY it (or in the case of the DIS, TYPE it) aloud. :rolleyes: And you are also right, Oddball, folks have a way of not letting go around here. :rolleyes: It gets old after awhile, I must say......

*wave wave*

HI SNOOPY! When was the last time we posted together? LOL :p
Good to see you lady. :)

heh heh, hiya Geek! :)

We were ranting at the same time, imagine that! :p :teeth:

Who? Me? Rant?

NEVAHhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

OK well, maybe just a little rant for old times, eh? :p

Some people are just internet entertainment, IMHO.

Pick your poison and laugh. There certainly are enough of 'em!

(Present company excluded, of course)....;)

Originally posted by oddball27
someone gave their opinion. It was kinda negative, but it was THAT PERSON'S opinion. Well, then everyone else has to jump all over THAT PERSON with even MORE negativity!!!!! Then someone and myself posted that it was only that person's opinion, and that people needed to get over it. Well, someone then has to come back and STILL say mean things!! And also, they tell the person who said to let it go, to take a chill pill, calm down, blahblahblah.

Kind of of reminds you of middle school, huh? It seems whenever someone is being praised for any accomplishment even if it is to say her new haircut looks good, there is always someone else who has to throw in a negative view.

Originally posted by oddball27 Just DROP it people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let it GO!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you just hate it when people won't listen to you.

Oddball, I first wanted to say that your screen name does not fit you :) .

There seems to be certain people who always get jumped on around here. GG seems to be one of them, which is why it didn't die after a few posts.

Some people seem to always see the negative in things as their first thought. Some people think it's their job in life to make sure that they jump all over that person.

I've only ever had an issue with one person around here who was intentionally cruel to people.

I'm starting to see that intentional cruelty in a bunch of others now. :( What's missing in them that makes them think it's okay to do this?

You're right Oddball, it certainly does happen a lot. I feel sorry for the attakee and the attackers. There's something wrong on both sides of that fence.

Some people don't know (or don't care) what is appropriate to post on certain threads. I have no problem if people band together to point that out to the offender. Some people feel it is better to do that than to condone their nasty behavior by not saying anything. As for me...sometimes I ignore it, sometimes I feel the need to speak up.

Originally posted by SilverLily
Some people don't know (or don't care) what is appropriate to post on certain threads. I have no problem if people band together to point that out to the offender. Some people feel it is better to do that than to condone their nasty behavior by not saying anything.

Agreed.

Especially if the original offender was being nasty and mean. I'm not quite sure that's what took place here. I didn't think it was that nasty, or that mean, it was just rather inappropriate.

On the other hand, there were very nasty, very mean comments made back. Two wrongs make a right? Being nasty and mean isn't right, no matter what side of the fence you are on.

Originally posted by CRB#33
Agreed.

Especially if the original offender was being nasty and mean. I'm not quite sure that's what took place here. I didn't think it was that nasty, or that mean, it was just rather inappropriate.
I agree, it was probably just considered inappropriate, not nasty. However, I think people were taking into account the history of the offender, who often posts nasty things.

Two wrongs make a right? Being nasty and mean isn't right, no matter what side of the fence you are on.
I agree with you in theory. But again, I think the offender's past behavior has made people a little less tolerant of anything negative she posts. I think she knows this and enjoys it. She has created the environment that she gets here by her previous nasty comments.

Mean and childish, or truthfully honest?

Opinions are tough when they don't agree with yours, aren't they?

Of course, that stupid First Amendment always gets in the way . . . :rolleyes:

Oh, and there's a good idea!! Let's get rid of the attacks and negativity on this board by posting MORE attacks and negativity . . .

To the OP: Starting a thread about people who won't "let things go" is kind of defeating your purpose as far as I can tell. Just MVHO mind you. You've felt a need to state your views on something which is fine but which is the same reason someone else would post and seem to be "not letting go" to you. Basically you've started a new thread for people to continue the same discussion which you seemingly didn't like the first time around and thereby, you yourself are not letting go of it. Convoluted I know.

BTW I never read the thread in question so the above opinion is not based on that situation, although I will have to say that if someone went on the RIP John Ritter thread and listed all his mistakes in life, they probably deserved to be told they were being an (insert any word not allowed on the DIS here). ;)

Ok, w/e, I can't win, just delete me now. thanks to everyone who DIDN'T say neg things to me.

And BTW, I wasnt just talking about last night. It happens ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm only 14, so DON'T JUMP ALL OVER ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!

And one more thing, this thread wasn't really meant to be negativity Deb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: if thats what you meant

Man, I cause a LOT of controversy and stuff, don't I!! Oh well.....:rolleyes: :D I'm stubborn and VERY rebellious, can't help that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by oddball27
......Man, I cause a LOT of controversy and stuff, don't I!! Oh well.....:rolleyes: :D I'm stubborn and VERY rebellious, can't help that!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL, Ashton. :) Good traits, you'll do fine. Who do you take after, mom or dad??

I take after daddy in everything!!!!:teeth: I have his hair, his complexion, his nose, ears, and lips. I have a mix of his and momma's eyes though!!!! :teeth: We're both lazy!!:teeth: We love to cook!!! We're both a little shy!!

But to answer your question, definately daddy in the stubborn and rebellious!!! If you tell us to do something, we're immediately gonna wanna do the opposite!! If you tell us not to do something, we're gonna do it!!!!!! (i just said the same thing twice!! LoL) :teeth::teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter