• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Some Aulani Brainwashing going on...

What appetizer should we share at Aulani to WOW my wife with the food at the resort?

• Ahi Poke

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Kalua Pork Sliders

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
Again perhaps my wording was incorrect however I had this vision of paradice is Hawaii and again I'm telling you from just waking the coast and around I was told f you three times for not offering money and a LOT of homeless people were sleeping by the monuments. If I misspoke in my language I apologize but it really was a kinda shock to see and experience.

I stayed at the turtle hotel and just wandered the Waikiki strip to the duke statue and diamond head and yes again I was cursed at and approached multiple times for money.

Today I'm in Aulani and it truly is paradice my god :)

As someone who is half Hawaiian, but raised on the mainland, I have been to Hawai'i many times. My father was born and raised on the Big Island and now lives on O'ahu. I am sorry you feel so negative towards Hawai'i, especially the Waikiki Beach area. When we go we always had to stay in hotels because my dad always lived in studio apartments or had roommates. I have walked around Waikiki Beach and the surrounding area by myself many times at 2 AM, 3AM. I have ran that area at 5 AM from the Sheraton Waikiki to Diamond Head and have never, ever had a problem. I've ventured off the main strip late at night and never had a problem. In fact, most of the problems I have ever had are rude tourists pushing, treating locals like crap or disrespecting the land and private Hawaiian areas. I was just there 3 months ago to help my dad with some things and again, never had a problem with the homeless. I was asked for money, but I rarely carry cash, just use my card (I like to get my %age back on trips), but when I said no they were always polite. Most said thank you anyways and God bless.

I went to school in Detroit and the homeless there were way more intrusive and rude. Faking getting hit by cars, chasing people, etc. Again, never had a problem on Oahu with any homeless.

It's frustrating to see you discount an entire state because of this instance. If you didn't want to see homeless you should have researched a little. It's a well known fact that there is a great amount of homeless near Honolulu, more specifically the Waikiki Beach area. Maybe you should have gone to Kaua'i or Maui instead, then you would have seen what your vision of paradise was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter