• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Some FREE DINING Info & Guidelines

All of this Free Dining buzz all over the boards today is making me even more anxious for October - December dates to be released! It's going to be a long spring and summer of waiting . . . . . ;-)

I'm so disappointed...we're arriving 8/25 at bwv and was so excited when I saw the free dining dates. We learned yesterday 2br villas are excluded except for ak lodge. Has anyone ever seen additional lodging options released further on or are we just out of Luck? Thanks in advance for any info!!

So I think I know the answer to this but I wanted to double check with the experts. :goodvibes If we were to do a split stay with free dining would we have to buy separate tickets for both reservations? Thanks for your help. :flower3:

So I think I know the answer to this but I wanted to double check with the experts. :goodvibes If we were to do a split stay with free dining would we have to buy separate tickets for both reservations? Thanks for your help. :flower3:
Depends. If your check in date only misses the start of the free dining promo by 3 days you can pick up your package tickets up to three days early. In that case you wouldn't have to purchase 2 sets of tickets. Sorry I didn't explain that very well. If you look at the first page of this thread, under Split Stay, all the details are there and how you can pick up the tickets early.

I'm so disappointed...we're arriving 8/25 at bwv and was so excited when I saw the free dining dates. We learned yesterday 2br villas are excluded except for ak lodge. Has anyone ever seen additional lodging options released further on or are we just out of Luck? Thanks in advance for any info!!
I think I read on Mousesavers, or maybe Mouseplanet, that suites and 2 bedroom villas, except for Saratoga Springs, have usually been blacked out for free dining in the past. And really, a 40% off code would probably save you more money than a free dining code - at least that's usually the case with deluxe resorts and villas. I would be on the lookout for the 40% off codes.

Depends. If your check in date only misses the start of the free dining promo by 3 days you can pick up your package tickets up to three days early. In that case you wouldn't have to purchase 2 sets of tickets. Sorry I didn't explain that very well. If you look at the first page of this thread, under Split Stay, all the details are there and how you can pick up the tickets early.

Thank you for trying to help. I did look at the first page. What I really was wondering was whether I could do a split stay without having to purchase two sets of tickets...which would be expensive. My whole trip falls during free dining. I just was hoping to do a split stay between a POR and BC to save some money.

Thank you for trying to help. I did look at the first page. What I really was wondering was whether I could do a split stay without having to purchase two sets of tickets...which would be expensive. My whole trip falls during free dining. I just was hoping to do a split stay between a POR and BC to save some money.
Sorry, I misunderstood your post. The answer is most definitley, yes, you would have to purchase 2 sets of tickets in that scenario. The only thing you might be able to do in that situation is book at POR under the free dining discount and purchase tickets for your lenghth of stay. If a good room discount comes out for BC (40%) then you could use the room only reservation there, pay out of pocket for your meals and use your length of stay tickets from your POR free dining package. Did that make sense?

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. The answer is most definitley, yes, you would have to purchase 2 sets of tickets in that scenario. The only thing you might be able to do in that situation is book at POR under the free dining discount and purchase tickets for your lenghth of stay. If a good room discount comes out for BC (40%) then you could use the room only reservation there, pay out of pocket for your meals and use your length of stay tickets from your POR free dining package. Did that make sense?

Yes it did. Thank you!:goodvibes I probably just wasn't clear enough in my first post.
I figured this was the case. Just wish Disney would just link your reservations since it's all on property anyways. :sad2: Keep hoping that will happen someday.

Okay, I am at a total loss re: this Free Dining :confused: ...

I think I understand the difference between
  • Just booking a resort room
  • Booking a resort room with park tickets which makes it a Magic Your Way Package
  • You can upgrade your Magic Your Way Package to one with Quick-Service Dining, Plus Dining, Deluxe Dining and the Premium Package
... however somehow I am missing how this Free Dining promo works ... is it a code only certain people receive ... is it over already ... :confused:

I know this has probably been asked somewhere before so if someone can point me the right way, that would be appreciated ... at the moment I just have a Royal Guest Room River View - Riverside booked and nothing else ...

Thanks for any assistance

Fºoºz;44256462 said:
Okay, I am at a total loss re: this Free Dining :confused: ...

I think I understand the difference between
  • Just booking a resort room
  • Booking a resort room with park tickets which makes it a Magic Your Way Package
  • You can upgrade your Magic Your Way Package to one with Quick-Service Dining, Plus Dining, Deluxe Dining and the Premium Package
... however somehow I am missing how this Free Dining promo works ... is it a code only certain people receive ... is it over already ... :confused:

I know this has probably been asked somewhere before so if someone can point me the right way, that would be appreciated ... at the moment I just have a Royal Guest Room River View - Riverside booked and nothing else ...

Thanks for any assistance

There are general public free dining discounts and there are pin code free dining discounts. Pin code free dining codes can come by email or regular mail and they are random, name specific and non-transferrable. General public free dining offers can be booked by anyone. The current general public free dining offer that came out this week is for the booking dates of August 25 - September 29, 2012. This package must be booked by May 14, 2012. To take advantage of the current free dining discount you have to be booked under a Disney package that includes room, tickets and dining plan. With the free dining discount package there is a 3 night minimum and a 14 night maximum and a 2 day base ticket is required also. As long as your check in date falls within the free dining dates, even the last day of the promo, you can apply the free dining discount up to 14 nights.

If your vacation check in date falls within the dates of August 25 - September 29, you can take advantage of the free dining discount. But, if you are booked under a room only reservation now, you will need to call and cancel that room only reservation and rebook under a package and tell them you want the free dining discount. The money you have paid/put down on the room only reservation can not be transferred to a package reservation and it will take approximately 2 billing cycles to receive your refund. To book your package reservation with the free dining discount you will have to put down a minimum $200.00 deposit and the balance will be due 45 days before your arrival date.

There are general public free dining discounts and there are pin code free dining discounts. Pin code free dining codes can come by email or regular mail and they are random, name specific and non-transferrable. General public free dining offers can be booked by anyone. The current general public free dining offer that came out this week is for the booking dates of August 25 - September 29, 2012. This package must be booked by May 14, 2012. To take advantage of the current free dining discount you have to be booked under a Disney package that includes room, tickets and dining plan. With the free dining discount package there is a 3 night minimum and a 14 night maximum and a 2 day base ticket is required also. As long as your check in date falls within the free dining dates, even the last day of the promo, you can apply the free dining discount up to 14 nights.

If your vacation check in date falls within the dates of August 25 - September 29, you can take advantage of the free dining discount. But, if you are booked under a room only reservation now, you will need to call and cancel that room only reservation and rebook under a package and tell them you want the free dining discount. The money you have paid/put down on the room only reservation can not be transferred to a package reservation and it will take approximately 2 billing cycles to receive your refund. To book your package reservation with the free dining discount you will have to put down a minimum $200.00 deposit and the balance will be due 45 days before your arrival date.

Thank you. :thumbsup2. Can you book this on-line or do you have to call in - went through booking it on-line but I didn't see the discount anywhere?

Fºoºz;44261168 said:
It must be over or not available to Canadian residents as there is nothing listed under Special Offers re: Free Dining ... just 30% off on stays at select Disney Resorts until June 14th ... nothing yet for Sept/Oct ...

I believe you have to visit the US portion of the Disney site, and as far as I know, Canadians can take advantage of this offer. Also, there is nothing out for October yet. The dates are 8/25-9/29. You can check-in on 9/29 and get free dining for up to 14 nights which would include some October dates. Good luck!:thumbsup2

Fºoºz;44261168 said:
It must be over or not available to Canadian residents as there is nothing listed under Special Offers re: Free Dining ... just 30% off on stays at select Disney Resorts until June 14th ... nothing yet for Sept/Oct ...
Smitch is correct, Canadians can book this offer on the U.S. site, or just call Disney direct and they can book it for you. If your check in dates is at least September 29, you can apply the discount to your reservation up to 15 nights, which puts you well into October dates.

You can book it on-line. You have to go under the Special Offers link at the bottom of the WDW homepage:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/

I believe you have to visit the US portion of the Disney site, and as far as I know, Canadians can take advantage of this offer. Also, there is nothing out for October yet. The dates are 8/25-9/29. You can check-in on 9/29 and get free dining for up to 14 nights which would include some October dates. Good luck!:thumbsup2

Smitch is correct, Canadians can book this offer on the U.S. site, or just call Disney direct and they can book it for you. If your check in dates is at least September 29, you can apply the discount to your reservation up to 15 nights, which puts you well into October dates.

You guys are great ... THANK YOU! :thumbsup2. Went to the US site and I booked it ... I booked it ... I booked it ... :yay: :yay: :yay:

Went from a 5 night stay (at PORS - Royal Guest Room - River View) to a 7 night stay with the Magic Your Way Plus FREE Dining :banana: !!! (I'll have to find time later to amend my ticker :laughing: )

The only question I had was that I amended the Tickets portion to a 5-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket from the 7-Day as have plans for the other 2 days ... does that mean that the Free Dining aspect is good only for those 5 days or does it cover the whole 7 nights we will be there?

Now I just have to wait for any special offers for DL as looking at late Oct - early Nov ... :cool1:

:woohoo:

Fºoºz;44263122 said:
You guys are great ... THANK YOU! :thumbsup2. Went to the US site and I booked it ... I booked it ... I booked it ... :yay: :yay: :yay:

Went from a 5 night stay (at PORS - Royal Guest Room - River View) to a 7 night stay with the Magic Your Way Plus FREE Dining :banana: !!! (I'll have to find time later to amend my ticker :laughing: )

The only question I had was that I amended the Tickets portion to a 5-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket from the 7-Day as have plans for the other 2 days ... does that mean that the Free Dining aspect is good only for those 5 days or does it cover the whole 7 nights we will be there?

Now I just have to wait for any special offers for DL as looking at late Oct - early Nov ... :cool1:

:woohoo:
So glad you were able to book with the discount! The Dining Plan/free dining is based on the number of nights you are at your resort, it has nothing to do with the number of days on your tickets.

We are going to Disneyland in June for the new Cars Land opening. Was hoping for some discount codes for DL, but will probably stay at the Ramada Maingain again, as it's literally across the street from the South Harbor entrance.

Hope ya'll have a magical vacation!

Is it usually a 5 night stay to get free dining??? We may only stay 4 nights then do a 3 night cruise, so I was hoping that sometimes in October they will offer FD with a 4 night stay requirement.

Is it usually a 5 night stay to get free dining??? We may only stay 4 nights then do a 3 night cruise, so I was hoping that sometimes in October they will offer FD with a 4 night stay requirement.

we are doing 4 night land/4 night sea and we received free dining

You mention it is 3 night minimum for the FD promo right now, but when I go to Disney's website it says 5 night minimum stay. What's the normal length of stay required for is promo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter