Solo trip report 07/04-07/07/21

Candice30

World's Greatest Aunt! -- or so the kids tell me.
Day 1 – 07/04/2021 – Arrival Day, Epcot & Magic Kingdom fireworks!
I had to get up about 2:15 am for an early flight. I had been warned about travel this holiday weekend. My ride picked me up at 3:20 and I was in line at the airport by 3:40 am. Sadly that’s as far as I made it. The line was outrageous to check-in. My flight wasn’t until 6 am so I had the time to kill but wasn’t sure what security would look like once I got into that line. I have TSA precheck but it didn’t open till 4:15 am. After about 40 minutes still at the door I was dropped off at, they finally started calling for anyone on my Orlando flight to get out of line. They gave us our own agent who was flying thru check-in for this one flight. TSA precheck was now open so I head straight there. Just a couple of families in front of me that turned out to be in the wrong line so I walked right thru. Nothing open this early and I wasn’t hungry anyway so just walked around before sitting down to wait. Just before boarding, I grabbed a soft pretzel and bottle of water for the plane.
Flight was uneventful. The couple next to me and myself slept the whole time. We arrived early but due to the heavy travel we sat on the runway for quite some time. Finally we approached the gate but had to wait cause there were no people available to guide the plane into position. So we wait! And wait! I really miss ME not handling luggage. I hate waiting for it and lugging it all the way to the bus on the opposite side of the airport. And like the last few trips, they had no idea which carousel it was coming out on and kept sending us different places. I noticed some luggage coming off a few carousels away and went to read one of the tags. I saw my flight# and grabbed my bag when it came thru. I made sure to make an announcement at the other 2 carousels I had been at that if they were on my flight that their luggage was elsewhere. So many people on my flight not at the right place. They were very grateful for the info!

I got to ME about 8:50 am. They said it would be about a 30 minute wait. No one was in any of the lines. Just me. A CM saw me and said I could wait on the next bus instead of standing there. I was first on my bus and just rested and finished up my pretzel from earlier while I waited for the bus to fill up. Sadly this is probably the first time I had a driver that did not communicate at all. No my name is or the resorts we are stopping at are, or get cameras ready heading thru WDW gates. Nothing. It was all very strange. We ended up dropping off at 5 resorts and you guessed it, mine was last. And I was the only one left on the bus. But yay, I’m at Kidani so I shook it all off and was ready for some fun! It took me a minute to remember I had my mask on and couldn’t wait to rip it off. I stored my bag with bell services and took a few pics of the resort and animals.

I had gotten a few texts already that my room wasn’t ready but I didn’t expect it to be cause it was so early. I headed to the bus stop and the Epcot bus was waiting. Put my mask back on and got on. The park was just about to officially open. I saw people being held at a few rides so I went in search of one that was already open. I went to Soarin first and though before 11am they were already operating. I was on in 15 minutes and got first row center so yay! I usually have to skip this ride cause mom is afraid of heights. I headed to test track next. The standy by was 105 minutes already. Single rider said 40 min so I got in that one. About 20 min into the wait, the ride broke down and we were forced off. Bummer. Everyone headed to mission space so I decided to do that later. Instead I just headed early to my ADR at San Angel Inn. They were still doing separate lines for dining vs going in for ride and shopping. I was early so I went in to shop and ride the boat. There was no line for the ride and I got right on. The dad behind me was with 2 little kids so I let them go in front of me so they could have the front row. They were so excited and grateful and I’ve rode this so many times that it wasn’t important to me.

I’m glad I knocked this out first because we I got off, the line for the boat was all thru the pyramid and out the door. I walked around looking at the merchandise and checked in for lunch early. In my 50+ trips to Disney I have never eaten at San Angel Inn. I always heard such bad things but reviews lately have been a little better. Plus most of my family get sick when eating Mexican food so this was my chance to eat one of my fave cuisines. I was seated a little early. I would have waited for a table by the water but there were only 2 that were two seaters and I was starving.

Not sure why it gets such bad reviews or maybe they have off days but my meal and service was amazing! My waiter was very attentive even though he had a couple of big tables around me. And when he was busy, the manager kept checking on me. For my meal I had the fish tacos with pineapple salsa and slaw and rice. Chips and pico came to the table as well. I wish this had come first with my drink but it all came out the same time and I was overwhelmed. To drink I got the blood orange margarita with tajine rim. Everything was delicious.

I made it thru 1 ½ tacos (you got 3) and a little of the rice before I was stuffed. I had them wrap the rest to go with some of the chips. The waiter got me a to go cup to take my margarita with me. I was in and out in 40 minutes. I was so full and the sun was beating down. And I was still sipping the margarita. I decided to head straight to American Adventure. Just felt like that’s where I should be on July 4th. I also needed to sit down till I felt better. Mariachi Cobre performed. Their show was great and they announced that Voices of Liberty was to follow in just 10 minutes after so I hung out awhile.

I’ve heard them sing these songs before but it was more special being it was the 4th. This elderly gentlemen who appeared to be a veteran stood up from his scooter during their finale waving a flag. He could barely stand and it was a beautiful sight watching him wave his flag. He hung in there but they stretched that last song so long he eventually had to sit back down. Bless his heart. Just as the show was ending I got a text that my room was ready and I was ready to kick off my shoes and make some coffee cause I was getting sleepy. The boat was approaching Morocco so I jumped on to future world.

I had a little wait for the bus to the resort and I was so ready to lay down for a bit. When I got back to Kidani, I stopped in the store to get some beverages for the room and zebra domes to have with my coffee. I started my walk to my savannah view studio. I noticed the room numbers and knew I was in for a really long walk. I was in the next to last group of rooms. Yikes! It was super far. I opened the door and got over it real quick cause I noticed the bathroom right at the door, the washer & dryer and a kitchen counter and I knew I had been upgraded. I was given a 1 bedroom villa for just little ole me. I was super excited. Hmm…which shower to use??? The master of course!

Continued..

Attachments

• IMG_5003.JPG
    IMG_5003.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Day 1 continued...

I called for my bags and made a pot of coffee. After unpacking I called home to check in and sat on the balcony greeting the animals with my coffee and zebra domes.

I rested in the room for a few hours. As tired as I was, I still wanted to see fireworks finally at Magic Kingdom. I missed them so! I headed into the kitchen to fill my water bottle and the floor was covered in water. I started to investigate before I called down cause I was settled and didn’t want to move rooms. I tested the sink and that seemed fine. Finally I discovered the culprit. The fridge was turned up too high and ice formed under a couple of shelves. With me opening and closing and loading it, it started melting and was all over the place. I cleaned it all up and no further issues the rest of the trip.
I arrived at Magic Kingdom about 7pm. I headed straight to space mountain. The standy by said 45 min but no way we all thought. I thought 75 and others kept say 90. I braved it. We were on in 50 min. I tried to grab a snack after getting off but things had closed in preparation for the fireworks. There were so many people lining up. So instead I rode pirates which said 20 min but was only 10. After that I decided to make my way to the hub to get a spot for fireworks. I really didn’t want to stand there that long. Large group of people, out in heat all day; yeah the smell wasn’t pleasant. I put it out of my mind and pushed thru. Since we were standing there so long I figured, might as well make friends with the people I was standing with. Hi Scott from Texas. He was there with his family and because he was so tall, he took some pics for me above the crowds. This was probably only a third of the people waiting on this side.

Happily Ever After was amazing as ever and worth the wait! I decided to try and make it thru the herd of people to try and get on a few rides as the park was open till 11pm. Even solo, it was very difficult. I finally made it to seven dwarfs mine train and it was a 75 min wait. I got in line but after only 5 min I knew I was done. I mobile ordered from cosmic ray’s and headed there. Big Mistake! Turns out there was some kind of kitchen issue and they were still taking orders. It was about 9:50 and they closed at 10pm I was told. People walking up to place an order were told it was a 3 hour wait. Umm how?? After 45 min and then hearing the family next to me had been there 2 hours waiting, I went to a CM. They couldn’t even access the system to see where my order was. She took down my order # as well as many people around us and assured us we would get put in for a full refund as soon as she could get into the system. I figured it would be a call to guest services tomorrow but I was so tired and cranky I just headed to the bus. The line for the bus was insane. I passed the time telling jokes with a mom and daughter in line in front of me. I was finally boarding the bus at 11:15 pm and when I sat down, I got a text, “YOUR FOOD IS READY. PLEASE RETURN.” Oh boy! Haha…nope I done left the building! I had a couple of tortilla chips from lunch and decided to call it a night. I had been up almost 24 hours and I couldn’t even see any more.

Last edited:
Loving your report! Looking forward to more! On San Angel Inn...I have had good and bad experiences but never with the staff! First good...I was there in August 2007, stumbling in from the heat...desperate for a break...it was the best food and the best rest and I don’t think it was just the AC...I went for dinner on another solo trip and just did not like their mole sauce...the staff kept trying to find me something else but I was so full and did not need anything! Still love the place though and have been back since! Cant wait for more of your report! AKL is on my list of dream resorts..

Loving your report! Looking forward to more! On San Angel Inn...I have had good and bad experiences but never with the staff! First good...I was there in August 2007, stumbling in from the heat...desperate for a break...it was the best food and the best rest and I don’t think it was just the AC...I went for dinner on another solo trip and just did not like their mole sauce...the staff kept trying to find me something else but I was so full and did not need anything! Still love the place though and have been back since! Cant wait for more of your report! AKL is on my list of dream resorts..
Thanks. I've always wanted to eat in there just cause it looks so cool. glad I tried it and what I had was good. I really wanted to have dessert but since I had more than half my food left I opted out. I usually go to La Hacienda across the way so wanted to try something new.

Day 2 – Animal Kingdom, Disney Springs, Pool & Epcot!
Despite being up so long on day 1, I still rose at 6am. Heated up some coffee and had a jalopeno cheese bagel with bacon I brought from home out on the balcony.
Got ready for the day and headed out to the bus stop by 7:30. Another ride I end up having to skip is flight of passage at Animal Kingdom. I am often with people that are scared on it so I skip it and haven’t rode in awhile. Definitely nice being so close to the park and I was on the bus and thru the gates and in line for flight of passage by 7:55am. A couple behind me were planning out their day and asking each other all these questions. I didn’t want to pry or be a know it all but after a while I was like oh I need to share wisdom with these newbies. I turned around and answered one of their questions. From there we ended up talking for the next 60 min in line. Very cute couple; again from Texas. Hi Faith & Robert! They were happy I had the answers they seeked. We talked about everything from where to eat, what to ride, how to get where, where single rider lines were and even how to get a rise of resistance boarding group the next day. We ended up riding flight of passage together and parted ways. I quickly made my way to the safari. The wait was about 35-40 min. sadly the animals were already not cooperating and many were no shows. I headed to festival of the lion king next to catch the first show.

Everest had been down most of the morning so I was waiting to ride that. I headed over and the standby was 35. I got in single rider but that ended up still being 25 min. Again, something else I don’t get to ride that often with others so I was excited to ride. Afterwards I was ready to head out. I decided to go to Disney Springs and try to finally get into Gideon’s Bakehouse. I took the bus to Saratoga springs and then walked to Disney springs via the bridge. I joined the virtual queue for Gideon’s; 2 hours 40 min and decided to get something to eat and then go shopping. I stopped at Ye Sake kiosk and got a teriyaki bun, karaage and a diet coke.

Continued....

Last edited:
Continued Day 2...
I headed to Basin to stock up on bath supplies and I also hit world of Disney and the co-op. I was happy it had already been 2 hours so my time at Gideon’s was near as I was getting tired and I wanted to go swim. It was so hot out. So not sure if it was the heat or dehydration or both but I looked at my watch again and nope, it had only been 1 hour since I joined waitlist. How did I do all that in 1 hour? Uggh. I decided I’d be missing Gideon’s again. The pool was calling and I was ready to go. I started walking to the bus and right before I got there I got a text saying to return to Gideon’s. Thank goodness I hadn’t yet cancelled my place in line. I got in line and was quickly at the front. Once again talking with a family in line who saw how excited I was. They said they come often and were telling me all the goodies to get. Finally I approached the doors and the chocolate aroma almost knocked me over! It was my turn!
I may or may not have gotten cookie wasted. You can get a max of 6 cookies and yes I’m solo but I planned to take back to family so I got all 6. I also got a jumbo slice of red velvet cake and a peanut butter cold brew. This was the best iced coffee I have ever had. I got my shopping bag of cookies and headed to the bus. The cold brew was gone before I even got to the buses. I was hoping the bus would be quick so there was no cookie melting.

When I got back to the room I couldn’t wait to try one and had a piece of the peanut butter one. Hands down the best peanut butter cookie I’ve ever had. I had gotten my second wind so quickly changed for the pool and headed down. I jumped in the pool to cool off but there were a lot of people and kids playing games so I decided to hit the hot tub instead. Immediately a nice couple; this time from PA where I am from said hello. We started talking and turns out we had so much in common. Lived not too far from each other, went to the same college and worked in the same industry. Hi Michelle & Scott! I have been meeting the nicest people this trip. I guess everyone is just so happy to get out and about after the unmentionable year.

They were DVC members visiting friends for the day and they were staying in their FL vacation home which they offered to me on a future trip. Like I said, super sweet people. The wife and I talked like old girlfriends for over an hour. Then she finally said “I guess I should go hang with the family I came with and my kids!” haha. We said our goodbyes and just then the sky darkened. They made everyone leave the pool area when lightening was spotted. I gathered my things quickly and headed back to the room. Talked with a single dad and his daughter on the way back to room. Again, this friendliness is so surprising. I am not an outgoing person but I too was happy to be at Disney without a mask on and enjoying fireworks. Guess we all felt it and it showed.
I took a few bites of the red velvet cake from Gideon’s. It was just okay. Overwhelming flour taste. I wouldn’t get it again. I was still being ambitious and wanted to hit the last night of flower & garden at epcot so jumped in the shower and then got out of room as soon as the rain stopped. Epcot bus was again waiting at bus stop so jumped on. Spaceship earth said 20 min but was a walk on.

I still had not rode test track so I started walking that way but the sky was getting dark again and I was afraid it would shut down again so opted for mission space instead. Green side said 10 min and orange said 40 min though I saw no line. This is another one that with friends/family I either skip all together or have to do the green side so I opted to jump in orange side since I don’t get to ride it even if there was a hidden line inside. I was on in 5 minutes. They put me in a shuttle by myself. Right before we went in the loading CM said I could join another group but I decided to just ride alone and jumped in the pilot seat. I got off and as predicted, test track was closed.
I was starting to get hungry so headed to world showcase. Sadly many of the booths were already closed as it was the last night of the festival. I got in line for Frozen but it wasn’t moving at all so I scrapped that idea. It was raining also. I got the toasted pretzel bun with ham from Germany.

After that, I just didn’t see anything else open that I wanted or hadn’t had when I was there in April. I walked all the way around world showcase without stopping for any shows or anything. I guess I was getting tired and it was still raining. I decided to head out but got a quick ride on figment first. The bus took a really long time so while in line I placed a mobile order for Sanaa. When I returned to the resort I hit “I’m here” and headed down to wait. I knew what I ordered would be ready quickly and I only waited about 3-5 minutes. I grabbed my goodies and started the long walk to the room. I changed into my jammies and laid out my spread. I got the bread service and the spiced tomato soup with seared paneer cheese.

Everything was really good but the soup was the tiniest portion for $9. Since the sauces were not marked I made sure to test them all to avoid the really hot ones. My favorite bread in the basket sadly you only got 1 of. I finished all the soup and just had 1 piece of bread before I was full. I’m sad I missed Epcot Forever as I’ve never seen it but Sanaa take out in the room with a movie was the way to go for sure!

I've always thought that I'd be bored traveling by myself, but you sound like you're really enjoying your time.

Day 3 – Hollywood Studios
I have never been able to ride slinky dog coaster or rise of the resistance so that was the plan today. I got up in time to get a boarding group for rise. Right at 7am my phone froze….uggh. Luckily it corrected itself and I was given group 60. Hollywood Studios is my least favorite park so I usually only spend half day there. I was hoping group 60 wouldn’t be too far into the day as I wanted to go to the pool again. I finished getting ready. I wasn’t hungry so just made some coffee to go and headed to the bus. I arrived at studios at 8:45 and it was already raining. A theme that would go on all day! I was gonna head to slinky dog but felt the rain might be too hard so I opted for mickey & Minnie railway instead. I have rode before but never with the pre-show so was excited to see it. Standby said 20 but I was on in 10 min.

When I got off I headed straight to slinky dog and turned out I was wrong. The rain had stopped and the wait now said 90 minutes. Yikes! Oh well, I decided to go for it; suspecting that it was probably only 60 minutes. I was behind a large tour group. About 10 min into the wait, their chaperone came and made them get out of line so I was pushed up in line. A few minutes later someone was calling my name. I was confused cause I’m here alone but turned around and it was Faith from Texas; the sweet newbie couple I met the day before at animal kingdom. She said her husband was ahead of me in line and she just popped out to get coffee for them. I was excited to see them and touched that they remembered my name.

They were about 20 people in front of me and we kept passing each other in the line queue making faces at each other which was fun. They thanked me for the tips on getting a rise boarding pass and confirmed that they got group 47. “Hey that’s better than mine!” It started raining again but just a drizzle. There was an announcement that they would still run in the rain as long as it stayed at this level and no lightening of course. We were all crossing our fingers. We were able to ride in the rain which actually made it more fun and less hot. Afterwards, I headed to rock n roller coaster; another ride I have to skip when with family.

Faith & Robert must have had the same idea cause we ran into each other again on sunset blvd. We decided to all get in the single rider line together. They got lucky and were put in a seat together so win for them. I was on just a couple of cars later. When I got off they were waiting for me in the store. They wanted to ride tower of terror but I despise that ride. Just don’t like it. At this point we both knew we wanted to hang out together today so we exchanged numbers and while they rode tower I went to see mickey & Minnie vacation short and then finally head to guest services to take care of my ticket upgrade. I have been back to Disney 4 times since they re-opened and kept saying I would look into getting a new AP but never did. I paid cash for this trip again and figured it was worth a try. I had called in the morning but they said I had to complete an application so if I wanted a same day answer and apply my current cash ticket to a new AP that I should go in person in the park. I wish I had done this back on day 1 and I was trying not to think of all the things I bought in Disney springs I could have had a discount on. Oh well.

The guest services line wasn’t too long but the rain had temporarily stopped and it was very humid. I explained to the CM that my AP had expired during the shutdown and when they re-opened, I took a payout of the days I had missed on the pass. She took me inside and started punching the keyboard. At first it was taking so long that I thought it was a no go but turns out it was a yes. She was just having trouble with the system and getting my current 3 day park hopper to come off for me to pay the balance. At least I was inside with air conditioning. A long wait and 2 managers later, they finally got her on the right track. I paid the difference and received my new AP. Yay! For keeping me so long she offered me a special experience fast pass. I grabbed one to ride rock n roller coaster again later in the day.
Like magic when I came out of guest services, I got a text from Faith & Robert. My new friends were off tower and ready to meet back up. I met them at the start of sunset blvd and they asked me where to next? We checked the boarding status of rise and ugghh… the ride was down after only getting to group 5 or 6. It continued to be down for about 3 hours. If they didn’t want to hang out with me I would have left and went to the pool and came back as it was looking like we now wouldn’t ride until the evening. But I decided hanging out with them would be more fun so we headed to smuggler’s run. I would never wait that long for this ride but since it was new to them we did. Not sure how long we waited; I think about 80-90 minutes. It was super humid. Just as we got inside the skies opened and it poured for awhile. Luckily we had just escaped it.
They enjoyed the ride and I suggested we head to toy story. They didn’t know anything about the ride and equated it to buzz at magic kingdom. Ummm no! I told them about it without spoiling anything and we headed there. We all had realized that none of us had eaten. We decided on woody’s lunch box. The next mobile window was an hour away. And though we were starving, we all decided to place our orders and hop in the toy story line which ended up being about 50 min anyway so that worked out.

Of course they loved the ride and after we headed to lunch at woody’s. People were hanging around longer than usual under the umbrellas because it was raining but luckily we didn’t have to wait too long for a seat. I had the beef brisket sandwich with tator tots. Robert had the same but with soup and Faith decided on the loaded tots. It was nice to sit and even better to be able to finally eat.
I always feel funny when I pack up my food after eating only a few bites. I should have gotten a kid’s meal but didn’t. I can’t eat a lot at one time so I got down half the sandwich and one tator tot and was done. I wrapped it all up and they were impressed that I had Ziploc bags with me to pack up my leftovers. I told them that it was something I was getting used to doing as I’d be hungry in just another hour and would finish it. Robert told me about his aunt who had weight loss surgery and had the same issue. This made me feel comfortable to tell them that I had the same surgery and hence the issue. I also can’t eat or drink at the same time but I was so thirsty that I tried anyway.
I pulled a re-usable straw out of my bag and that was it for Faith. She started calling my little backpack the Mary Poppins bag. She just couldn’t believe all the things I had in that tiny little bag and how prepared I was for the parks. I told her “yup not my first time.” It was now about 3:30 and I was getting really tired. Rise had started boarding again and was no where near my group. Faith wanted to see Frozen and I always enjoy it so we cooled off in there. We followed up with a ride on star tours. Sadly there was a boarding issue there and someone in the group before us vomited into one of the seats so we all had to get off and re-line up at another bay and wait again.
This ride always makes me a little nauseous and we all agreed we could have skipped it. Faith & Robert were finally up for their rise boarding group. These 2 sweet people wanted to wait for me! We went and talked to the CM at the line and they said no problem; as long as they were not early they didn’t care if they waited to ride with me. It ended up taking another 30 minutes before they got to my group. I was so touched that they didn’t want me to ride alone my first time. Once in line, it still took us another 60 min to ride. We were so exhausted and barely lifting our feet as we walked thru the line.
I like star wars but I wouldn't call myself a huge fan but this ride was amazing and well worth the wait in my opinion. We all really enjoyed it. After, we went into a few of the shops Faith wanted to ride tower of terror again and I was gonna go use my fastpass for rock n roller coaster. By the time we got near there I just couldn’t do it. I was too tired. They were gonna continue to hang out because Robert had a reservation to build a light saber at 8:30pm. We said our goodbyes and I headed to the bus. I was checking out tomorrow and needed to pack. I finished my sandwich from lunch and had a piece of a Gideon cookie before calling it a night.

Last Day – Magic Kingdom
I hadn’t planned on going to a park this day since my shuttle was coming at 2:00 but since I got a new AP I decided to try and ride some things I didn’t get a chance too. I heated up the bread service leftovers from Sanaa for breakfast while watching a baby giraffe eat.
I finished packing up and grabbed a coffee to go. I decided to take my bags to bell services myself and walked my bags down. I got to magic kingdom about 9am and headed for mine train. The posted time was 70 minutes but we were on in 45 minutes.

I then headed to peter pan. The stand by was 40 min but luckily it was only half that before I was on. I had planned to hop on small world since I was there but when I got off peter pan it had gone down for a bit so the line was really backed up. I decided to head to haunted mansion instead. Stand by was 45 min and we were on in 25. I overheard someone say that big thunder mountain, which had been down, was back open with a minimal wait. I rushed over there and there was a posted 15 min wait but it was a walk on. Guess everyone else caught on as well because when I got off big thunder, the line was growing so I decided not to squeeze in a 2nd ride.
I was getting a little hungry so went to see if the spring roll cart was open. Grabbed some cheeseburger spring rolls and rested for a bit.

I only had a little bit of time left and my plan was to hit people mover, then carousel of progress and end with something cold as I headed to the bus. People mover was very slow and long for some reason so that took up a chunk of time but it is one of my faves and this is the first time I have been able to ride since the shutdown. Another fave is carousel of progress. Sadly we got stuck during one of the scenes and the room didn’t rotate so we had to sit and watch the scene over. Normally I wouldn’t care but I was getting nervous about the time to get back for my airport shuttle.
I went in search of an ice coffee or milkshake; something I could eat on the way to the bus. I ended up in the ice cream parlor and before I knew it, double scoop with peanut butter sauce came out of my mouth. This meant I had to sit down to eat it. I sat outside the Plaza and watched a parade go by enjoying my ice cream. Just then I looked at my watch and it was already 1:15 and my shuttle was coming at 2:00.

I made my way to the kidani bus stop. There were people there that had been waiting a while. The next driver was there too for a shift change. Finally the bus arrived and I kept checking my watch while the new driver had to check the bus out and complete his check list. I don’t usually cut it this close and the bus has been alternating between stopping at kidani or jambo first. I was hoping we would go to kidani first. Finally we were off. I finally got back to the resort at 1:50 and quickly went to bell services to get my bag. Laughing at how they were pushing my bag cause the airline had broken it on day 1. Magical Express pulled up 5 minutes later. They had told the driver he had only 7 passengers so he wouldn’t have waited or known I was missing as there were 10 of us. Luckily we all were able to get on. This poor guy had so much luggage to load and I was glad bell services came over to help him. I slept as usual the whole way to the airport. My bag was the last off so I had to wait for the driver to empty 3 cargo holes all by himself before I could get my bag. I felt so bad for him and made sure to tip well. I went to the kiosk at spirit to get my boarding pass and luggage tags. Don’t know why but even after tagging your bag yourself, you have to get into the super long line to drop if off. So regardless they were making everyone mix in together anyway.

The line wrapped around and around and then stretched down to the next airline counter. It was crazy. Because the line was split into 3 sections, new people kept walking up trying to go straight into the first section. Everyone was getting so upset because there was no agent there directing people or stopping it. Luckily after awhile one flight that was leaving soon was pulled out of line and that freed us up a bit. I headed thru and to TSA precheck and was on shuttle quickly after that. I had a great trip but was ready to head home and end this long travel day!

What a fantastic trip and report! I had fun catching up on your adventure today. How awesome to meet new friends and be able to do all the things you want to do that your usual party might not enjoy. Looks like you made the most of every minute. Thanks for sharing!

What a fantastic trip and report! I had fun catching up on your adventure today. How awesome to meet new friends and be able to do all the things you want to do that your usual party might not enjoy. Looks like you made the most of every minute. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! I certainly did!

I have to ask - what all did you pack I your backpack for the parks?
insulated water bottle, ziploc bags in various sizes, foldable reusable bag for shopping, poncho, mini umbrella, feul rod and charging cables, reusable straw, mini fan that hooks onto cellphone, care kit (bandaids, antiseptic, neosporin, tylenol, dramamine, moleskin, floss sticks), usually some type of candy/snacks, sunglasses, sunblock, flash drive, hand wipes, hand sanitizer. And it's a tiny backpack but I somehow get it all in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter