1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Some Dopey questions

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by ironpig70, Apr 14, 2013.

1. ironpig70

ironpig70 DIS Veteran

Looking at doing the Dopey and I know its sold out this year so maybe next year(2015) and looking at it seems like you get 6 shirts and 6 medals.

Is this correct?

Also anybody who's done a Disney run can you tell me if the experience was worth the money. Really struggling over the cost. Locally(Eugene Oregon) a marathon is $140 the day before the race and its a USTAF sanctioned event so its not some fly by night event.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dburg30

dburg30 Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I

The only thing I can tell you is yes, you will get all 6 shirts and all 6 medals..

As far as is it worth it? I'll let you know late AM 1/12/2014 :)

4. Haas4Concern

Haas4Concern Mouseketeer

I think its worth it, but this is a pretty biased group. Im running nothing but disney races this year.

5. so_oregon

so_oregon Disney Cruise Fanatic

Oregon needs to be in force!!! come on!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

6. JCH

JCH DIS Veteran

140 is for just one race, though. The WDW equivalent of just one race is only $20 more, and so worth it!

7. swimfly

swimfly Mouseketeer

I'm a runDisney addict. I've been to loads of other races but Disney puts on an event. Plus there is nowhere else you could get away with wearing your medal for days afterwards. Pretty sure I'd look extremely silly cruising around NYC with wearing a medal.

8. CynthiaC925

CynthiaC925 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

It is totally worth it - no one hosts a race like Disney. I will only participate in run Disney races - fellow runners, cast members and spectators are so welcoming and encouraging - I can't imagine a better experience. And I live in California but participate in both WDW and DL run events - come join us!

9. roomthreeseventeen

roomthreeseventeen Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

It's actually 5 medals and a plastic medallion.

I do like runDisney races a lot. (by the time I get to the marathon of Dopey I will be on rD race #7). They certainly aren't for PRs, especially if you are coming from out of town, but they are great fun.

10. Stroller Boy

Stroller Boy 'I think it was the immortal words of Socrates who

Agree with the folks on this thread. Nothing like the Disney racing experience due to their control over the property as well as characters and the like. The other draw for me is the total immersion of the weekend. You can have a good local race, but you run...hang out for a bit and go home. Legs face it, people would just make fun of you if you wore your medal around town the day or two after the race. :-). Love how racers and in racers alike congratulate each other all throughout the weekend. One year I left my medal in the room and felt totally left out while hanging out in the parks after.

This will be my 7th year for marathon weekend (registered for Dopey) and I haven't ever regretted the money spent to this point. Some small gripes but you can tell that RunDisney is working hard trying to make as good an experience as possible. Sometimes they don't always succeed, but I do believe they are trying.