Some bad meals last month, sorry to say.

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
We decided on doing almost all qs this week after our long weekend in Sept. We had some really bad food (at some really expensive ts places ),and after more than 60 trips, our patience has worn thin. CG, 1900 Park Fare and Hoop dee Doo all were disappointments.:sad2:

I've only ever been to the Fountain, which is a great alternative to Beaches and Cream....We'll be checking out Swan and Dolphin next trip for sure. Especially since we will be avoiding the parks ( but that's a whole other thread! Lol)

All the meals we ate last week in the parks were disappointing, but enjoyed the ones we had at Disney springs.

All the meals we ate last week in the parks were disappointing, but enjoyed the ones we had at Disney springs.
May I ask where you ate? We have had good meals at Raglan Road and Splitsville over the past few years but haven't been to either in awhile.

We decided on doing almost all qs this week after our long weekend in Sept. We had some really bad food (at some really expensive ts places ),and after more than 60 trips, our patience has worn thin. CG, 1900 Park Fare and Hoop dee Doo all were disappointments.:sad2:

How were they disappointments? Was the food not to your liking? Was the wait staff not attentive? Cold food? Late seatings?

One person's disappointment is not anothers disappointment so more information would be helpful for others.

Solely based on the food alone. Service was good at CG but the sushi appetizer we got was average at best and very small portions for both our sushi and buffalo steaks. The entertainment at both 1900 Park Fare and Hoop Dee Doo was really good, in fact, better than I expected as HDD was new to us. The food at HDD was abysmal....dry, tasteless. I'm glad I did it once for the show but the food was just really bad. The only item I can say was passable was the cornbread. I wish I had known that ahead of time, I would have eaten more of it.

Sorry to hear CG was disappointing. We just ate there again Sunday night and it was fantastic!!!! THE best filet I've ever had. We go regularly, but this time was the best.

What meal did you do 1900? We were thinking about doing breakfast there in August because we have heard the character interaction is great.

We had dinner there. The character interaction was really good. The step sisters aer fun...loud, but fun .

We had dinner at 1900 a few days ago. We did a lot of character buffets and we liked the food at all of them except 1900. Quality was not good. There was also not that many choices compared to other buffets.
Also, they are the only TS that totally forgot my food allergy. All others at the check in asked who had a food allergy in our group and that the chef will be out to see me. The wait service did the same. 1900 didn't say anything and I had to tell them. My ticket was not stamped allergy.
And the second we walked into the dining room it smelled really bad.

We'd never do any of the buffet dinners, they're generally let downs and even if they weren't, I can't justify the pricing for a few 'ok' items out of a self-serve location. The breakfasts experiences at 1900PF and a few others are worth it, definitely not dinner.
We stopped going to Hoop dee Doo a while ago, the bland strawberry shortcake, cheap baked beans and ok fried chicken just isn't worth the cost. I'd recommend it for seeing it once for the experience.

I agree with 1900 PF, the food at dinner is HORRID! :scared: I'll never make that mistake again. Just awful quality food.

CG was a disappointment after the refurb, I gotta admit. It was my fave, but no more. :(

Can anyone tell me how long the Hoop Dee Doo show runs for? We are going in November on our arrival night and I have to figure out a time to run for some groceries.

I agree with your assessment of the CG. We were very disappointed with the post-refurb CG during our last trip in '14. We thought both the menu and service went way downhill. The old CG had a great menu and very professional wait staff who were extremely attentive and accommodating. In my opinion, the new menu tries too hard to be upscale and trendy and is very limited in terms of food that would appeal to a variety of tastes. Our waiter seemed to be posing as a sophisticated world-class server who succeeded only in coming across as aloof and snobby. Overall, we found the new CG to be a restaurant that is trying way too hard to come across as hip and shi-shi while failing miserably at pulling it off. And with the prices as high as they are, we're in no rush to return. It really pains me to write this because the CG was our favorite WDW restaurant for many years. This was a big loss for us.

1900 has always been a must do for us for breakfast and dinner and can't ever remember it being bad:confused3

I agree with your assessment of the CG. We were very disappointed with the post-refurb CG during our last trip in '14. We thought both the menu and service went way downhill. The old CG had a great menu and very professional wait staff who were extremely attentive and accommodating. In my opinion, the new menu tries too hard to be upscale and trendy and is very limited in terms of food that would appeal to a variety of tastes. Our waiter seemed to be posing as a sophisticated world-class server who succeeded only in coming across as aloof and snobby. Overall, we found the new CG to be a restaurant that is trying way too hard to come across as hip and shi-shi while failing miserably at pulling it off. And with the prices as high as they are, we're in no rush to return. It really pains me to write this because the CG was our favorite WDW restaurant for many years. This was a big loss for us.

This was our post refurb experience as well. We loved UG pre-refurb and ate there once post refurb. Never again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter