• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Some memories

Regina

<font color=teal>Maybe I’ll “accidentally” drop a
I can barely glimpse at the podcast board, but I'll try to share some memories.

I first met Bawb at a DIS meet in Disney Quest around 10 years ago. He was such a character in the early DIS chats. He'd wear 'virtual' green tights, slap on some wings and pretend to be Tinker Bell flying around the chat room. I'm from NY so I'm pretty accustomed to strange people. Still, Bawb was up there in my top 10, LOL.

When Dreams began about 8 years ago, we did an "Around the World" tour with agents taking turns spending a night at each Disney resort. Our headquarters was a Fairways Villa. There was Bawb, always multi-tasking, always making sure everything was in place and always mangling the English language. I guess this is where the friendship started to really take shape.

Bawb always seemed to be juggling cameras and tripods wherever he went. If you got within 10 feet of him, you'd find yourself holding wires and bags.

One time we were all at a Disney Press Event which ended with a Barenaked Ladies concert. He scoped out the stage, parked his kaht at the perfect spot and I became his wingman. I stood behind him and was bopping along to the song when he turned and barked at me "you're shaking the kaht', knock it off." Whoops!! :lmao:

Our team went to California together. Bawb was the pilot and navigator and I swear he not only plotted which roads to take, but which lane to be in. Much to the annoyance of the drivers behind us, that was often the far left lane. Let's just say, Bawb wasn't known for speed. ;)

Wherever we went, Bawb became the "Dad" of the group while I became the "Mom" you wish you never had. We were the senior members of the team and well, that's just how it was. He'd keep "the kids" in line while I made sure tissues, gum, pens, paper, wetwipes, Advil, lotion and snacks were always handy.

I can't keep track of how many times we all got together in Florida. I'm heading down next month and was planning to say to Bawb "you get a break. They can pick on me today." Teasing each other is what we do best. I often wondered if Bawb thought my name was "shut up" since he said it to me so often. ;)

I just spoke to him a week ago and said "I'll see you soon." Who would ever think that will never happen.

Little did I know how much I'd miss this quirky guy. He'd make me crazy, he'd make me roll my eyes until I thought they'd get stuck in the back of my head, but he had a heart of gold. At the end of the day, that's what really matters.

Thanks for sharing. :flower3:
Bawb.jpg

Thanks for sharing, Regina. :sad1: :hug: to you for the loss of a friend.

ETA: one of my funniest memories of the podcast was Capt Bawb in boxer shorts. Remember that one?

Thanks for sharing, Regina. I have a similar feeling about checking the boards, I'm torn between wating to be glued to them or not wanting to even look at them...Obviously the former has won out this morning.

Being the first podcast that I ever picked up, the Disunplugged immediately became a favorite for me. Bob was the guy I related to most for exactly the same reason you mentioned, his quirkyness (is that a Bob word! :)). I view myself in that manner and often feel as if I'm talking but noone is really listening (not in a bad way, just my role I suppose ;-)).

When the podcast crew decides they are ready to come back to "the table" I'm honestly not sure how I'll feel about it, but I'm sure will be injecting my own "interventions" and "kaht" comments along the way. :)

What I really appreciate about this group of people is how they jumped right on the boards to share their thoughts and feelings despite how difficult it must be! Thank you, and hope everyone is doing as well as they can.

Thanks Regina for taking the time to share some of your memories with us.

I only had the pleasure of meeting Bob a couple of times last December. What I find amazing is that I have a story from each meeting about how generious and caring a man he was. I think that speaks to the true nature of a man that he can make an impression and impact on people with only a few minutes of his time.

I find it hard to explain my sadness and I want to thank all the people who knew him so well for taking the time to share with us. I really helps to hear these stories. I guess this is a virtual wake...

Up here in Ohio, just after "knowing" bob, I was working in the yard. I looked up from my hands and knees, because I heard this buzzing noise behind me. I turned to see that it was an older gentleman with a hat and sunglasses, zooming down my street in an ECV. I chuckled and smiled, and he waved back at me. Never saw an ECV on my street before. Cant say I recognized the guy.
Made me laugh a little.

Thank you for sharing Regina and you have my heartfelt sympathies.

Regina,

Thanks for sharing these memories with us. I have now added a new slide to my mental slide show....it looks like a woman standing behind kaht kam completely wrapped up in black cables trying to dance along to the music :)

--Daneen

Thank yo ufor sharing some of your memories with us Regina. I wish you the deepest of sympathies on the loss of your close friend.

Regina...should I randomly PM you and tell you to "shut up"? :teeth:

Seriously, thank you for sharing -- we already knew Bawb was a real character...but now we are seeing there was even more of him to love! Will you be able to attend the memorial service? I hope so. :hug:

:grouphug: What wonderful memories of a delightful, special person. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for sharing Regina. I really enjoy hearing these personal stories behind a man I grew very fond of through my headphones and my computer:hug:

Thanks for sharing such wonderful memories with us, Regina. Bawb had such a wonderful spirit that we're all going to miss greatly. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter