Some amazing news regarding my Dad

I just wanted to share some news regarding my Dad.

The St Cloid Police visited my Mom today letting her know thta they have retested David Lanier's blood and they have found that he was definitely impaired. His blood showed.large amounts of cocaine.

This is setting a precedent in Florida in that the police have convinced the State Attorney to re-open the case.

David Lanier has a warrant out for his arrest for vehicular manslaughter for killing my Dad. He will stand trial and there is a possibility of his going to prison if convicted.

I want to thank all of the folks who have offered support and who have written letters on our behalf.

Thanks,
Kevin

This is SUCH wonderful news!!! My heart ached for your family not only for this terrible tragic loss but the way it was handled so poorly by the courts, I am so happy that you will finally see some justice!
Lesley

what wonderful news! i'm so glad your mother got to hear about this while she was ill herself - it must have lifted her spirits tremendously. Let's hope they find this guy soon!

hope you're having fun in Cali, now GET OFF THE DIS AND ENJOY YOUR VACATION!!!

I am so glad they are re-opening the case, and all my best thoughts to you in the coming months.

Kevin, has there been any thought into some sort of legislation that would guarantee blood be tested twice in these kind of crimes?

Kevin,

God brought your dad's case to mind the other day and I prayed that the truth would be brought to light and that justice would be done. I am so happy to hear about the turn of events.

This is great news, Kevin! Hopefully, this man will have to serve jail time. Good for the state of Florida setting this precedent.

I know it doesn't alter the outcome, but it definitely makes those left behind feel as if justice is being served. Additionally, his arrest could prevent a horrific loss for another family. I believe a bit of punishment is the best way to really get the message across to some people or they simply stick to their careless, thoughtless ways.

Best of luck to the police department and all those involved in following up on a prosecution.

Peace to your family and those who knew your father.

Kevin, I am so happy to hear this. Even though nothing can bring your father back, this must bring some sort of closure to your horrible loss. I hope this man is arrested and sentenced to a very long prison time. His actions have affected many people- both directly and indirectly.

glad to know that they came to their senses and second checked the facts.

blessings to you and your family!
Kim

So glad for you and your family Kevin. it is good to see people doing what is right rather than just what is easy.

That's excellent news, Kevin. I hope this will bring you and your family some peace. :grouphug:

Mrs. Klose, Kevin & Family - I know this won't bring your husband, father & loved one back, but hopefully it will help to know that this man will not be able to hurt someone else. This won't heal the hurt, but might help going forward. While I know your family wants this man punished, reliving this tragedy in the court system will be difficult. My thoughts and prayers are with you in the days to come. Penny:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter