Some FREE DINING Info & Guidelines

There is a CRO CM on these boards who will also state "no early ticket pick-up is allowed." Apparently this is a Disney Destinations policy.

However, once the package falls under the jurisdiction of the onsite GR CMs, the policy changes. Thus, you are allowed to pick-up tickets early.

Bottom line - do not call/contact reservations to reaffirm early pickup. They will tell you, no.

There is a CRO CM on these boards who will also state "no early ticket pick-up is allowed." Apparently this is a Disney Destinations policy.

However, once the package falls under the jurisdiction of the onsite GR CMs, the policy changes. Thus, you are allowed to pick-up tickets early.

Bottom line - do not call/contact reservations to reaffirm early pickup. They will tell you, no.
Great explanation and info :-)

So is it time to start obsessing over the January - March FD dates yet? ;-)

Hmmm, almost rebooked out trip for mid-December after they extended the free dining dates to December 20th because I thought we would have a better chance of seeing the new Fantaslyland Expansion, but I think I've decided to keep our dates of November 23 - December 2. If I rebooked for mid-Decmeber, I would lose out on free dining at the new Art of Animation Resort, because we got a pin for that resort that included free dining. That pin is sold out for the Little Mermaid rooms in December so we would have to switch to another value resot. We REALLY want to stay at AoA, so don't want to change. Also, I think the crowds are going to be CRAZY once the new Fantasyland expansion is open and it will be more crowded in mid-Decmeber than it has previously. They are supposed to have previews starting November 19th. I know we won't be able to plan around those select days and times, but we will be there for 8 days, so I think we should get to see it at some point without all of the grand opening craziness. Anyway, I hope this speculation is correct. . . .

I started searching through the 19 pages and didn't find the answer; however it is quite possible I passed it up.
Basically, does the free dining go based on how many days you are booked at your resort or how many days you have purchased tickets.
The reason I ask is because I remember having the option to select more less days for my parkhopper tickets, and basically I wanted to know if I could save money and get more free dining uhh points? by paying a little extra for an additional day or two on park tickets.
Thanks for any info.:cool1:

Free dining is based on number of nights of your resort package. There is a 3 day ( I think, but it might be 2) minimum on tickets.

Just found the answer on disney's webpage, it is based on how many nights (ie I'm staying 7 nights 8 days with a 7day parkhopper so I'm getting 7QS 7TS and 7Snacks)

Free dining is based on number of nights of your resort package. There is a 3 day ( I think, but it might be 2) minimum on tickets.

Thanks for the quick response; on a side note is there a lot of Disney Firefighter decorations in your home?

When I rented points at OKW in 2005, free dining was not included at the DVC's. Has that changed? It seems like I'm seeing comments here and there that make me think it's possible now??

When I rented points at OKW in 2005, free dining was not included at the DVC's. Has that changed? It seems like I'm seeing comments here and there that make me think it's possible now??

Staying on DVC points will make you ineligible for FD. FD requires you to pay rack rate for your room and buy a minimum 2 day base ticket for everyone on the reservation. Since staying on points is not paying rack rate, you cannot get free dining.

DVC members CAN buy dining plans, however. I rented points from our ex-son-in-law and bought the Deluxe DP for our 3 day stay at BLT. Worked fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter