Some clarification,please

SRRN

Mouseketeer
Did I read somewhere on these boards,that if you booked an Entertainment rate or Fan Club rate,at the on-site hotels, you were not able to use the perks of the LOEWS FIRST card? No fruit platter?No cookies and milk?No newspaper or use of the Fitness Centers?No upgrades?:mad:

Just make sure you give them your loews card number and then you MUST remind them at front dest... we had to call numerous times though, to receive our fruit basket. They never told me that I couldn't receive the ammenites... their service just SUCKS! Not to be mean... but I was there 3 times(HRH) over a year and a half, and each visit was the same. They are very nice... they just don't have their **** together yet. We actually stayed at Portfino also, and they ran things a little smoother. Don't get me wrong,both places are just BEAUTIFUL... why do you think I keep going back!!:D Also, don't forget to ask for your complimentary upgraded room!!

When we went in April, we stayed at the PBH the first night and the HRH the other 2. We recieved loews welcome gifts at both hotels, cookies and milk at the PBH and fruit at the HRH. That was what requested upon check in. I also asked if they had a welcome "children's gift". The PBH gave my DD a pail and shovel filled with candy and the HRH gave her a bag with a visor, fake tatoos and some other things. I had booked with the ent rate and the AP rate, I dont think it matters which way you book, just who you get at the front desk.

In January and August at the HRH, we had to call and "remind" them that our milk and cookies hadnet arrived.

Patty

What exactly do you have to do to get this?

Have joined online, do I email/call the hotel before?

Thanks

PB

In order to get the welcome gift, do you have to give them your Loews First card number when you make the reservations, or can you show it to them when you check in? On the website, it says the welcome gift can be wine (vintage Chardonnay or red wine), fruit, bottled water or cookies and milk. Has anyone ever gotten the wine?:D

The first time we made ressies I didnt have my card, I called and added the number to the ressies when the card came. Since then I give them the number when I make the ressies.

I did get a room upgrade once, but the hotel was sold out on our last 2 stays.

Patty

Thanks for the replies.I feel better knowing that all I'll have to do is ask(and ask) and hopefully I'll get my fruit platter and upgrade,if possible.How old do the childrenhave to be to get the "gifts"?

Thanks for the replies.I feel better knowing that all I'll have to do is ask(and ask) and hopefully I'll get my fruit platter and upgrade,if possible.How old do the childrenhave to be to get the "gifts"?
:)

My DD is 8, they dont always offer the gifts, I think we always have had to ask.

Patty

I have gotten my gifts & upgrades at PBH every time. We had to ask for the gifts at HRH and did get it, but no upgrade.
Fitness center is free with Loews cards.

When I made my RPR ressie through the Loew's # I told the agent that I was a Loew's first member and did he want my card # - he said no, that with the Entertainment rate there were no Loew's 1st perks - I'll still make sure they take my card when I check in so that my stay gets on record - and I'll ask again about my goodies - but that is what they told me on the phone.

When we stayed at HRH in April we had the Ent rate. When I checked in I mentioned that I was Lowes member also. I didn't ask for an upgrade or gift - but they asked what gift I would like - the wine of course!! The next day when we got back to the room there was a nice bottle of red wine (a cab.) and two wine glasses and a cork screw on a pretty silver try with the welcome card that said "rock on". My sil got the fruit - and wished she got the wine!!

bjakmom-it seems like it all depends on the person you get because i made my reservations at RPR with entainment rate and they had no problem taking my loews #--i guess i will have to wait and see at check in.

Thanks for letting me know this worked for you - I will definitely flash my card and request my wine!

We've had the red wine twice and it was actually very good (it's Italian of course!).:) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter