Some funny moments from Travel Channels marathon

another thing that bothered me about samantha brown is she kept saying, hey if i got this i could tell my friends i went some where special.. like when she was in the AKL and picked up i think it was a wooden giraffe and shes like oh i could get this and tell my freinds that i went to zimbabway(sp???) but anyways..made me mad cause if i would have bought it i would have told everyone i got it in DISNEY and been proud!!

OK, I've tolerated just about enough of Samantha Brown bashing. She is wonderful, charming, witty and she doesn't know it yet but I am going to marry her. I am only hindered by the fact that we have never met, I am century's older than she and I don't have a clue where to find her. Never the less, we are soul mates.

Someday, she will come to realize that we were made for each other and another romantic ending will be in the making. When that day comes, as far as I am concerned she can stand in the middle of Magic Kingdom and ask where Walt Disney World is and I will just put my arm around her and tell her to follow me, I'll take you there.

(sigh):love: :cloud9:

OK, I've tolerated just about enough of Samantha Brown bashing. She is wonderful, charming, witty and she doesn't know it yet but I am going to marry her. I am only hindered by the fact that we have never met, I am century's older than she and I don't have a clue where to find her. Never the less, we are soul mates.

Someday, she will come to realize that we were made for each other and another romantic ending will be in the making. When that day comes, as far as I am concerned she can stand in the middle of Magic Kingdom and ask where Walt Disney World is and I will just put my arm around her and tell her to follow me, I'll take you there.

:lmao: :lmao: :goodvibes
;)

I liked it when they kept saying "Best kept secret in Disney", for things like the water parks or downtown disney.:happytv:

OMG I busted out laughing when they said that Fantasmic and SpectoMagic were "little known secrets" because they happen at night. Even my boyfriend was like "Who are they trying to kid?" If they were so "little known" we wouldn't have to line up an hour before start time for good seats!

I taped all of the shows. Have not watched them all yet. I am one in the minority here, but I really like Samantha Brown. I think she is funny and I enjoy seeing all the places she goes. I am with a PP. I would LOVE to have her job. I volunteer for the Disney hotels!!! (That will be the only way I get conceirge!!!)

Angela

You're outa luck. I believe she just got married within the last year. She is a cutie though, huh.

My kids kept asking which of the hotels we were staying at. I had to explain that they dont do shows about the cheap hotels. :rotfl2:

:rotfl:

There's a Howard Johnson's on 192 that would make for quite a funny Samantha Brown show.
"Here's a bunch of trash on the steps, and look at all these charming cigarette burns on the counters An elevator to the second floor with all your luggage? You won't find that here! There's even an element of surprise-your air conditioner may or may not work! You could bump into Mickey or Donald- but only if the Florida Health Inspector's name happens to be Mickey or Donald.....

It was BAD. It was only one night and we were going to the MK the next day so we didn't care.

I love the Travel Channel shows but notice you will never see Samantha standing in line for anything? Imagine a TV special that takes place in real time?
"Here I am waiting for the Kilamanjaro Safaris."
(10 minutes goes by)
"I would have gotten a Fastpass, but they were gone by noon"
(five minutes)
"Is it getting hotter or what?"
(five minutes)
"Could you tell your kid to stop kicking me?"
(and on and on and on)
"Well that's all the time we have now. Watch next time and you may see me getting on the ride..."

i wathced almost all the shows and the really only updated one was on at 9... it was really good i though. Ya that guy looked pretty mad haha, but i think samantha brown in really annoying with some of the things she says, it kinda made the disney mood go down a little just because she annoys me:confused3

I can't take Samantha Brown or the woman who does the count down
on resort TV (I think her name is Krista). Both of them are just too darn sweet and perky. Their voices annoy the heck out of me.:scared:

Plus, I don't like it that she stays in deluxe or concierge level rooms. Stay in a standard room and show us what that's like, for Pete's sake! That's where most of us will stay anyway. Sheesh. :sad2:

I agree

Can't they include the value and moderate resorts in at least one show?

Do you think a late lunch would be less hectic as well (say 1 PM)? That WCC spot scared the crap out of DH and me! I didn't think he'd want to go, but I was looking forward to it...until that segment. That leave me bugged-eyed and terrified!!! :scared1:

If it's not as rowdy at lunch and/or off-peak hours, I might reconsider and he'll just have to deal. :rotfl:

We were there for lunch in late October for my daughter's birthday and it was not nearly as loud or rowdy (it was actually a very calm lunch). I'd heard about some of the things they do in there (ketchup and all) but they weren't in a playing mood I guess. The food was very good, the atmosphere was great, I love WL.

:rotfl:

There's a Howard Johnson's on 192 that would make for quite a funny Samantha Brown show.
"Here's a bunch of trash on the steps, and look at all these charming cigarette burns on the counters An elevator to the second floor with all your luggage? You won't find that here! There's even an element of surprise-your air conditioner may or may not work! You could bump into Mickey or Donald- but only if the Florida Health Inspector's name happens to be Mickey or Donald.....

It was BAD. It was only one night and we were going to the MK the next day so we didn't care.

I love the Travel Channel shows but notice you will never see Samantha standing in line for anything? Imagine a TV special that takes place in real time?
"Here I am waiting for the Kilamanjaro Safaris."
(10 minutes goes by)
"I would have gotten a Fastpass, but they were gone by noon"
(five minutes)
"Is it getting hotter or what?"
(five minutes)
"Could you tell your kid to stop kicking me?"
(and on and on and on)
"Well that's all the time we have now. Watch next time and you may see me getting on the ride..."

Oh, PRICELESS! :laughing:

I thought it was funny when they showed the Taperstry Parade at Epcot and they haven't played that show in over five years.:goodvibes

Awww come on! Why all the hate for Samantha Brown? I love all of her shows on TC! I think she's funny :thumbsup2

Also, just to clear some things up, Samantha doesn't do any shows on any of the Moderate or Value resorts because its for Great Hotels, so they tend to check in to the higher priced, very fancy resorts, such as Grand Floridian and Animal Kingdom Lodge....and you can't do EVERY hotel ever, so I guess they had to pick and choose for WDW ;)

And yes, I did pick up on her "WDW here I come!" comment....I just shook my head and forgave her that mistake :happytv:

Samantha does kind bug me.

I much prefer the younger chick on resort TV when you're actually AT Disney.. She was fun.

I don't understand Spanish.. but the Spanish Resorts channel host was hilarious to watch.. She made great faces.

Knox

Samantha does kind bug me.

OK, that's just plain blasphemy!

You're outa luck. I believe she just got married within the last year. She is a cutie though, huh.

I'm just going to ignore that statement. I feel sorry for her husband once she realizes that we belong together, but, life sometimes works out that way. When she discovers her mistake, and she will, he will be left in the dust.

:love2: :crazy:

So apparently i wasn't the only one that watched some of the shows yesteda. So the the best kept secrets show was a joke, none of those are secrets really. I also thought it was funny that they showed alien encounter!

OK, I've tolerated just about enough of Samantha Brown bashing....Never the less, we are soul mates.

You are so cute!! We like her too! (Well, not as much as you do, my husband is infatuated but I don't think he'll mind if you marry her). By the way, my Grandmother had a plaque on her kitchen wall that had "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get" on it.

To everyone else, when I started the post the other day about the marathon, I started to mention how bittersweet it is to watch the WL/Magic Kingdom one. It's my favorite because she goes to my home away from home (FW) and she talks to one of my favorite CM's (Woody, transportation, boats on 7 seas lagoon). But it was filmed right after 9-11 and you can tell from the low, low crowds (when she walks with Goofy behind the castle, and when she's on main street, there's hardly anyone else). She's wearing a red white and blue mickey shirt. She gets extra credit for that one for staying perky and cheerful in such unhappy times.

Also, just to clear some things up, Samantha doesn't do any shows on any of the Moderate or Value resorts because its for Great Hotels, so they tend to check in to the higher priced, very fancy resorts, such as Grand Floridian and Animal Kingdom Lodge....and you can't do EVERY hotel ever, so I guess they had to pick and choose for WDW ;)

I understand why they only showcase the deluxe resorts on Great Hotels.

However, I think the travel Channel could do at least one show that appeals to those who want to stay onsite but can't or don't want to pay deluxe rates.

OMG the kitchen sink looked incredible!

I was watching it with DD9 who said she wants to stay at GF next time. I told her when she grows up and becomes rich and famous we'll go there, lol.

It was fun to watch except that DD kept saying "Oh can we do that this time?" to things like La Nouba and the campfire thing at Fort Wilderness and I had to keep saying, "uh, maybe", knowing full well that we just won't have time for everything. Sheesh, you could stay there for a month and not do everything. I guess that's how they get you to come back. :rotfl:

I also thought that Samantha Brown was just a little too over the top for me. Oh look at this and look at that. Yuck! And look at this in the shape of Mickey's head. In one episode she called it a Hidden Mickey but she didn't in another episode. And the comment about WDW here I come was just ridiculous.

It got me really in the mood to go though, I'll say that much. Like I needed help with that!:rolleyes:

Another thing I thought was funny was when she was doing the YC/BC and EPCOT episode (I think that was the combo). In England she's talking about what a pub is and is handed a drink (not familiar with English pub beverages, it was a darker drink), she takes a drink of it and the look on her face is priceless. It seems to me that she is trying really hard not to make a face, her neck is making a 'gulping' type of movement and I get a feeling it must have tasted nasty and/or bitter.
:drinking1 :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter