Some Disney Magic on our last trip

Mom of three

DIS Veteran
I wanted to share something that happened during our last Disneyland trip as it was truly magical....

This was from our July trip

My DH, DS and I woke up and headed over to DCA first thing in the morning. My DD and her BFF wanted to sleep in and were going to meet up with us later. We got to the park about 7:45ish and of course none of the rides were going yet. We decided to head towards ToT and as we were gawking at the line for RSR FP's, a cast member walked up to us and asked where we were headed. We told him ToT and he informed us that every morning they chose one family to be the "First Family" of the day. He asked if we wanted to be that family. Of course we said YES!!!

We got to hop on the trolley with Chip and Dale, we had the whole thing to ourselves!! We rode the trolley down to the ToT and signed the hotel guest book. We got to be the first people to ride for the day! Had the entire ride to ourselves!! After the ride we were greeted by more CM who graciously gave us our souvenir photo as a keepsake.

I had tears in my eyes when we were on the trolley...it was such a special, magical feeling.

DD was not too thrilled she slept in that day...lol.

548046_10150939795836260_159687020_n.jpg

487152_10150939795071260_312513442_n.jpg

544520_10150939794421260_1452461407_n.jpg

That is so awesome! Thanks so much for sharing that with us tonight. It put a big smile on my face.

And I love the pictures.

Those pictures are beautiful!! We are going to disneyworld in 10 days hopefully we get a little pixie dust!! :)

We rode the trolley down to the ToT and signed the hotel guest book.

You got to sign the ToT hotel guest book? Does it sit in the lobby or do they keep it at the podium? Did you get a picture of it? I wonder how many guests get to sign it. I haven't heard of this before. Very cool!

What a wonderful touch of Disney magic!
Not only do you have the memories of this event, but some terrific photos. :)

You got to sign the ToT hotel guest book? Does it sit in the lobby or do they keep it at the podium? Did you get a picture of it? I wonder how many guests get to sign it. I haven't heard of this before. Very cool!

Yes, it was the hotel guest book. Not sure if its the one at the podium, but they told us to write our names and the date in it and we could look it up anytime we come to visit. The only picture I have is the one of us signing. Wish I would have thought to snap a picture of the actual book.

Untitled.png

Yes, it was the hotel guest book. Not sure if its the one at the podium, but they told us to write our names and the date in it and we could look it up anytime we come to visit. The only picture I have is the one of us signing. Wish I would have thought to snap a picture of the actual book.

Untitled.png

I've never cared about being first family of the day or being in a parade but I love ToT so to me, signing the guest book would be cool! The trolley ride by yourself would be great also.

I've never cared about being first family of the day or being in a parade.....

Really? Have you done it before or does it just not interest you?

Quite honestly the whole experience was unique and special. Something we probably won't ever get again. It was completely random and an amazing way to start our day. We felt like celebrities, even if it was only for a little bit. We were very grateful. ;)

That last picture of your son and Chip and Dale is priceless. So sweet. Glad you got to experience some Disney magic.

What an awesome experience!!!! :thumbsup2

My DS would be in heaven to have the trolley all to ourselves like that. He is a huge fan of the trolleys and the characters (but not so much of ToT) :rotfl2:

Congratulations on your pixie dust experience!!!

I love it. What a special moment, and I truly get the tears in your eyes moment. Thank you for sharing the pictures. They made me smile.

Really? Have you done it before or does it just not interest you?

It just doesn't interest us. We had opportunity once to be in the AK parade at WDW and turned it down. I'd rather watch than be watched I guess. I'm glad you got to do it. If I had kids and they wanted to do it I would feel differently. :) If I had the choice I'd rather get something special "behind the scenes" so to speak - like getting into Club 33 or something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter