• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

some advice using 102 points before Sept. 2014

igitur

Mouseketeer
I've never had a problem deciding what to do with points before, but we had to cancel a reservation and now I'm trying to decide what would be our best option.

We have 102 points which have to be used in our Sept. use year, so we have a little less than a year which is no problem. We're going to plan on a Christmas trip to WDW in 2014 so we don't want to visit before then. We're making plans on a possible trip to California sometime this summer so renting the points would certainly give us some cash, however the hassles of renting make me shy away from doing it.

The other option would be to find a way to utilize those points during our trip to CA (at Disney Grand Californian or using RCI)

Anyone have suggestions that might help me? We've only used our points for DVC resorts for ourselves in the past so all these other options are new territory for me.

Were these banked or borrowed points?

If they are points from your September 2013 use year you can bank them forward into 2014. If they were borrowed or already banked points then yes, you will have to use them by 9/30/14.

Have you tried Hilton Head? It is a wonderful resort with tons to do. I can also highly recommend the Grand Californian at Disneyland. Summer is super high-demand time though, so you should book right at your 7-month window if you decide you want to use your points there. You can also use your points at the Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier Hotel at Disneyland so they are always options.

Good luck!

Were these banked or borrowed points?

If they are points from your September 2013 use year you can bank them forward into 2014. If they were borrowed or already banked points then yes, you will have to use them by 9/30/14.

Have you tried Hilton Head? It is a wonderful resort with tons to do. I can also highly recommend the Grand Californian at Disneyland. Summer is super high-demand time though, so you should book right at your 7-month window if you decide you want to use your points there. You can also use your points at the Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier Hotel at Disneyland so they are always options.

Good luck!

Yes, they are already banked points so we do have to use by 9/20/14. Funny you should mention HHI...I was toying with the idea of going there since that's one that we have yet to visit. That's another possibility. Thanks for your input, much appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter