• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Some FREE DINING Info & Guidelines

Okay, I have updated the first post to include DDP upgrade amounts for 2012:

2012 Upgrade from the Quick Service DDP $34.99/$11.99 to Basic/Plus DDP $51.54/$15.02
$16.65 per adult 10+; $3.03 per child 3 - 9

2012 Upgrade from Quick Service DDP $34.99/$11.99 to Deluxe DDP $85.52/$23.79
$50.53 per adult 10+; $11.50 per child 3 - 9

2012 Upgrade from Basic/Plus DDP $51.54/$15.02 to Deluxe DDP $85.52/$23.79
$33.98 per adult 10+; $8.77 per child 3 - 9

It looks like I will need to do a split stay to qualify for free dining. I will need to make a 1 night room only, and then switch to a 7 night package with dining. My question is how early can I start using the dining credits on the first day of my package? I have a breakfast ADR for that day and I am wondering if the dining points will be available yet to me.

Thanks!

It looks like I will need to do a split stay to qualify for free dining. I will need to make a 1 night room only, and then switch to a 7 night package with dining. My question is how early can I start using the dining credits on the first day of my package? I have a breakfast ADR for that day and I am wondering if the dining points will be available yet to me.

Thanks!
Your Dining Plan credits are valid from the moment you check in so there should not be any problem using those credis for your breakfast ADR :-)

My travel agent is still on hold almost 2 hours :scared1: I pray she can switch us back to Jan. with the free dining .My daughter will still be on Christmas break ,and I'll get a break on price at the Poly !:banana:

Well I found this thread by searching "split dining credits". My actually question, and I hope Tiffany knows since she's the Dining Goddess ;) is:

Can you split a QS credit into snacks? If so, how many? I know about doubling TS credits for some places so I thought if they can be doubled, maybe they can be split. TIA!! :goodvibes

i have a question...i already have a free diningg stay booked but am now arriving in fla. one day early..can i add that day to the package and recieve free dining or do i have to get a room only for the night?

i have a question...i already have a free diningg stay booked but am now arriving in fla. one day early..can i add that day to the package and recieve free dining or do i have to get a room only for the night?

If your new check-in date falls within the discount dates you can just call to have them add that on to your reservation. If not, you will need to book a room only for one night and then continue on with your regular reservation.

Well I found this thread by searching "split dining credits". My actually question, and I hope Tiffany knows since she's the Dining Goddess ;) is:

Can you split a QS credit into snacks? If so, how many? I know about doubling TS credits for some places so I thought if they can be doubled, maybe they can be split. TIA!! :goodvibes
Nope, sorry, they won't do that :-)

I think Tiffany needs a vacation from helping others with their vacation plans. ;)

Okay, I read through the first post with all the dining info (much appreciated btw). At this point, I would just like someone to check my math and make sure I have this right. We are booked Dec 11-15th 2011 at Pop Century. We went with the free QSDP but at this point I'm beginning to think about upgrading to the regular DDP. If I read correctly, the upgrade would cost us $11 per adult for each night. So, that's $22 x 4 nights = $88. So, for approximately $88 we could upgrade to the regular plan?? If someone can please confirm this for me, I just may be on the phone with Disney Reservations again in the morning :rotfl:

ETA: Also, if I make ADR's while we don't have the regular dining plan, do I have to go back in and make ADR's again once we add it or will they automatically be covered by the dining plan when we upgrade?

Thanks for the great info spelled out so clearly. I wish our local AAA office would visit this board. This morning I had my wife call to set up a package for Feb 4 - 11, 2012 only to be told by the TA that we'd only get FD on the first night of our trip since Feb 5 - 11 is blacked out!

My wife called Disney to confirm that we would in fact receive FD for the entire stay since we are checking in on Feb 4.

Last year, I think there was Free Dining around May 27 through June 2 or something like that. Has anyone heard of something around that time in 2012?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter